X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the 215th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS kick off the 7th round and select:

QB JACOB DOLEGALA, CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE

Jacob Dolegala is not ranked on my Top 300 Big Board.

**Looks around, stares at his notes, throws his papers in the air. "Who the **** is this guy? I've never heard of him."

Comment

• With the 216th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,
      the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS select:

OC HJALTE FROHOLDT, ARKANSAS
      Hjalte Froholdt is #274 on my Top 300 Big Board.

OC HJALTE FROHOLDT ARKANSAS

Auburn (2018); Playing LG. Looks a little small, not sure I’m buying his listed weight of 330lbs, either that or the rest of this Arkansas OL is just massive. Could be either. Solid job picking up DB blitz. Manhandling DL Williams early in this game, just shoving him wherever he wants him to go. Bull rush by Williams that time for a pressure, just let him get way into his chest. Excellent stoutness in pass pro against DT Brown, that guy shoves interior OL around fairly easily, not this time. Nice job blocking his guy and then peeling off to pick up the LB on the blitz. This dude is smooth, looks good. Pulled around the RT, absolutely pancaked the DE crashing down inside on the way there, RB cut underneath for a short gain. I’m tempted to put him at fullback after that. Pulled around the RG on off tackle run, just kind of helped seal the inside. DT Russell with a nice inside swim, but Froholdt able to shuffle over on the mirror just enough to keep him from getting to the QB. Too slow to identify and pick up a twist by the DTs, other guy looped around right by him for a QB hit. This guy is just pretty tiny, nowhere near 330lbs, even the Auburn DL guys are dwarfing him. Actually makes his stoutness a little more impressive. Sophomore DT Truesdell just blew him up with a massive bull rush and then stuffed the RB for a loss on top of it. He’s having some trouble with the DL getting into his chest and walking him back at times, not every time, but enough that it’s a concern. This is either poor hand usage or short arms or both (It’s due to T-Rex arms). Called for a holding call on a twist where the DE came inside. Nice job twisting Russell and walling him off on inside run. Pulled around the RG, nice outside seal on LB, RB cut up right behind him for massive run. Pulled around the OC on a 4th and 2 run, smashed into the LB and walled him off outside WHILE pushing the RB in the pile over the first down marker. Toughness and awareness, good combo to have. DT Brown with a stunt that Froholdt picked up but just got bull rushed back into the QB for a pressure. Completely trucked by DT Russell in pass pro, able to pull him down with him though, somehow no flag. Looked excellent getting out front and leading a RB screen, key block on the safety in space to spring a big play. Russell beat him with an outside swim on an inside draw to help stuff the RB. Once Arkansas fell behind and the Auburn DL could pin its ears back for the rest of the game, it got pretty ugly. Froholdt is far superior as a run blocker than in pass pro. He’s kind of a finesse guy to a degree, think he’d fit well in a ZBS.

Texas AM (2018); Playing LG. Solid seal block inside on DT Keke on outside run. Pulled him around the RG, able to pick up and drive block the DB well out of the lane on off tackle run. Solid job twisting and walling off DT Mack from the lane, too bad the RB bounced back inside right into Mack’s reach who stuffed him for a loss. Froholdt did his job though. Mostly controlling Keke at the line and moving him where he wants him to go. Great job blocking the DT and the LB at the same time on inside run for chunk gain. LT downblocked, solid job by Froholdt kicking out wide and picking up the DE on the arc rush. Absolutely buried DT Peevy on a goal line rush play. DE Durham smoked him around the outside for a QB hit. DT Madubuike with a nice up and under club move that Froholdt somehow countered and mirrored, really nice rep. Pretty good with combo blocking and then climbing to second level. Pulled around the RG, solid inside seal on DE. DL getting into his chest again too much, this is a chronic problem that plagues him every game. His hand usage looks fine, usually hits square and his arms aren’t too far apart, he plays with good bend and forward lean, this almost has to be length related which is a big problem since he’s already inside. Only place he can go from here is OC, which might work, he’s pretty stout and mobile. Solid job twisting Mack away from inside running lane. Solid job shoving DE Brown out of the running lane. Nice drive block on NT Mack, that’s a big boy to be shoving backwards. I think Froholdt has some strength to him. He’s pretty good when asked to block in the running game, it’s pass pro that gives him problems. Solid job getting out front and leading a screen again. Nice job against Mack in pass pro, rode him wide of the QB. Great heads up play where he saw the DE beat the OT and was coming from behind the QB for a strip sack, Froholdt charges back there and picks him up just before he could swipe the QB. Awesome heads up play. His awareness in both games so far stands out. He definitely can’t stay at OG in the NFL, not sure if it’s length or what, but he can’t pass protect consistently enough, they get into his chest and move him back way too much. I think his only shot is as an OC, but I think I like him there. He’s smart, aware, mobile, and relatively stout. No idea how big he is, but he’s smallish and I think has length issues. OC hides a lot of that. As an OG, I don’t think he’s draftable despite some nice flashes at times.

