No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Orange Mane Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get too involved with this Boss or I'm going to just start posting my notes with detailed breakdowns of individual plays. I don't agree at all about Lawrence or Wilkins. When the time comes in our draft game, we can and will have this debate.

I do agree 100% that non-pass rush NTs have little value and don't go high in the draft. Three down NTs, like Vita Vea, are exceptionally rare and do. #12 overall Scribe, and all Tampa did was talk about how much of a penetrating pass rush threat he was on top of being a NT. Didn't get over his injury and really play until Week 12, finished with three sacks and was pretty dominating down the final stretch. Moved him around, 3 tech, 5 tech, and NT. Just like I did on some prospects, you absolutely whiffed on him, it happens. Don't make that mistake with Lawrence, he's quicker, faster, and better in every way than Vea. And on tape, far better than Wilkins too for that matter. But we can get into the game tape about those two in a few weeks.

Comment

Should be exciting for sure when we start playing to see where we all rank the guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
        I can't get too involved with this Boss or I'm going to just start posting my notes with detailed breakdowns of individual plays. I don't agree at all about Lawrence or Wilkins. When the time comes in our draft game, we can and will have this debate.

I do agree 100% that non-pass rush NTs have little value and don't go high in the draft. Three down NTs, like Vita Vea, are exceptionally rare and do. #12 overall Scribe, and all Tampa did was talk about how much of a penetrating pass rush threat he was on top of being a NT. Didn't get over his injury and really play until Week 12, finished with three sacks and was pretty dominating down the final stretch. Moved him around, 3 tech, 5 tech, and NT. Just like I did on some prospects, you absolutely whiffed on him, it happens. Don't make that mistake with Lawrence, he's quicker, faster, and better in every way than Vea. And on tape, far better than Wilkins too for that matter. But we can get into the game tape about those two in a few weeks.
        Uh uh, see what you ain't gone do is call him a pass rusher. No No No! Vea is not a pass rusher. YOU WILL NOT CALL HIM A PASS RUSHER!!!

I had no issue with Vea as a player, I said he wasn't a pass rusher. Thought he'd go 20-25, maybe 16 or so tops. The history of the draft bares that out.

Comment

The fact Tampa passed on Derwin James twice is still tough for me to understand.

Comment

damnit cards traded for ot gilbert and gave their 6th...

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
              Karma.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                Nothing compares to my Jets trading a 1st and 2 2nds and next year's 2nd 12 hours before our draft order locked. Cry me a river about a 6th rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by jebures View Post

Nothing compares to my Jets trading a 1st and 2 2nds and next year's 2nd 12 hours before our draft order locked. Cry me a river about a 6th rounder.
                  You still won, shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

You still won, shut up!
                    ya, but barely. It could have been a blood bath if I had all my picks.

Comment

Originally posted by jebures View Post

ya, but barely. It could have been a blood bath if I had all my picks.
                      You sicken me.

But I respect the greed.

Comment

I will probably be picking by the end of the week yall

Comment

You may want to wait Ludo. Start date is the 19th at 8am EST. That's when selections lock. With the early picks in some state of flux, it could really mess up our game if people pick early and then a trade happens on the 18th for one of the top selections like last year. At that point, we're now deleting selections and moving picks back around. I see absolutely zero positives to starting before the official start date. Only negatives.

Comment

i see us pressed for time and should start tomorrow but ill wait a few days at least

Comment

We've finished with multiple weeks to spare the last five years or so with the same start date, a week into Free Agency. Hopefully that streak continues, I see no reason why it would not. Either way, only a week left, then we are off and running. Speaking for myself, and the Bengals, I have no idea what I'm doing in the draft yet, a lot depends on free agency. Starting before that gets sorted would be insane to me. The Cards might have things a little easier though with that top selection. Maybe.

Comment

BPA or Murray. Pretty easy for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X