No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Orange Mane Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really bullish on Yiadom. That dude is a hammer as a tackling CB, thought his BC tape was Rod Woodson-ish. I think Fangio is going to LOVE him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
      I'm really bullish on Yiadom. That dude is a hammer as a tackling CB, thought his BC tape was Rod Woodson-ish. I think Fangio is going to LOVE him.
      I think Yiadom will be good. Just pointing out that our 3rd round picks have been sketchy and at times over drafted.

Comment

I'm really bullish on Yiadom. That dude is a hammer as a tackling CB, thought his BC tape was Rod Woodson-ish. I think Fangio is going to LOVE him.
        I hope he is half as good

Comment

• Just to be prepared as we all rush to the podium if Big Cheeze misses his pick. This is how this could work.

11. We will have a pinch drafter for those who miss their picks to keep the integrity of the draft as it moves forward. The pinch drafter will draft for those who miss their picks: Immediately in rounds 1 and 2, after three picks go by in rounds 3, 4, and 5, and after six picks go by in rounds 6 and 7.

So that would mean that Bowlen, Eddie, Bronc0guy, me twice, and JCM all could potentially select before we pause for a moment to let the pinch drafter select for him. *If* he misses his selection at 5am EST.

Comment

• Washington took Terry Godwin, so Pittsburgh is OTC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Then how the **** do you explain the Broncos 3rd round picks every year....now that **** is random.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	3prvdbcgsf90k.gif
Views:	46
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2447248

Name:	G7FTYMVMXZC5ZBEB54JQOJE2PE.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	2447247

Comment

• where are JCM and eddie mac? they are supposed to make the pick for Bowlen

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

Name:	3prvdbcgsf90k.gif
Views:	46
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2447248

Name:	G7FTYMVMXZC5ZBEB54JQOJE2PE.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	2447247
                  Why the **** can we not "like" posts? This is amazing.

Comment

• Two picks made, Vikes messaged.

Comment

• With the 206th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the WASHINGTON REDSKINS select:

WR TERRY GODWIN, GEORGIA

Terry Godwin is #146 on my Top 300 Big Board

WR TERRY GODWIN GEORGIA

Alabama (2017): Playing mostly slot WR, some outside as well. Whiffed on his block on RB screen, DB ran up and hit RB for a loss on the play. Slot, off man, out route, 5 yard gain. Route was rounded and pretty lazy, but it seems like in off man coverage, most WRs aren’t trying to get the DB to take false steps, they just try and get straight to the open spot on the field. Makes some sense. Slot, off man, inside slant, 10 yard gain, nice reaching hands catch on that play. Excellent block on DB on off tackle run, that was good form and he held it for quite some time. Slot, off man, out route, QB went elsewhere. Thought his break on that route was perfect, sharp, ninety degrees, good separation. Another nice block on the DB on designed QB read option keeper. Slot, zone, intermediate slant, had a step for the TD, QB went elsewhere. Another good block on off tackle run. Very rarely do you see smaller slot WRs block this well. Inside seal block on the OLB on a RB sweep. Godwin is a blocking God. LWR, press man, jam, Go route, QB went elsewhere. On that play, the CB with a hard two handed jam, Godwin chopped the arms down, pushed the CB outside, and got a nice inside release. This is a good player, a physical player, does not play to his listed size. LWR, press man, comeback route, dropped an easy ball, looked like he was trying to turn and run too soon. LWR, zone coverage, out route, underthrown ball and Godwin couldn’t make diving catch on the sideline, he absolutely should have though, had it in both hands. That’s two drops in my book. Another nice block on the LB on off tackle run. LWR, press man, Go route, back shoulder throw, the timing was good between the turn and the pass, 20 yard completion to the goal line. Did a good job fighting through the jam on that play. LWR, press man, inside slant, 10 yard gain. Really nice reaching hands catch again. He has great hands when he has to pluck the ball out of the air out in front of him, it’s when it’s directly at his body that he’s had some drops. Pretty good tape, surprised by how dominant of a run blocker he is. Nothing athletic stood out, but did run some crisp routes at times.