Alabama (2018): Playing LG. Solid job walling off DT Williams from off tackle run. Bullrushed by DT Buggs who helped stuff RB for a loss. He’s having some success against Williams 1v1, which is telling about his ability to mirror and be stout. Williams with the stack and shed on him to stuff the RB for a loss that time. Excellent combo block and then climb to second level and wall off the LB on outside sweep. Williams able to beat him around the outside shoulder for a QB hit. Pancake on Buggs in pass pro. Nice job picking up the LB on blitz, stoned him. Excellent inside seal on Williams on off tackle run. This is pretty solid tape so far, he’s holding his own. Pulled around the TE with a strong kickout block on the DB to spring a RB sweep for chunk gain. Athleticism and fluidity looks good for an OL. KO’d the OLB on an inside QB draw, just smashed him helmet to helmet. Has done a nice job shoving Buggs around when they’ve matched up. Has also done a quality job so far with Williams overall. I think the smaller, quicker DTs are easier for him than the big power pigs. Williams gets him every now and then with a stab step inside and then just shoots back outside and runs powers around Froholdt for a QB pressure. Pancaked by Williams, but blocked him long enough for the RB to get by. Dinged up on that play, but returned to the game. Excellent job getting out on the ILB and sealing him inside for a big gain off a RB draw. Pulled him around the RG, LT down blocked, nice job picking up the DE. DT with a nice inside swim to get by him and tackle RB for minimal gain. Pulled him around the OC, met the LB in the hole with a thunder block, RB scooted on by for decent gain. This was probably his best tape, and I don’t think it was an accident that it was against smaller, quicker DTs.

TLDR:
      Overall, Froholdt is an excellent run blocking interior lineman, shows good power to twist and steer even big NTs in the running game, but he also appears to have excellent athleticism and is a quality puller and blocks well in space on screens. The big issue is that the bigger DTs get into his chest too easily and walk him right back into the QB, I’m fairly certain it’s a length issue because he’s much smaller than the 330lbs he’s listed as. He looks tiny lined up to his fellow OL. While the Alabama game gives me some pause, I still don’t think he’s a legitimate option at OG against NFL size and length. I think he needs to move inside to OC where his athleticism, relative stoutness, and overall field awareness should serve him well. It also is probably the only position on the line where he can potentially hide some of his more glaring flaws. This isn’t a bad player at all though, he flashed in every game, he’ll be on my draft board for sure (And he is, though he measured in far different than I expected, Arms were very short as well, good player though).

