This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Since when did “suggestions/guidelines” become rules?
    Either you are trolling me or you're a ****ing idiot. Which one?

Comment

• Daylon Mack is meeting with the Broncos on Wednesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Either you are trolling me or you're a ****ing idiot. Which one?
        Stop being a tool. “Suggestions/guidelines” =/= hard set rules. Feel free to get JCM to modify the wording if you guys want those “suggestions” to be treated as anything other than optional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
          Daylon Mack is meeting with the Broncos on Wednesday
          Seems like a good fit for Fangio’s scheme.

Comment

• lolz, love the mane and our om draft. just dont pick my guy please!!

Comment

• FTR, I tried messaging Med after I picked in the 3rd but his inbox is full. I posted on here to see if anyone could get in contact with him to tell him that but I don’t know if that happened.

i think we can all agree if anything it’s proper etiquette to let the next person know if they are up to speed this along. I use my personal email to keep track of messages on here to see if I’m up.

Today is a bad day to be on the clock, but I have some free time so I’ll make my pick now.

Comment

• Gant wasnt my guy, great pick

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos23 View Post
                  FTR, I tried messaging Med after I picked in the 3rd but his inbox is full. I posted on here to see if anyone could get in contact with him to tell him that but I don’t know if that happened.

i think we can all agree if anything it’s proper etiquette to let the next person know if they are up to speed this along. I use my personal email to keep track of messages on here to see if I’m up.

Today is a bad day to be on the clock, but I have some free time so I’ll make my pick now.
                  Aww we just playing, don't sweat it!

Comment

• Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                    Gant wasnt my guy, great pick
                    You’re right, Gant is probably unranked on MUGs board

Comment

• I'm not going to call a lot of these hard and fast rules. Am I going to check and see if every drafter is messaging the player afterwards? No, it's an unenforceable rule. However, it's a common courtesy that will help keep the draft going and will cost you LITERALLY under 30 seconds.

Honestly, not a lot to ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBronco View Post

Aww we just playing, don't sweat it!
                        OM mock draft is serious business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Stop being a tool. “Suggestions/guidelines” =/= hard set rules. Feel free to get JCM to modify the wording if you guys want those “suggestions” to be treated as anything other than optional.
                          So, you're an idiot.

The people putting a ton of time into running this game ask you to "please" do something, and your response is, "Eh, **** it, not doing it, it's optional, I'm sure they just put that as it's own rule and asked us to do it for no reason".

How's this, people that can't be bothered to PM the following team to pick. Quit the god damn game right now. Get the **** out. Nobody wants stupid pieces of **** here anyway. There's plenty of co-owners that can take over teams. That's for anyone that can't be bothered to put in in 1/10th of the time some of us are for this event. The. ****. Out.

Comment

• I’m guessing Gant will get dropped due to his terrible combine. He’s a menace in run defense watching tape (100+ tackles his SO. Year). He doesn’t miss any if some tackles when safety blitzing. His instincts are decent, reads plays well. Negatives are that his ball skills aren’t great (2 picks in 13 games...both were tipped and any of us could have had them).

curious where MUG has him.

Comment

• With the 159th overall selection in the 2019 Orange Mane NFL Mock Draft,

the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS select:

S MALIK GANT, MARSHALL

Malik Gant is #182 on my Top 300 Big Board

S MALIK GANT MARSHALL

NC State (2018): Playing mostly cover two, some man coverage in the slot, lined up at times in the box to help against the run. Big hit coming up on WR on crossing route, smashed him from behind in his back and made him fall on his head, head to go in for concussion testing. Back at cover two, WR on seam route from the slot, went up to catch the ball and Gant came over and hit him in his lower back just like the other WR, and now this one is hurt too. This hit was more like a kidney shot though. Solid job charging into the hole and taking on a very big RB and getting him to the ground for short gain. He went right into his legs. My God, he’s killing them all. WR on a crossing route went up for the ball, Gant came from the opposite side and hit this WR in the side and flipped him on his head. This is all in the first quarter and half of this game, he’s KO’d three WRs. Or two, this last one was the kidney shot from earlier. This Emezie guy is going to have nightmares of Gant for life. Charged into RB in the hole full speed and stopped him for no gain. Gant is fearless, I’ll give him that. Gallaspy is like 250lbs of muscle, I’ve done LBs that ran away rather than attempt to tackle him. Off man coverage on slot WR, curl route, Gant able to arrive just as ball does and knock it away. Off man coverage on slot WR, tight coverage on quick out route, able to hit the ball but WR still held on for short gain. I thought that looked pretty good though. Was about to light up a WR on a seam route but saw at the last second the CB was able to knock the ball away and pulled up. That was going to be another kidney shot. Walked up to LB depth, able to trip up RB on inside run to limit gain. Struggled at times when up in the box with the OGs getting on him and just engulfing him, could stand to learn some counters to get off blocks. Other than that, he’s mostly used as a hammer back in deep coverage, and he is absolutely a hammer, or he was in this game. This was the hardest hitting safety I’ve done so far, and he didn’t care if you were a big RB or a small WR, he was coming for blood. The interesting aspect to him is that he flashed at times in man coverage. I’m curious to see how well-rounded he is.