Vanderbilt (2018): Playing outside WR. Going against CB Williams on the outside early in this game, getting the press man treatment, that’s a good CB with massive size, Godwin needs to beat him with quickness if he has any. LWR, press man, intermediate stop route, CB with perfect coverage and swatted ball away. LWR, press man, deep post route, Godwin torched Williams and the safety, nice over the shoulder catch in stride, able to break strip tackle attempt by CB and cut away from the safety for the score. 70 yard TD play. Alright, speed looked good there, or at least faster than Williams. The rest of the game the Vandy DBs started play off man or bailing on the snap, scared of Godwin deep. I feel like that is a little bit of an overreaction, but ok. Godwin mostly lining up outside, he is wide open almost every play now against this off coverage, but the QB is locked in on the other receiving targets. Godwin has to be like his fourth or fifth read on most plays, just a massively underused guy in this offense. Continues to be a physical blocking force against DBs. Key block down field on RB screen to spring him for the long TD. Godwin is getting drafted a full round higher because he is a dominating blocker. LWR, zone, intermediate crossing route, insane catch on the far sideline for 30 yards. That was nuts, he ran full speed across the field, almost instantly stopped to get two feet down just inside the line while actually catching the ball out of bounds. One of the better catches by any WR in this draft so far. I’m loving this dude. He does everything well. Williams was able to overpower him with physical coverage for the most part early, but once Godwin started just avoiding the jam instead of fighting it, things opened up. Once the defense shifted to off coverage and zone, he destroyed them even though he wasn’t targeted often. The quickness and balance are good, the speed looks pretty good, not elite, but good enough to roast one of the top CBs in this draft. The hands are excellent.

Alabama (2018): Playing mostly slot WR, some outside. Slot, off man, shallow cross, wide open for a huge play but QB didn’t see him and took the sack. Slot, off man, inside slant, 10 yard gain. Had him covered up by LB Jennings, that wasn’t even close, a nice tackle by the CB in space saved a big play. Slot, zone coverage, curl route, 10 yard gain on 3rd and 7, nice hands catch on that play. He catches the ball with his fingertips more than any other WR I’ve seen, might have extremely small hands. Solid block on LB coming down from slot on inside run, LB took umbrage to the block and a shoving match ensued. But that’s Godwin, taking on LBs with no issue. Excellent inside seal on safety on off tackle run to help spring RB for decent gain. Pound for pound arguably the best blocking WR in this entire draft. There’s a handful of good ones, a select few dominant ones, none close to this small. This is remarkable to me. Any team that needs a slot WR, especially a team that likes to run out of a three WR formation, should be looking hard at Godwin. Slot, zone, inside slant, ball batted down at line. Was going to be a decent play, was wide open. LWR, intermediate out route, off man, able to make a nice leaping catch on the sideline but the ball was too far out of bounds, nothing Godwin could do. Catch was fairly impressive though. Slot, off man, short crossing route, 5 yard gain on 4th and 2 to convert. Strong tape again, even though he’s limited in his usage.

TLDR:
                      Overall, this is the most physical slot WR in this draft and one of the most in recent memory, at least in a small package. Dynamite blocker, arguably the best of any WR in this draft including the big boys. Hands are excellent, plucks the ball out of the air as well as anybody. Runs crisp routes, fairly elusive, looks like the normal small slot WR in that regard. Doesn’t have blazing speed, but looks above average. Used outside a fair amount, and did fine, but his future is going to be using his quickness and route running in the slot. Excellent all-around WR. Not even worried about his size, he plays way bigger.