Comment

• With the 217th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,
        the NEW YORK JETS select:

LB COLE HOLCOMB, NORTH CAROLINA
        Cole Holcomb is #281 on my Top 300 Big Board

LB COLE HOLCOMB NORTH CAROLINA

Pittsburgh (2018): Playing OLB in 43 defense, plays ILB in nickel, MLB in dime. Decent job tracking RB on flat out route and forcing him out of bounds after solid gain. Lined up at end of the DL in press man on the inline TE, strong jam, wouldn’t even let the TE get into his route. MLB in dime, sniffed out RB screen, tackled him for a loss. He was essentially spying the RB the entire way, so once he saw the route develop, he burst forward and put an end to it. The forward burst, speed, and wrap up tackle all looked good. Blitz up middle, pancaked by OG, did manage to pop back up and help tackle QB on scramble. Up in press man on inline TE, able to spin away from the block and help tackle RB on off tackle run. Blitz up A gap, stuffed by both the RG and OC. I like how he’s used, he’s in coverage a lot on the TEs and RBs, but also gets some blitz attempts. Perfect coverage on inline TE when he tried to leak out after originally blocking. Came flying up from LB depth on RB sweep, got buried by the pulling LT. Blitz up middle, picked up by LG. Fooled on a jet sweep, though the QB kept the ball. Doing a number in coverage on the Pittsburgh inline TEs, most of the time they can’t get off Holcomb’s jam. Looks to have good awareness and understanding of flowing with WRs and TEs in zone coverage. So far, has been far more effective as a coverage LB than against the run. Blitz off the edge, good burst and able to tackle the RB from behind for minimal gain, but he did get just enough for the first down. Walled off by LT on off tackle run, able to fall off the block and help gang tackle RB for short gain. Consistently slow to react to option style plays and who actually has the ball, ran a read option right past him near the goal line for the short TD and he didn’t seem to understand that at least one of those two guys had the ball. Off tackle run, took on the FB in the hole, teammates clean up the tackle. Good lateral chase speed to run down QB on scramble and knock him out of bounds prior to first down. Off tackle run, wrap up tackle on RB for short gain. Jet sweep, this time read it and reacted quickly and stuffed the play for a loss. Blitz up B gap, ran over the RB in pass pro, heavy pressure on the QB, ended up forcing a bad throw and subsequent punt. Blitz up A gap, rip move to beat the RB in pass pro, sack on QB. Off tackle run, forced RB to bounce outside, strung him out for short gain. Tape was decent. He’s a read and react LB that needs to see it to react to it, which isn’t great. His instincts are not great either. He is pretty good in coverage, both zone and press man on the TEs. Athleticism looks pretty good. Average as a blitzer, mostly just runs straight, but does at least have a rip move to get off blocks.

Miami (2018): Playing OLB in 43 defense, ILB in nickel. Continues to struggle with blockers in the run game, didn’t talk about it much in the first game review, but he can be an absolute magnet to OG blocks at times. Bad angle on off tackle run, RB bounced it back inside and took off for a massive gain. I would say overall, Holcomb is pretty bad against the run. Missed tackle on QB scramble, QB just cut back on him and broke his arm tackle. Holcomb does continue to look good covering RBs and TEs in man coverage. Inside draw, Holcomb with two false steps outside and then had the RB run right through his arm tackle attempt for a long gain. Charged up on off tackle run, pancaked by LG, I don’t even think the LG was really in the hole or leading the play, Holcomb just ran into him instead. Made tackle on off tackle run for a stuff. Nice coverage on hback on arrow route, was primary read, QB went elsewhere. Inside draw, walled off by the RG. At this point, Holcomb is all but worthless against the run. He’s a finesse coverage off ball WLB. Walled off by LG on inside run, it’s a magnet, he’s attracted to the OGs and then gets absolutely superglued to them. Stiff armed by the QB on scramble for another missed tackle. Miami got up huge on this game because they kept getting turnovers and returning them for TDs. That meant lots of time of possession for the NC offense and lots of running clock by Miami when they had the ball. Tape was worth it though, without a doubt it confirms that Holcomb is an absolute liability against the run, not for lack of trying, just due to lack of instincts and ability to avoid and get off blocks.