Old Dominion (2018): Playing mostly cover two, but up in the box as an OLB at times, some man coverage in the slot. Swing pass to RB in flat, Gant comes shot out of a cannon from the far safety position and absolutely smashes into the RB to tackle him for no gain. Cover two, Go route up the sideline, quick low-trajectory pass so Gant would have time to get over, still made it just as the WR was coming down with the ball, gave him a pretty good shot in the back and the ball came out, but was ruled down first. Comes flying up in the run game from deep safety, but the OL are getting on him at times and really shoving him around. Lined up effectively at OLB, read off tackle run, charged in and stuffed the RB for a big loss. Able to snag a tipped ball for an INT. Man, he really comes in like a lightning bolt to make some of these tackles, think we’re officially in hardest hitting safety in the draft territory. Haven’t done them all yet, but I’m over half and Gant is easily the biggest hammer so far. I mean, it’s almost every freaking time someone gets the ball anywhere near him, you catch the ball on his side, you’re getting absolutely hammered. They know it too, the RBs and WRs are trying to get down before he gets there. Gant has good speed, pretty average size, but he’s just fearless and apparently enjoys high speed collisions. Even his wrap up tackles in the middle of the field are pretty violent. Playaction might be his weakness though, as soon as he thinks it’s a run, he’s charging forward at full speed. I think he can probably be manipulated, but he can also learn to be a little more in control, so not really something I’m going to worry about. I’m a fan of this guy. I love players that will run through brick walls. Two Go route throws early in the 4th quarter where he’s back in Cover two, easily has the range to get to the sideline, both times he was in position to blast the WRs if they went for the ball, both times the WRs saw him and decided not to even try for the ball. No joke, they fear him. They probably watched him kill the NC State receiving corps. Swing pass to WR in flat, Gant comes flying up from cover two, WR tries to spin away from him, Gant wraps him up and takes him down. This is what I like. He doesn’t miss tackles, and he doesn’t always go for kill shots. Another example of that late in the 4th, Go route up sideline, Gant in cover two, he was about to put the WR in the hospital on a medicine ball but he saw the WR couldn’t catch it and pulled up. This is a safety that destroys people with some self-control and intelligence. TD saving tackle on RB on off tackle run late, just came up and cleaned him up in the open field. Last play of game, press man on slot WR, quick out route, Gant with tight coverage and shoved the WR out of bounds in the air when he caught the ball to avoid the score. This was some great tape. He put it all on display. Love the intelligence to pull up at many points in this game to avoid flags and hurting people for no reason, but then at other points, he puts the hammer down. The kicker with all of that is he’s obviously a very good strong safety, but he also flashes good man and zone coverage skills. I haven’t heard a word about this guy anywhere, but he might be the sleeper of this draft. Just has to test well now, but it looks like he has good athleticism.

Virginia Tech (2018): Playing cover two. Absolutely jacked up by the FB on the first defensive play, he got under his chin and dropped him, Gant’s head snapped back like he was hit by Mike Tyson. Probably legitimately concussed the rest of the game. Cover two, intermediate out route, right there in position behind WR but not able to make play on ball. Off tackle run, Gant up from cover two safety, had some hand slapping and he kicked the RB in the knee as well in the tackle process. I’m not sure what that was. Solid tackle on RB on inside draw from safety depth, reads it fast and charges up. Still remain worried he’s just reacting to first movement and can get fooled by misdirection. Charged up from cover two, tackled RB in the hole for short gain. Has played a ton of different zone drops in this game, it’s just one of those games where the ball is always going where he is not. Blitz up the A gap, side stepped the RB, appeared to have a sack lined up on the QB, but pulled up for some reason, I think he thought he had thrown the ball. Big hit on WR on crossing route, killed his own CB as well, hit both right in the stomach and knocked air out of them. Nice job flying up on outside sweep, good angle and wrap up tackle on the RB. Came up on RB on off tackle run, squared him up, stopped him cold, tried to wrap up his legs, but Gant knocked him back enough on the head up hit that he was too far back to wrap up, so the RB just kind of bounced backwards, reset and ran down the field for a 30 yard TD untouched. Played hard the entire game even though they were getting blown out.

TLDR:
                              I really like Gant. Like his effort, how hard he hits, his heads up play, and his athleticism. If he tests well, he’s going to be pretty high on my board. I think he’s a big time sleeper. I just want to see exactly how much athletic potential he has in terms of range and coverage drops (Did not test well at all, very disappointed, still love his tape as an enforcer type safety).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                                How's this, people that can't be bothered to PM the following team to pick. Quit the god damn game right now. Get the **** out. Nobody wants stupid pieces of **** here anyway. There's plenty of co-owners that can take over teams. That's for anyone that can't be bothered to put in in 1/10th of the time some of us are for this event. The. ****. Out.
                                This seems a bit... unnecessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X