Comment

• With the 207th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the PITTSBURGH STEELERS select:

LB TY SUMMERS, TCU

Ty Summers is #174 on my Top 300 Big Board

LB TY SUMMERS TCU

Baylor (2017): Playing 43 SLB, staying on field in nickel. Going back to 2017, actually did the 2018 tapes first, but I wanted to see if he was used differently in the past, this was his best statistical game by far from his Junior season. Just curious to see if anything looked different. Nothing on the 2018 tapes was impressive. Stacked up the FB in the hole, teammates made tackle on RB. Athleticism looks much better, especially straight line speed. Still not fast, but this looks closer to average. They have him listed as ten lbs heavier than in 2018 as well, so something doesn’t add up there. Stacked up the pulling RT in the hole, shed him, and stuffed the run. That was from inside at nickel LB. Grabbed and hugged the RB on a slant route from the slot, continues to not look fluid in coverage regardless of year. Solid tackle on WR on short crossing route, he was ready for that, tackled him immediately. Took on the FB in the hole, stacked him up and threw him down, teammates stuffed RB for no gain. Already much better tape than the DE stuff in 2018. Off man coverage on RB in slot, deep seam route, just smoked Summers. Read, react, stuffed RB in the hole. Attacking the hole in this game, he didn’t do that against OSU in 2018 when he did play some LB. Coverage sack, QB had no idea what he was doing, just kind of meandered around until TCU put him down. Off man coverage on TE in the flat, solid open field wrap up tackle on the reception. I’m going to give him credit for decent zone coverage on crossing routes in front of him, his struggles are more with flowing with the WRs when they are behind him and clogging passing lanes. He also doesn’t flip his hips or change directions well, but when running forward and laterally in coverage, he’s solid unless his lack of speed hurts him. Missed tackle on RB in open field, squared him up fine, just kind of ran through his arms. Ran to his assigned zone on the snap, QB tried to throw an out route to that zone, Summers with a really nice hands catch for the pick at the sideline. Right place, right play call by the coach, but really nice execution by Summers. Did this exact same coverage drop off the snap to the other side of the field in the 4th quarter, and Summers almost had another leaping interception, just kind of went through his hands, but he deflected the ball at least. He looks absolutely draftable on this tape as a 43 SLB or 34 ILB. Coverage has been fine, did a good job attacking the hole in the running game, He just looked rock solid. And he played this entire game as a SLB and ILB in nickel. Far better than the 2018 usage and tape. This was his best game, so can’t overreact, but take away the coverage sack and INT, he still played a solid LB play in and play out.

Ohio State (2018): Playing LB in base nickel defense, playing RDE in 43 defense and some SLB. Not very fluid when dropping in coverage, initial impression is that he doesn’t have much awareness of WRs crossing behind him, doesn’t really impact passing lanes. OSU should have had a TD throwing behind his zone drop, he was late and not in position, QB rifled ball to WR who dropped it. Lined up at RDE on the second series, Blitz off edge from LB, picked up easily by RT. Does not have good speed or burst. Missed tackle on RB on inside run, RB just ran through him. Blitz off edge from 43 SAM, clean shot at QB, hard QB hit, forced incompletion. At nickel LB, off tackle run, solid swim to avoid RT at second level, got buried by pulling LG. Poor jam attempt on TE from SLB, TE just kind of slapped his hands down and ran right by him. Not really much of an attacking LB from nickel, kind of stays still and waits for the play to develop, will make the right read and tackle the RB, but it’s 5-6 yards down field. Coverage on LB in flat, missed tackle. Definitely has a lack of speed, wouldn’t surprise me to see him test in the 4.8-4.9 range. Not in the game on obvious passing downs and two minute drill. Only played about 50% of the snaps in this game, actually seemed to get sub’d out the closer the game remained early in the second half. Out of the snaps he played, split fairly evenly between DE and SLB. Thought he looked okay when blitzing, lack of speed and burst hurts from LB depth. Best football was probably as a 43 DE, he gives good effort and tries to beat the OT by getting the angle outside and powering through his shoulder. Has a little bit of the Patriots style jackknife versatility player. Mostly JAG though.

