No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Orange Mane Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of you guys are just throwing Scrabble pieces on the table and coming up with names. Central Connecticut State QB? Wtf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
      Some of you guys are just throwing Scrabble pieces on the table and coming up with names. Central Connecticut State QB? Wtf.

L O L. Some of these guys are really deep sleepers, I think eddie mac just drafted Foghorn Leghorn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
        Sounds like PRBronco is going to get some huge points from Daniel Jones. A lot of people are now predicting 17 is his floor.
        Man....please don't be us....

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
          Sounds like PRBronco is going to get some huge points from Daniel Jones. A lot of people are now predicting 17 is his floor.
          Watch us take him and then find out he can't read a playbook...

Comment

• With the 220th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the HOUSTON TEXANS select:

TE KADEN SMITH, STANFORD

Kaden Smith is #222 on my Top 300 Big Board

TE KADEN SMITH STANFORD

Oregon (2018): Playing inline, hback, slot, wide. Not a very fluid athlete, he can move better than most TEs, but he has a little bit of a dad runner to him. Not fluid blocking either, more of a get in your way gnat type so far. Seam route for about 15 yards against zone coverage, tackled immediately. Quick out route for 5 yards from inline. Comeback route for 15 yards against zone coverage, pretty physical on his breaks with the DB. Keep an eye out for offensive PI. Comeback route for 10 yards against man coverage by LB Dye. He’s a little bit limited with his route tree so far, basically he just runs into the LB or S, knocks them back and then comes back for the ball. Not seeing anything dynamic or athletic about his game. Blocks like a WR, runs to a spot, turns his body, tries to lean and wall off the DB or LB. I’m doing a cut up on this game, so not sure if they aren’t showing his run blocking or if he doesn’t do that at all. I’ll dig into that in the Utah game next. So far, he’s just a receiving TE even though he lines up inline most of the time. All I’m seeing him block are mediocre efforts on DBs and LBs. Running almost exclusively rub and pick routes to clear out for other receivers, he probably should have five PIs called on him by now. No chance this is going to fly in the NFL. Doesn’t seem to be a good enough athlete to get separation without pushing off on the defender. 15 yard reception from the slot against zone coverage. 20 yard reception on slant from the slot, just dog walked Dye again in man coverage. He’s too physical for him, maybe has a little bit of a Gronkowski style to him. Nowhere near that caliber of blocker. Tried a back shoulder on a Go route from out wide, not the type of guy that’s going to adjust to a low throw and make a diving catch. The other TE was more impressive in this game.

Utah (2018): Playing inline, slot, hback. Too slow and whiffed on his down block on the DE, who then stuffed the run. Crossing route from the slot on 3rd down, dropped the ball in heavy traffic. TE screen for 5 yards. So, he’s blocking inline on the DEs, they didn’t show that in the Oregon game. Effort is fine, still more of a get in your way type, but he’s squaring up and giving it a shot. A little concerned about his strength, he’s having some issues driving the safety off the line. Curl route from the slot for 10 yards, solid catch in tight coverage by the safety. Solid block from hback on the DE on inside run, just a nice tough positional block to wall him off from the lane. Lead block from hback on a sweep, did a nice job of picking up the safety and sealing him inside. Better blocker than originally thought. Quick slant from slot for five yards, tackled immediately. Solid inside seal from inline on the DE at the goal line on outside sweep. Wheel route from inline for about 20 yards, smoked the OLB Thompson on the play. Seam route for 15 yards with a jumping catch over Thompson’s head in man coverage. This LB can’t handle him. Bull rush by the DE rocked him back big time, able to hold the block long enough on inside run though. Unable to make adjustment on back shoulder throw down the seam, did get a PI call on the play. He’s doing a solid job on the DE when positional blocking and sealing them inside. Soft zone late in a blow out, seam route from the slot for 20 yards. Curl route for 10 yards against prevent type zone in final minutes of the game. Seam route for 20 yards. Utah just letting them catch it and burn clock. That was a nice leaping catch to high point the ball though. Shows decent hands and jumping ability. Kind of a strange offense that plays three TEs at the same time fairly frequently. He’s the receiving TE of the group though. I hesitate to call him an inline TE, but he does play some snaps inline and makes some quality blocks at times

