8.10 Eric Decker, Den

9.1 Le'Veon Bell, Pit

10.10 Steve Johnson, Buf

11.1 Ronnie Hillman, Den

12.10 Owen Daniels, Hou

13.1 Jermichael Finley, GB

14.10 Joe Flacco, Bal

15.1 Green Bay Packers, GB
    and yes I did get the #1 spot in my first draft. Although I am not sure I like #1. A lot of great players went off the board before I was able to draft again.

I am nervous about Cam because he is so streaky. Other than that i feel I have a great running game and good depth.

I realized after the draft if I would have just waited I could have drafted Matt Ryan in the 7th.

10 or 12 man league? Flex? 2-3 starting wrs?

Thats a very risky team. Ivory, Amendola, Bradshaw, and Finley and injury prone players. Ask any fantasy football expert and they will tell you the games about minimizing risk. Ive played competitively for many years now and this bit of advice is the single most important aspect for any serious player.

Mojo is a great pick in the 3rd imo and landing him there makes him the best potential value pick of your draft. Cam is a very good pick in the 5th, but even if hes top 5 this season, its only a very good pick as opposed to a home run. Bell is the 9th is good value for a starting rb no matter how you slice it. Great pick there.

Your team has potential, especially if Amendola can put up top 10 numbers, which is entirely possible. The problem is you have a good chance of having having a bunch of talented players on your bench for weeks at a time, or worse having to let players go because of serious injuries. I would without question drop Finely or Daniels (Id drop Finely), and add another rb or wr, regardless of the structure of your league. Flacco is taking up a potential rb/wr as well, and I dont think hes worth it especially with Pita gone.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
      10 or 12 man league? Flex? 2-3 starting wrs?

Thats a very risky team. Ivory, Amendola, Bradshaw, and Finley and injury prone players. Ask any fantasy football expert and they will tell you the games about minimizing risk. Ive played competitively for many years now and this bit of advice is the single most important aspect for any serious player.

Mojo is a great pick in the 3rd imo and landing him there makes him the best potential value pick of your draft. Cam is a very good pick in the 5th, but even if hes top 5 this season, its only a very good pick as opposed to a home run. Bell is the 9th is good value for a starting rb no matter how you slice it. Great pick there.

Your team has potential, especially if Amendola can put up top 10 numbers, which is entirely possible. The problem is you have a good chance of having having a bunch of talented players on your bench for weeks at a time, or worse having to let players go because of serious injuries. I would without question drop Finely or Daniels (Id drop Finely), and add another rb or wr, regardless of the structure of your league. Flacco is taking up a potential rb/wr as well, and I dont think hes worth it especially with Pita gone.
      It is a 10 team league RB/WR is flex
      I have Ivory as my flex guy.

Good points. I still need a kicker and I was going to drop Flacco. I figure I could still pick him up in FA. I never thought about Pita being out. I was toying with the plan of alternating Daniels and Finely as to their schedule. I was looking and saw Brian Hartline is still available and he would possibly be a good addition. I feel pretty good at RB where I have Bradshaw as my 4th RB but preseason hasn't even happened yet and I will need some flexibility.

So you think I should drop flacco and one of the TEs. Pick up a kicker and maybe Hartline. I drafted Jackson and I almost took Hartline there as I think he is going to have a good year.
      Last edited by Bacchus; 07-30-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

One guy drafted Percy Harvin. I told him Harvin is out and offered him a trade of Bradshaw and Decker for Alfred Morris. Too me I would love to add Morris and that would push Ivory to the fourth spot.

Does this make sense to him at all? I think he'll pass on it because he does have miles Austin he could use in place of Harvin. But the preseason hasn't even started and he already has lost a starting WR.

Comment

I think your team sucks balls. You better make moves and pay attention to fa's/waiver wire.

I'm surprised Ryan dropped to the 7th round. And why would you take Newton over him?

Also, why are you running two qb's and two te's?

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
            It is a 10 team league RB/WR is flex
            I have Ivory as my flex guy.

Good points. I still need a kicker and I was going to drop Flacco. I figure I could still pick him up in FA. I never thought about Pita being out. I was toying with the plan of alternating Daniels and Finely as to their schedule. I was looking and saw Brian Hartline is still available and he would possibly be a good addition. I feel pretty good at RB where I have Bradshaw as my 4th RB but preseason hasn't even happened yet and I will need some flexibility.

So you think I should drop flacco and one of the TEs. Pick up a kicker and maybe Hartline. I drafted Jackson and I almost took Hartline there as I think he is going to have a good year.
            Yeah I would definitely drop them for the best rbs/wrs available. Hartline isnt a bad way to go. Hes most likely a #3 wr which is a nice addition at this point. But its possible you can do better.

One guy drafted Percy Harvin. I told him Harvin is out and offered him a trade of Bradshaw and Decker for Alfred Morris. Too me I would love to add Morris and that would push Ivory to the fourth spot.