NC State (2018): Playing OLB in a 43 defense. Off tackle run, helped bring down RB for minimal gain. Nice job charging up on off tackle run, ran through the hback and tackled the RB. Best run defense play he’s done, that forced a punt as well. Off tackle run, sealed off inside by the LT. Poor wrap up attempt on off tackle run, just threw a shoulder and the RB just bounced off of him. Solid wrap up tackle on inside draw for short gain. Zone coverage near slot WR, ball thrown too high and incomplete, Holcomb in position to make tackle. Appeared to drift out of position in his zone coverage on long 3rd down conversion. Missed tackle on outside sweep, RB cut back inside and broke his arm tackle attempt. Holcomb probably has to be considered a relatively poor tackler, it’s mostly due to poor angles and instincts, but he does a lot of arm tackle attempts that get broken. Off tackle run, walled off outside by RG. Inside draw, helped tackle RB for a loss. Zone drop, slot with a quick dig, Holcomb tackled immediately. Off tackle run, drive ten yards out of the play by the LG. Nice job seeing the TE try to sneak off on a corner route after blocking down near goal line, able to get back in coverage and force QB to go elsewhere. Off tackle run for 2 yard TD, Holcomb walled off by RG again. Inside draw for 40 yard TD, Holcomb driven and walled off by the LG. This LG Prescod has kicked his ass. Solid zone coverage on slot WR on inside slant. Solid job on 3rd and 2 play, charged into the hole on off tackle run, kind of stood up the RB and slowed him down even though he ran through the tackle attempt, teammates able to bring him down. Inside run, RB ran over Holcomb for the 5 yard TD. Two off tackle runs in a row, first he took a bad angle, second got buried by the RG. Press man on the slot WR, curl route, perfect coverage and able to swat ball away. For how bad Holcomb is against the run, he’s been very good as a coverage LB. RB actually dove over Holcomb’s tackle attempt in OT for the 2 yard TD and the win. Tape very consistent across every game.

TLDR:
        Overall, Holcomb is a borderline awful LB against the run, his instincts are off which leads him to take bad angles, that leads to lots of arm tackle attempts which get broken in record numbers. He’s a hit or miss tackler, doesn’t always wrap up, has a lot of arm tackles broken as well. Is a magnet to OGs and doesn’t get off their blocks. His saving grace is that he’s an excellent coverage LB on TEs, RBs, and even slot WRs. He has a strong jam and can completely shut down TEs. What you are getting is a finesse off the ball coverage LB, not necessarily a bad thing in today’s NFL, but this is not someone you want starting in your lineup, kind of a specialty guy, not even sure I would trust him on special teams, but in coverage, absolutely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

With the 215th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS kick off the 7th round and select:

QB JACOB DOLEGALA, CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE

Jacob Dolegala is not ranked on my Top 300 Big Board.

**Looks around, stares at his notes, throws his papers in the air. "Who the **** is this guy? I've never heard of him."
          I know. L O L.
          This guy.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/17/j...ate-s-francis/

Comment

• Well....it's sleeper season, go big or go home I guess!

Interesting read on that guy, will see if anyone takes a flier.

Comment

• With the 218th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the OAKLAND RAIDERS select:

RB DEXTER WILLIAMS, NOTRE DAME

Dexter Williams is #161 on my Top 300 Big Board

RB DEXTER WILLIAMS NOTRE DAME

Stanford (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Oh boy, didn’t start this game, finally came in about halfway through the first quarter and housed his first touch for a forty yard run up the middle. He was patient to the hole and then just exploded and man is he fast. Announcers said he was suspended for the first third of this season, something to check out. He’s a slashing type runner, really good at finding the hole and making sharp cuts at the line, tends to weave once he gets in space and really use his speed, finishes his runs strong as well. I like this. Nice job in pass pro picking up blitzer up A gap, got knocked on his butt, but bought the QB enough time to hit the TE for a TD. Not much of a pile mover, has been hit or miss on short yardage, but he’s a home run threat every time he touches it. His burst is probably the best of all the senior RBs. Continues to be very patient when approaching the line, gives his blockers time to get in place and you can tell he actively is looking for creases. Can create yardage on his own, good feet. Doesn’t seem to be trusted in pass pro, not in on two minute drill or obvious passing downs. Effort looks great, he runs hard. Well, that’s 2 for 2 on picking up blazer inside and getting absolutely steamrolled. Screen pass but was tackled immediately. Doesn’t break arm tackles, tends to get tripped up and goes down. The odd thing is that he drags people if they try and tackle him high. Initial comp would be Jamaal Charles. Lets see if that holds up.

