No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Orange Mane Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick is in. You guys really set the table for me to take a QB. I was kind of expecting to wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to grab a guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
      Pick is in. You guys really set the table for me to take a QB. I was kind of expecting to wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to grab a guy.
      Whoa! Didn't expect that choice.

Comment

• Socal I love DK so much, he is going to be very interesting to watch at the NFL Level with a good passer such as Jimmy G.

Haskins is a very good thrower. He has limitations to be sure, but I do trust him to be a consistent QB unlike Lock who is a risker play for sure but has all the tools to be a much better player.

Comment

• I, for one, would HATE the Haskins pick. I'd rather try to take a QB in the early second.

Comment

• The board didn't fall real kindly for Denver. I think in this scenario they likely trade down into the teens

Comment

• Originally posted by phibacka31 View Post
              I, for one, would HATE the Haskins pick. I'd rather try to take a QB in the early second.
              I have been going back and forth on what I Denver to do at 10. One of the off ball backers? Best DT that drops? QB? I just dont know. I do know that I like that QB from the place Im not allowed to say right now (hint SEC)

Comment

• Also I am super proud of yall for picking and not waiting til 1 hour ago to start picking, this has made my weekend much more enjoyaable and now were waiting on MUG which is hilarious

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
                  The board didn't fall real kindly for Denver.
                  I have no idea why you think so. Broncos need a QB more than anything, and the non-midget QB's fell to them.

Comment

Some really good picks so far. MUG has a lot of catching up to do
                    Yeah, the early start was not something I was prepared for. I mapped out a schedule months ago (fell a few days behind, life) for this up until today (3/19, 8am). Once JCM posted the start date and time, I made some adjustments to allow for more free time (mistake). I incorrectly assumed that I really had until 3/20, due to picking 11th, to have at least my Top 100 locked in and the Bengals researched thoroughly. I assumed with the 12 hours grace period, 3/20 would be the earliest I could be on the clock and forced to select. You guys started way early and goofed that all up. Problem is that I can't go any faster than I'm going.

I'm still working through my very last position group (WRs), still have some potential mid round WRs I have yet to do, scheduled for today and tomorrow, before I can finalize my Top 100 and maybe even impact my Top 32 if I fall in love. I was hoping I'd actually be able to get through tomorrow before this thing really started moving, but that's not going to happen.

Anyway, the tape analysis is done for all the selections so far, and hopefully for anyone that gets selected in the next couple weeks, but I haven't stacked my Top 100 yet, so I didn't want to start posting analysis until I could concurrently post my ranking, since that's what everyone enjoys seeing and arguing about anyway. And while I seriously doubt any of the WRs I still have yet to do crack my Top 100, let alone my Top 32, but they always could if I fall in love with the tape. So, by the end of tomorrow, I'll feel pretty confident I've gotten to all the potential Day 1 or Day 2 selections for sure, and hopefully any prospect that goes before Round 5. There's just a lot of mid-tier WRs to slog through, and I can do about six per day.

So, will post all the tape stuff and rankings in another couple days once I get my board stacked. I'll stagger it out a bit so we can have discussion on the prospects. Looking forward to finally being able to discuss some of these guys.

I am very pleased with how the draft has unfolded though for the Bengals, outside of Devin White being gone, this is probably a best case scenario. My problem is that my #1 player in this draft is still on the board, and it's not really at a position of need for the Bengals. The problem is that the three players I think the Bengals might actually take in real life at #11 are also still all on the board. So, do I go for accuracy or take my favorite player? Probably going to just take my favorite player since every time I try and take someone I expect the Bengals will, I'm wrong.

As for the draft so far, I don't have either of the two QBs taken so far in the first round. If I was doing a mock draft I would, but I didn't like neither of them enough on tape to put that high. Haskins was borderline for me until I did the OSU WRs and really dug into their tape, on top of the games I actually did for Haskins that I wasn't thrilled with in his original evaluation, I now did Michigan State and Maryland as well, and Haskins was awful. If/when the WRs go, there's a lot of complaining about Haskins and particular plays/throws in those evaluations. I still like him more than some of the "top" QBs, but he's down the list a bit for me.

Anyway, will go do the write up for my top player in this draft, and then back to middling WR tape.

Comment

• Your the man MUG, cannot believe the effort and relentless tape digging you do. I seriously dig it man! Cannot wait to see who your top guy may be

Comment

• I love Sweat. I'm we didn't wait to see if he dropped to 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I have no idea why you think so. Broncos need a QB more than anything, and the non-midget QB's fell to them.
                          I want White or Oliver here. I can't name any other names yet because they haven't been selected. But I think Denver can get them a few spots lower. I'm not mad at the Haskins pick. I like it better than the other QB still on the board

Comment

I want White or Oliver here. I can't name any other names yet because they haven't been selected. But I think Denver can get them a few spots lower. I'm not mad at the Haskins pick. I like it better than the other QB still on the board
                            I prefer the other remaining QB over Haskins and Murray.

Comment

• Of players picked, i'd want Haskins, White or Oliver. Cant name anyone else, but if the board fell like this in a month for Denver, i'd be elated if they went Haskins. I'm nervous even if it did, Elway still wont go QB. That press conference with Flacco made it seem hes not a bandaid.

Comment

• Bush still on the board and Haskins is the pick? I'm set on the belief the plan is to get one of the Devin's in the first.

Comment

Working...
                                X