Texas (2018): Playing RDE in 43 defense, two point stance a fair amount of the time. Driven off ball by TE, able to fall off block inside and tackle RB for short gain. Pulling RG smashed him and walled him off from inside run. Able to beat the hback for the angle around the edge, hback able to recover and push him wide, still a minor QB pressure on the play. Beat the LT, gave him a shimmy inside, LT bit, Summers able to jump outside, get the angle, and power to the QB to deliver a hit from behind just after he threw the ball. Powered through the LT with a shoulder block, TE late to help out on edge, able to stuff RB on off tackle run. Read QB draw, worked his way laterally down the line, helped tackle QB for minimal gain. Dropped in zone, ended up being in great position, kind of was the convergence point of two WRs, QB had to pull it down and took the sack. Missed tackle on off tackle run, did a nice job slicing inside the LG but unable to make the tackle on the RB who juked him and bounced back outside. Effort rush to eventually get a hit on the QB, LT blocked him wide originally, QB just held the ball forever and Summers was able to pivot and come back to put a hit on him. Stacked up the LT, clogged hole, able to help stuff RB for no gain. TE able to get the angle and seal him inside on outside run, one of the few times he’s lost contain. So, no LB at all in this game unless you count the two point stance rushes off the edge at times. Continues to play about half the snaps. I feel good about his effort, definitely a try hard guy, gets the most out of what he’s got, but overall I still see him as a JAG. His best position is 34 SOLB, but not sure he’s really dynamic enough to get draft consideration. His versatility and the fact he doesn’t completely suck at various positions is probably his best trait. I think his lack of athleticism is going to kill him though. Would compare him to Harvey Langi or Brooks Ellis. Might be a solid add as an UDFA to fill out a roster, but unless he times far better than I expect, nothing suggests a draft pick.

TLDR:
                        Jumping back to conclude here after doing the 2017 tape. I’m going to list him as a traditional LB, not an edge player even though that is what he was used at in 2018. The 2017 tape at SAM and ILB was far superior and seemed to be a much better usage of his skills. Not sure if he balked up to play DE in 2018, seems reasonable, but he was much faster and more fluid as an athlete in 2017 when he was used solely at traditional LB. Thought his game was well-rounded, looked more than functional in coverage, and played a nice attacking style at the line, fearless to take on lead blockers and even able to shed them and make tackles. Absolutely draftable off the 2017 tape. If he tests well, should be an option on Day 3 (Tested very well).

Comment

• Eddie is giving me new reasons to hate the Patriots...

Comment

• With the 208th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS select:

CB KA'DAR HOLLMAN, TOLEDO

Ka'Dar Hollman is #80 on my Top 300 Big Board

CB KA’DAR HOLLMAN TOLEDO

Appalachian State (2017): Playing LCB. Toss sweep, able to pivot and chase down RB to push him out of bounds. Press man, not overly fluid in his transition to run with the WR, almost tripped on the turf and fell down. Press man, Go route, WR had several steps as Hollman slipped again, QB went elsewhere. RB sweep, Hollman couldn’t get off the WR’s block and got driven back ten yards, RB eventually stiff armed him into the dirt as he went out of bounds. Read option, played it well, made tackle on QB after 5 yard gain. When he doesn’t trip, he does a nice job with an aggressive jam in press man, these scrub WRs are not separating. Off tackle run, RB coming right at him, he pulled a Dee Ford and ran away from him letting him go by for a big gain. Solid wrap up tackle on RB on off tackle run for no gain. Doesn’t mind getting involved as long as the RB doesn’t have a full head of steam. With his twig-like build, a little bit understandable. Press bail, out route, 15 yard gain. App State up huge at this point, going to play softer coverage and run clock to get this thing over with. For most of this game, the WRs couldn’t even get off the line against Hollman physical press jam. Really intriguing tape, absolutely dominated these scrubs like an adult playing basketball against a 10 year old. Very interested to see him 2018 against legit talent. This was my easy look-see cut up tape, now two full games.

