Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Thinking of moving, Denver is one city I'm considering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like owning a gun, smoking dope and the Broncos, then why wouldn't you move to Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
      Umm, alright.

Anyway, if you want to move to the pacific northwest, you better like grey skies and rain.
      Hahaha, I suppose that's what they said in Chile. People never believe the science.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
        It's really easy to combat, just buy a humidifier for when you sleep. Does wonders.
        Well, not quite that simple. You can't take a humidifier everywhere you go! You've clearly never had to make the adjustment. Not a big deal, and I don't want to derail a thread on such a minor point, but it would be noticable to someone who grew up and lived their whole life in a more humid climate. On the positive side, Denver hot and Denver cold are both more comfortable than the same temperatures out here.

Comment

I didn't know how passionate posters are about their city.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
            It is when it's so dry your nose starts to bleed.
            Does that actually happen to people? I personally have never had that issue. Maybe at times I could go for some Chapstick, but that's about it...

Comment

Haha, love the responses! Thanks all for replying and sorry Taco if I placed this in the main Broncos forum.

I just became single (broke up with a girl who decided to move from NYC back to her native Florida).

I can stand traffic be it I live in NJ and main reason I want to move is just want a change of scenery.

I work in web (do HTML, video editing). I haven't looked for a job in several years (been at the same gig for five years now).

I can tolerate the rain of Seattle if I decided that would be my option.

I like the outdoors and just picked up hiking as an activity I like to do.

I can tolerate the cold and even the rain, so that wouldn't be a factor and the winds (especially Chicago).

BTW Tombstone, I'm originally from Alabama. So the jokes can continue haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                I grew up in Aurora (Aurora Central High School...fun) and now live in Highlands Ranch. Talk about easy mode, I'm white and I can't get used to all the white people still.
                Last year I went into the Whole Foods on University and Arapaho and only saw 1 minority the entire time I was there, and they were mopping the floor.

Weird...

Comment

Zona, what you posted kind of scares me about Seattle and potential for a mega earthquake.

Comment

No Vacancy

Comment

I just saw someone post this on Denver

http://thedeliciousday.com/traveling...united-states/

Comment

Denver is great, but I'd avoid the suburbs. Seriously, who aims to move to the Suburbs? Denver proper is a great friggin' town with awesome food, drink, and nightlife. And I'm not sure you're going to meet a proper girl out in the burbs. JMO.

Seattle is a great city, one of my favorite places to visit, and I'd like to move there someday. The weather isn't for everyone though.

Chicago, I have no use for. Just not my kind of place. WAY too cold in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
                          Denver is great, but I'd avoid the suburbs. Seriously, who aims to move to the Suburbs? Denver proper is a great friggin' town with awesome food, drink, and nightlife. And I'm not sure you're going to meet a proper girl out in the burbs. JMO.

Seattle is a great city, one of my favorite places to visit, and I'd like to move there someday. The weather isn't for everyone though.

Chicago, I have no use for. Just not my kind of place. WAY too cold in the winter.
                          Yeah I agree. It would be easier to find a girl in the city then move to the burbs to raise a family albeit I wouldn't mind raising a kid in the city!

Yeah, I can tolerate the rain albeit they had a massive drought this summer.

Its a toss up between the three cities.

Comment

Denver is a great place to live and you can go to home games but and this is the truth San diego is a palce to settle in because of the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post
                              I just saw someone post this on Denver

http://thedeliciousday.com/traveling...united-states/
                              I think Deborah Watts in the comment section is our very own Chef Luigi.

Comment

at colorado having serious gang issues!!!

The gangsters here do not even know what gangsters are. I have lived here my entire life and ive run into more trouble with military peeps who just got home and want to fight then i have gangsters. I suppose you could take the 1 incident with darrent williams and assume things are exponentially worse but, well, thats just dumb.

Seattle sucks- pretty place. But that rain and cold drizzle blows ass man. I also find the women there are a bit off. I could never live in seattle. Great city, lots to do, but the damn rain is terrible. Lucky for you OP you seem to be able to deal with it.

I can tell you one thing about me. I love colorado and am never moving away from this sexy MFr of a state! There is only two things it does not have that I love. The smell of the ocean and a beach. But that makes it all the easier to come up with excuses to go to the caribbean and hawaii.

Comment

Working...
                                X