Northwestern (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Stuffed early on inside runs, nowhere to go. Stuffed on swing pass, the NW defense is swarming. Short two yard TD plunge at goal line. Generally comes out of the game on passing downs. Continues to have nowhere to run on the inside handoffs, the NW DL is destroying the ND OL. Has been relatively effective in short yardage in this game. Whiffed on block in pass pro on blitzer up the middle, probably why he generally comes out on passing downs. I take back what I said earlier about being effective in short yardage, he’s struggled in that area in the second half. Finally bounced a run outside for a chunk gain, his speed is legit, needs to do that more often. Running inside against a wall of DTs has not worked, not his fault, he literally has had nowhere to go. ND OL was abused this game. Wanted to do a game where he was mostly shut down to see why, the answer is the Northwestern D-line. They played flawlessly. Flashed his elite speed on the only outside run he did the entire game, never had a crease to exploit inside. I’m not sure why he waited so long before bouncing a run outside, if he’s coached not to, or what. I feel like he should have been going around the edges the entire game. Continues to largely be a net negative in the passing game. Isn’t really used as a receiver very often and pass pro needs some work.

Clemson (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Off tackle run he cut back inside for ten yards, shows good cutting ability, can shove his foot in the direct and change directions fairly fluidly. Tackled and had ball stripped out from behind, almost looked like he had his knee bent a little awkwardly and just let go of the ball. Short wheel route into middle of field, able to slice and weave around the defense for decent gain. Definitely has some quickness and speed to him for a bigger guy. Toss sweep, shows some patience and has a second gear for when he wants to cut back or explode up field. Does not, or at least has not broken any tackles. If you can square him up, he tends to go down. Somewhat effective lead block on MLB on QB scramble, just kind of got in his way just long enough. Clemson getting good penetration and bottling him up at the line, not much he can do. Inside draw, able to slice toward the sideline and get up field for decent gain. Solid blitz pickup on OLB coming up A gap, got low and hit him right in his thighs to stop the rush. Off tackle run, consistently able to outrun the Clemson DL to the edge while slicing up field. Quite a few 10 yard gains on the same run. Draw up middle, able to slice away from the safety and get up field for decent gain. OLB on A gap blitz completely ran Williams over in pass pro for a sack. Williams went low but just kind of threw a shoulder, had no technique or balance, once that that shoulder hit the LB’s thigh, Williams just toppled right over backwards.

TLDR:
              Overall, he’s average at best in the pass game, probably more of a negative due to his poor pass blocking. Williams is a slashing type runner that sees a hole or angle and just slices straight for it at maximum speed. He runs a little high and upright, makes him pretty easy to tackle. Speed is good though and he has a second gear he can flip on when he gets in the clear. Kind of a one dimensional home run hitting RB, probably more Tevin Coleman than Jamaal Charles. Athletic testing numbers will really dictate where he goes. Seems like a committee back. (100% shocked at 4.57 speed, he looks like a borderline 4.40 guy on tape. This is a good RB that's going to play faster than he timed, still needs a ton of development in the passing game, just a two down speed guy right now).

Comment

• And balero finally took the guy we were going to draft at #178. Dexter Williams.

Comment

• Well, for what it's worth, Dexter is not really a Jaguars style RB, though we'll have to see which gets drafted higher out of Doss and Williams. I'm convinced Williams is a far more explosive RB on tape than how he timed. I think he's a pretty good steal at this point.