Miami (2018): Playing LCB. Also a gunner on the punt coverage team. Press man on 235lb WR Langham, pretty much just powered through the jam but Hollman with hip pocket coverage on dig route. Press man, Go route, Hollman in perfect inside position to make a play on the ball, WR tackled him, no flag. Announcers saying WR Thomas is a speedster, Hollman ran with him easily. Press man, inside slant, WR just really physical with him at break point and able to body up for a 10 yard gain. Hollman is rail thin, so this is going to be an issue with him. Press man, WR tried a dig route with outside deke, Hollman all over it. Quick WR screen, Hollman able to push him out after 5 yard gain. Solid job falling off the block by the TE to jump on the RB’s back and eventually drag him down after going for a little ride. Press man, inside slant, WR can’t get off his jam. Press man, Go route, great inside pocket coverage, ball badly underthrown, incomplete. Zone, out route, came up and pushed WR out after 10 yard gain. Press man, corner fade, hip pocket coverage, QB went elsewhere. Hollman’s jam and elite man coverage skills are shutting down the Miami WRs that go against him. Walled off and drive out of the play on QB scramble by WR. Miami just ran clock late in this blow out win. Hollman did not really lose a rep, had the one slant play he got bodied out on but that was it. Had elite coverage down the field at all times. Really hope Tyree challenges him more in the next game than Rosier did.

Buffalo (2018): Playing LCB. Off man, post route, tight coverage, Jackson pulled it down and went elsewhere, looked to be primary read. Press man, comeback route, WR able to get physical and push off a little at break point, 15 yard gain. Press man, Go route, back shoulder throw, Holliman in perfect position and able to swat it away. I’m getting excited about this guy, he looks like one of the best coverage CBs in the draft. Not sure about his size, he’s small, but this looks a lot like Parry Nickerson from last draft. Press man against WR Johnson, Johnson leaned into him as if he was running a corner route than suddenly broke into a post, Tyree able to hit him for a 30 yard TD. Nice route by Johnson got some separation with that physical lean, Hollman almost recovered to swat the ball away. Press man, Go route, back shoulder throw, really tight coverage by Hollman, pinched him into the sideline, pass thrown wide and out of bounds. Nice coverage. Press man, inside slant, tight coverage, ball swatted at the line. Zone, deep post, able to run with the WR in his hip pocket, awesome coverage, awesome throw too, but WR couldn’t make diving catch in end zone. Peeled off his guy to make tackle on slot WR on out route for 10 yard gain. Deep corner route, Hollman in hip pocket again, pass incomplete. Press man, Go route, absolutely flawless coverage on Johnson, pinched him out of bounds completely to force the incompletion. Off man, stop route, Hollman charged up and stripped the ball out on the tackle, it rolled out of bounds though. WR juked him in the open field on a long TD YAC play, not Hollman’s man, but had a chance to square him up and not even close. Generally Hollman is not somebody you want to rely on tackling anyone in the open field. Press bail, out route, 5 yard gain. 4th and 2 play, press man, inside slant, Hollman cut the WR off on the route, stepped in front and swatted the ball away.

TLDR:
                            This guy is so good, it’s ridiculous. The only question is size, the athleticism and speed is there (Both are there). He is an absolute clone of Maddox and Nickerson, they went in the 4th and 6th rounds last year. Hollman is a very physical press man CB, he’s extremely quick and fast, almost impossible to beat unless a big WR bodies him up. Might have to move to the slot depending on measurements, but dude is an absolute blanket in coverage, one of the best in the draft.

Comment

• Hollman was my second highest remaining guy, he was going to get selected in two more picks. Kind of sucks, but oh well.

Comment

Hollman was my second highest remaining guy, he was going to get selected in two more picks. Kind of sucks, but oh well.
                                Then know that I would hate you both equally.

I really like Hollman. Think he is going to do really well in the NFL. Don't think size is a question for him though. He's 6-0 190. And damn his pro day was good. 4.37 40, 39 inch vert.

Between Stidham and Hollman...this us agreeing thing is creeping me out a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X