Washington (2018): Playing inline, slot, hback. Curl route from inline, short gain, tackled immediately. Tried a slant route from the slot against S Rapp, it would be impossible to be any more blanketed. Smith is very limited in terms of speed and athleticism, he’s basically a big bodied possession receiver at best. Tried to hit him on an out route from inline, but QB was hit as he threw and bounced the ball. Quick inside slant from inline, short gain, tackled immediately. Quick out route against LB BBK, short gain, tackled immediately. Intermediate slant route from the slot, able to get position on and beat the CB for a 20 yard gain. Seam route from the slot for 20 yard TD, just a great pass by the QB in-between all the zone coverage. Nice job walling the safety inside from hback on off tackle run. Quick inside slant from inline for short gain against zone coverage, tackled immediately by both ILBs. Key down block on DT Gaines on 5 yard off tackle TD run. Strong positional block on OLB on off tackle run. .

TLDR:
            He’s still mostly a get in your way, lean on you, maybe slow you down type blocker. Flashes some athleticism, but not enough to be a slot style TE. He’s a little bit of a tweener in that regard. I think he needs weight room work and then will eventually grow into a true inline TE that can give you a little bit of field stretching production up the seam along with the intermediate possession routes. Not a guy that will be ready to play Year 1, but should develop into a three down TE over time.

Comment

• With the 221st overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS select:

DE RONHEEM BINGHAM, ARKANSAS STATE

Ronheem Bingham is not ranked on my Top 300 Big Board

**Looks around, stares at his notes, throws his papers in the air. "Who the **** is this guy? I've never heard of him."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

L O L. Some of these guys are really deep sleepers, I think eddie mac just drafted Foghorn Leghorn.
                and guys like **** **** are still on the board. wtf
                Last edited by JCMElway; 04-07-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos23 View Post

and guys like **** **** are still on the board. wtf
                  23, We consider it bad form to name drop prospects on the Discussion page before they've been drafted. It may alert someone to a prospect and snitch them from someone else who knew about them already.

And we have the UDFA round with lots of hidden gems coming up.

BTW, nice first mock draft with us!

Comment

• Sigh. SoDak hasn't picked, and I just wanna gooooooooo!

Comment

Well, for what it's worth, Dexter is not really a Jaguars style RB, though we'll have to see which gets drafted higher out of Doss and Williams. I'm convinced Williams is a far more explosive RB on tape than how he timed. I think he's a pretty good steal at this point.
                      Like a said back in the 6th round, he's not a player I really, really liked because he was arrested in 2016, suspended for 4 games in 2018, small production as a receiver and did not look great catching the ball at the Combine and Pro Day, pass protection needs work [but that's common among college RBs] and can go down easily after contact.

However, we liked his value at that point because he is a homerun hitter with good size in a class with a lot of RBs clogged up in the middle. That 40-yard dash does not reflect his game speed. He tied for 1st in the broad jump and was 3rd best in the 3-cone drill. Averaged 6.4 YPC at Notre Dame, 6.3 last season playing against some good teams and produced a bunch of long runs running outside and inside.

Maybe Williams goes before Doss, but I think they'll both go on day 3.

Comment

Man....please don't be us....
                        If we take Daniel Jones at 10 Elway will be gone within 18 months.

Comment

• Well, frick. My makeup draft descriptions are up and I hafta go. Will have my pick in at 11:45 if Sodak does not select in that time frame. In round 7, 6 drafters go by before the pinch drafter is called.

Comment

A lot of these guys I see coming off are getting rated astronomically on the RAS model done by one of the writers for the Lions' SB Nation site. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

A lot of these guys I see coming off are getting rated astronomically on the RAS model done by one of the writers for the Lions' SB Nation site. Interesting.
                              You just outed their super secret info source! Watch your back Req!

Comment

• SoDak has about 10 minutes before the Bengals stampede to the podium and jump his selection. We were so close to making it through the draft without a single missed selection. Med had his time expire, barely, but he still got his pick in first, so wasn't skipped. I thought we were finally going to pitch the perfect game, or at least a no-hitter depending on how you look at it. Still a chance SoDak, get that pick in!

Comment

Working...
                                X