Fear the Walking Dead Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brewer View Post
    Except that none if those characters are normal people. If that's normal then I'd hate to see what stupid is. And the wife is an idiot in denial of her son's problem. She's his biggest enabler. Knows her son's dealer and where he lives? Come on, that's not real. Terribly disappointed with this show. Yeah, it's about the zombocolypse, so none of it is real, I get that, but that family is so far from reality that the walkers are more believable.
    How is she in denial? She knows their is an apocalypse coming she goes to the school to ween him off the drugs while they go to the desert.

I think the family is very real.

Comment

Fun episode last week now that they know the government is lying to them.

I smell riots and Zombies coming!

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
        Fun episode last week now that they know the government is lying to them.

I smell riots and Zombies coming!
        it was better. still annoyed by most of the cast though. and anyone who was surprised that they made the army into "the bad guys" just 10 days into the outbreak just hasn't been watching what's been coming out of hollyweird for the past 30 years. in the real world? no way US soldiers become murderers of US citizens on a mass scale inside of 10 days. it might make for compelling drama, but these TV shows are shown around the world and lots of people in other countries now believe that the US military is little different than the death squads in El Salvador in the 80's or the nazis from WWII based on what they see on american TV. it's of course untrue, but in this era of moral relativism trumping reality, it's important for the cultural marxists to undermine any moral authority the US has had around the world since WWII. they know what they are doing. it pisses me off... not gonna lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gort View Post
          it's important for the cultural marxists to undermine any moral authority the US has had around the world since WWII. they know what they are doing.
          So, then, you're seriously suggesting here that Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson are intentionally attempting to "undermine any moral authority the US has had around the world"?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
            So, then, you're seriously suggesting here that Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson are intentionally attempting to "undermine any moral authority the US has had around the world"?
            when one constantly portrays the US military as bad on film and on the TV...

then, yes... they are doing the work of the cultural marxists whether they know it or not.

it was pretty clear in the last episode that the soldiers are NOT the good guys on this show. i'm just tired of them almost always being portrayed in a negative light by hollyweird.
            Last edited by Gort; 09-23-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gort View Post
              when one constantly portrays the US military as bad on film and on the TV...

then, yes... they are doing the work of the cultural marxists whether they know it or not.

it was pretty clear in the last episode that the soldiers are NOT the good guys on this show. i'm just tired of them almost always being portrayed in a negative light by hollyweird.
              You mean the way Republicans and Fox News portrayed the Jade Helm Military exercises in Texas? Or does real life not count only Hollywood?

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                You mean the way Republicans and Fox News portrayed the Jade Helm Military exercises in Texas? Or does real life not count only Hollywood?
                what republicans? some nutcase conspiracy blogger on the internet doesn't equate to all republicans.

i haven't watched Fox News (or any cable TV for that matter) in about 15 years, so i have no clue about their so-called "portrayal" of Jade Helm.

the comments i made above about how predictable and disappointing it was to see - yet again - that the US military is being made out to be the bad guys in this show, stands on its own. i think anyone paying attention in the past 30 years will have seen this tired cliche over and over and over and over again on film and on TV.

if you honestly think that 10 days into a "zombie apocalypse" that US soldiers will blindly go along with orders to kill US civilians on a mass scale (as shown in the scene where the lady leaves the quarantine zone) is not only plausible, but likely... then we're at an impasse. i find it ridiculous on its face. part of the audiences' responsibility when watching a show like this is to adopt "a willing suspension of disbelief". however, the minute i see troops walking around shooting people simply for being outside of the quarantine zone, that willing suspension ends for me. it's just preposterous without some sort of reasonable justification in the storyline.

Comment

Working...
                X