Comment

• With the 219th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,
                    the PITTSBURGH STEELERS select:

CB KEN WEBSTER, MISSISSIPPI

Ken Webster is #264 on my Top 300 Big Board

CB KEN WEBSTER MISSISSIPPI

LSU (2018): Playing RCB. Mix of press and zone coverage in the first half. Nice job fighting through the lead block of the FB on RB sweep to make the tackle and limit the chunk gain. Solid job peeling off his guy and making tackle on underneath WR on crossing route. Hit or miss in press man coverage, he’s consistently slow to react and flip his hips with the WR on the route, this generally allows the WR to get on top of him and then by him quickly off the snap. Also tends to whiff on his jam for the same reason, he’s just slow to react. He is extremely physical with the WR though, almost seems like he delays his jam until the WR is beside him so he can shove him out of bounds instead. But, the LSU WRs are having difficulty at times getting past him off the line. Can get beaten by double moves, WR had him beaten for a TD by faking inside slant and instead going fade, LSU ran the ball on the play though. Lined up over trips formation, bubble screen, charged right in and stuffed the WR with a strong wrap up tackle. Definitely getting a physical cover two or even safety type vibe watching him. Beaten clean again on that same double move from earlier, would have been a 10 yard TD, but QB threw elsewhere. Trying to determine if Webster is getting beat because he’s hyper-aggressive and goes on first move or if he just doesn’t have the ability to quickly react and change directions. Tape was up and down. Love the physicality, should be a stud on special teams if nothing else. Not sure he can actually cover any route that involves changing directions. Press man, Go route, he can do that even though he’s late to flip his hips and run. Dig route, not sure he can handle that. Double move, definitely can’t handle those. If that doesn’t change, he might have to move to safety, which I think he can do.

Auburn (2018); Playing RCB. Press man, WR Slayton had him beaten by two steps deep on a corner route, did have some safety help over the top so QB threw it away. Zone drop, corner route behind him for a chunk gain, able to run back and make tackle before goal line. Off man, dig route, again a little late to turn and run with WR, but Webster seems like he has good straight line speed and was able to make up ground. Still probably should have been a completion but QB led the WR too far. Press man, inside slant, picked by his own DB, WR wide open for big gain and QB missed the throw due to heavy pressure. Webster’s WR went in motion to having nobody to cover he came off the edge, absolutely blasted the RB on a sweep for a big loss. This really looks like a safety trying to play CB. The instincts in man coverage are not there, but he can hit, tackle, and is extremely physical. Same concept, off the edge, RB at wildcat on 3rd and 1, Webster got pancaked by the FB on the lead block, but on his back while on the ground was able to tackle the RB by grabbing his foot. Have to like that effort. Press man, Go route, I have no idea what Webster was doing but the WR released inside and went straight up the field, Webster decided not to jam and turned the opposite way to do a loop and start chasing after him. Needless to say, he was torched deep, ball a little underthrown and was able to make up some ground, but WR had the ball dropped into his lap in the end zone for a 50 yard TD and just dropped it. Webster did catch up at the last second and at least chopped down on his arm, so that probably helped in the drop. I’m doubling down on the idea that Webster doesn’t know how to play CB or cover in tight man situations. I am also fairly sure that Webster is really fast in a straight line. Off man, back pedal on snap, his back pedal looks bad, feet are too wide, nothing looks smooth. Not an NFL CB, at least not without drilling down extensively on fundamentals. My thoughts watching this is that Webster must be new to the position. (And that thought would be wrong, has been a CB since high school with a bazillion reps at the position. Did have a bad knee injury in 2016, maybe that has taken some agility away). I like Webster’s tool kit as a player, he’s an aggressive, physical DB that plays like a bully, but he’s not good in man coverage. A good DB coach can probably do some good work with him though. At worst, I see a stud special teams gunner. **That knee injury in 2016 was catastrophic, tore every ligament in his knee, wasn’t sure he’d be able to play again. I think that probably explains why he doesn’t change directions well**