Does this make sense to him at all? I think he'll pass on it because he does have miles Austin he could use in place of Harvin. But the preseason hasn't even started and he already has lost a starting WR.
            To him, no, it makes absolutely zero sense. Morris is a true bell cow #1 rb. Considering how rare great rbs are, and how few of them exist in the modern NFL, the demand for them is insanely high.

Id trade Julio Jones for Morris and not think twice. But if you dont like that idea, offer him Amendola and Ivory. Having AP, Mojo, Morris, Julio, and Decker would be nasty. You would need some backup wrs, well at least 1, but they are not as difficult to find on the waiver.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
              Yeah I would definitely drop them for the best rbs/wrs available. Hartline isnt a bad way to go. Hes most likely a #3 wr which is a nice addition at this point. But its possible you can do better.

To him, no, it makes absolutely zero sense. Morris is a true bell cow #1 rb. Considering how rare great rbs are, and how few of them exist in the modern NFL, the demand for them is insanely high.

Id trade Julio Jones for Morris and not think twice. But if you dont like that idea, offer him Amendola and Ivory. Having AP, Mojo, Morris, Julio, and Decker would be nasty. You would need some backup wrs, well at least 1, but they are not as difficult to find on the waiver.
              Yeah, ok I'll do that.

Comment

Originally posted by maven View Post
                I think your team sucks balls. You better make moves and pay attention to fa's/waiver wire.

I'm surprised Ryan dropped to the 7th round. And why would you take Newton over him?

Also, why are you running two qb's and two te's?
                It was close I think Newton is going to have a bounce back year and he runs for lots of yards. If I would have known I could have picked up Ryan that late then I would have waited.

I picked up Flacco only because I didn't want to select a kicker at that point.

I have the two TEs because they are similar and I thought I could play the one with the better matchup. But I will re-think that too. Thanks.

Comment

It was close I think Newton is going to have a bounce back year and he runs for lots of yards. If I would have known I could have picked up Ryan that late then I would have waited.

I picked up Flacco only because I didn't want to select a kicker at that point.

I have the two TEs because they are similar and I thought I could play the one with the better matchup. But I will re-think that too. Thanks.
                  As mentioned, your team is pretty boom/bust potential. Pay attention to news of the other teams out there and when a top player goes down, immediate jump on the backup player. Expect more to happen before week 1. There are always gems out there that can explode in FF every year. Good luck.

Comment

Couldn't agree more on getting rid of Finley and Flacco. I'd also be on the lookout for a replacement for Johnson. He's good but does he have anyone to throw to him and he went out with a hamstring injury. I avoid players with those like the plague because they seem to hamper them all year. And probably not a big deal, but GB's D? Yuck.

Comment

I dropped Flacco and the TE and I picked up Brian Hartline and a kicker. I like my depth as it is Decker is my third WR, but Ivory is having hamstring issues already. Hopefully, they'll straighten out or Bradshaw will be my flex RB.

I have two more teams I'll be playing so I can learn from this one first.

Comment

1.1 Adrian Peterson, Min- No brainer

2.10 Julio Jones, Atl- Great numer 1 WR and they have a nice schedule in Atl

3.1 Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac- Great number 2, with 1 upside. Who else do jags have?

4.10 Chris Ivory, NYJ- Your first bust

5.1 Cam Newton, Car- IMO way too early for a QB but he does have top 5 potential

6.10 Danny Amendola, NE- A good pick if he stays healthy

7.1 Ahmad Bradshaw, Ind- Still injured, not sure he helps you

8.10 Eric Decker, Den- Absolute steal

9.1 Le'Veon Bell, Pit- Great pick and prob makes up for Ivory who i think is a bust

10.10 Steve Johnson, Buf- Great value top 15 possible finish in afc wr fantasy

11.1 Ronnie Hillman, Den- Great value and a better fantasy player this yr then Ivory

12.10 Owen Daniels, Hou- Really good schedule at the end of the yr in playoffs

13.1 Jermichael Finley, GB- On a high powered offense, not a bad pick if he plays to ability

14.10 Joe Flacco, Bal- Dont like him really

15.1 Green Bay Packers, GB

Comment

Johnson will get healthy IMO and is worth keeping regardless of who throws the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                            Johnson will get healthy IMO and is worth keeping regardless of who throws the ball.
                            Thanks for the input everyone.

I started to panic a little bit as the QBs were jumping off the board. I did not want to get stuck with E. Manning, Rapistberger or Romo.

As it turned out I could have waited and drafted Matt Ryan, so I did mess up there.

To tell you the truth I know very little about Johnson and his QB situation is really scary.

I figure Rex's job is on the line and he is going back to basics and will pound the ball. I figure Ivory could be a steal of the draft but right on queue he gets injured.

I like my Decker pick as he is not even a starter in my offense but he could be.

I plugged my my league into one of these programs and it said I had the #3 offense starters and the #1 bench.

Comment

I have two more teams I'll be playing so I can learn from this one first.
                              That is good. You will learn a lot from having multiple teams since this is your 1st time trying.

Comment

Working...
                              X