OT-CBC in April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-CBC in April

Just found out I get to be part of the team representing the company I work for at the Craft Brewer's Conference in Denver this April. It's been so long since I've been to Denver, I'm really excited! Hopefully I can take a tour of SAF @ Mile High and see our 3 Lombardis.

You would be disappointed, The Lombardi's are located at corporate headquarter in Dove Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
      You would be disappointed, The Lombardi's are located at corporate headquarter in Dove Valley.
      ! He won't know. He will be drunk from all the craft brew tastings.

Comment

Good call, I was trying to keep it somewhat on topic and I failed. Thanks for keeping me in line.

Comment

Originally posted by JLesSPE View Post
          Just found out I get to be part of the team representing the company I work for at the Craft Brewer's Conference in Denver this April. It's been so long since I've been to Denver, I'm really excited! Hopefully I can take a tour of SAF @ Mile High and see our 3 Lombardis.
          I was just preparing to grill you about where you got 3 Lombardis from, and then realized you're a better fan than me.

Comment

Good call, I was trying to keep it somewhat on topic and I failed. Thanks for keeping me in line.
            Its off season mode now, no worries.

Comment

Its off season mode now, no worries.
              Yeah I know, at least I tagged it OT right? Feel free to move/delete, no worries

Comment

Yup, guarded by sharks with laser beams

Comment

You don't want to go to [email protected] anyhow, they would make you sit down and not be excited about the trophies.

Comment

So how does one go about getting a job in the craft brewing industry?

Comment

Last time I saw them was at the Bronco Store at Mile High during the AFCCG against Pittsburg.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
                        So how does one go about getting a job in the craft brewing industry?
                        It's a big industry, what part do you want to get in on? I work in manufacturing, we design and build custom cellar and brewhouse equipment.

If you want to get into brewing I think there are people on this board with a lot more expertise than I have. Brewer and BFDD, for example.

Then there's always sales, marketing, distribution, farming (hops, barley...etc), biology (yeast strains), packaging, maintenance... kind of a long list.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                          You don't want to go to [email protected] anyhow, they would make you sit down and not be excited about the trophies.
                          I've seen a lot of comments like this lately. I haven't been to a home game in years, is it really that bad now? I'm a very loud, never sit down kinda fan and SAF sounds like you're watching a football game in church.

Comment

I've seen a lot of comments like this lately. I haven't been to a home game in years, is it really that bad now? I'm a very loud, never sit down kinda fan and SAF sounds like you're watching a football game in church.
                            I was mocking really, I personally have never had this experience but there have been reports that the majority of the stadium is like that. I can't confirm it, but I personally think it's bull****.

Comment

It's a big industry, what part do you want to get in on? I work in manufacturing, we design and build custom cellar and brewhouse equipment.

If you want to get into brewing I think there are people on this board with a lot more expertise than I have. Brewer and BFDD, for example.

Then there's always sales, marketing, distribution, farming (hops, barley...etc), biology (yeast strains), packaging, maintenance... kind of a long list.
                              there's a lot of ways I could go. I'm a mechanical engineer so I could definitely get into designing brewhouse equipment, but I'm also a homebrewer working on upping my game.

my general plan right now is to keep on doing what i'm doing until my kids are out of the house (10-12 years from now), at which point I want to get into brewing full-time - or at least the brewing industry. I want the end of my professional career to be something more fun than what I'm doing now.

Comment

Working...
                              X