Texas AM (2018): Playing RCB. Did not start this game, but was in on the second series. Off tackle run, big hit on RB for the tackle. Press man, nice tight coverage on corner fade in end zone, QB pulled it down and ran it in for the score instead. Webster only playing about half the snaps in the first quarter, seems to be a reserve. Press man, comeback route, 5 yard gain. Nice job charging up on RB sweep and making wrap up tackle. Still looks like a safety to me. He absolutely can’t cover change of direction, they showed a nice all-22 shot of the WR doing a dig route that Webster pursued, then the WR pivoted and went straight back outside to the sideline, Webster pretty much had to shuffle to stop and then turn before trying to chase after him. Not sure what the old version of Webster was like prior to the knee injury, but this new version is a straight line speed guy only. He’s faster than RB Williams, chased him down from behind on big run up the middle. Dropped him in deep zone, QB went for Go route up sideline, Webster ranged over just like a safety would and made the INT, also knocked his own DB out in the process. 100% positive his future is as a safety. He can’t really cover in man but he could play a solid centerfield. Clean up tackle on long QB scramble. Able to shove away the RT lead blocking on a sweep down the field and help to make the tackle. Came crashing into the hole on off tackle run, FB lit him up with a lead block, wasn’t able to recover enough to chase down the RB before he scored a 30 yard TD. Thought this was good tape if you were interested in Webster as a safety. Had the nice range play for the INT, had some big hits in the run game, showed that he’s not afraid to charge up in a hole and take on the FB. Showed ability to get off OL blocks. All reconfirming that he’s physical enough with good enough speed to play safety. Big issue is that he’s just a rotation piece at CB for Ole Miss, only played about half the snaps in the entire game.

TLDR:
                    Everything about him suggests he should be a monster on special teams coverage teams. If not for the medical situation with his total knee reconstruction, he’d be pretty high on my list of developmental sleepers. I think he’s undraftable as a CB prospect. I think he showed enough skill and potential on tape to be a 6th-7th round developmental safety prospect. However, with that big of a medical risk, he won’t be on my board as a draftable player (Tested phenomenally at the Combine, if that knee can hold together, could be a very nice player).

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                      Just boarded the ship a little earlier.

Royal Princess has a great lunch buffet!
                      I have yet to go on a cruise. Seems like people either hate them or love them. Definitely gotta try it at least once

Comment

• Sounds like PRBronco is going to get some huge points from Daniel Jones. A lot of people are now predicting 17 is his floor.

Comment

• And that does it for the Texans! Recap of our selections:
                          1. Andre Dillard, LT
                          2. Julian Love, CB
                          2b. David Edwards, RT
                          3. Devin Singletary, RB
                          5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
                          6. Phil Haynes, OG
                          7. Kaden Smith, TE

Went pretty heavy on the offensive side of the ball, mainly the offensive line. Julian Love being the only defensive player drafted. I thought I addressed the biggest weakness, being the offensive line, in hope to get Watson time to hit his weapons.
                          Had a good time this year, and I can't wait for the real draft!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickstixx View Post
                            And that does it for the Texans! Recap of our selections:
                            1. Andre Dillard, LT
                            2. Julian Love, CB
                            2b. David Edwards, RT
                            3. Devin Singletary, RB
                            5. Hunter Renfrow, WR
                            6. Phil Haynes, OG
                            7. Kaden Smith, TE

Went pretty heavy on the offensive side of the ball, mainly the offensive line. Julian Love being the only defensive player drafted. I thought I addressed the biggest weakness, being the offensive line, in hope to get Watson time to hit his weapons.
                            Had a good time this year, and I can't wait for the real draft!
                            Don't forget the UDFA round sir! We're not quite done!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JCMElway View Post

Don't forget the UDFA round sir! We're not quite done!!!
                              Oh yeah! Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

• Ok folks, I have my priority list in to Eddie Mac and Bowlen to get my pick in if and when Sodak picks. Night all!

Comment

Working...
                                X