Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around The NFL:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
    Where are the Highschool football threads? The Highschool in my town was rated # 6 in the Chicago poll this year.
    That would be better than some of the other threads that are left up on the main page.

    All I wanted was for the Texas/Texas Tech game thread to be left up until the game was over.

    No big deal....I am over it.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
      That would be better than some of the other threads that are left up on the main page.

      All I wanted was for the Texas/Texas Tech game thread to be left up until the game was over.

      No big deal....I am over it.
      hey we may not be able to discuss the action in a major football game, but at least we are aware of the suspicions that rothelisberger might be gay. so there's that.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by yavoon View Post
        hey we may not be able to discuss the action in a major football game, but at least we are aware of the suspicions that rothelisberger might be gay. so there's that.
        Right on.

        Comment


        • #49
          JIM KELLY WANTS TO BUY THE BILLS

          Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2008, 7:28 p.m.

          With the family of the only owner in Bills history already making it known that they won’t keep the team after Ralph Wilson (now 90 years old) passes on, Peter King of NBC reports that Buffalo Hall of Famer quarterback Jim Kelly is trying to put a group together that would buy the team.

          It’s unclear whether Kelly’s group would purchase the franchise in the short term, or whether the deal would wait until Mr. Wilson is playing pinochle with former U.S. President Woodrow Wilson.

          Kelly’s goal is to keep the team in Western New York permanently. Whether that means playing one or two (or four) games each year in Toronto remains to be seen.

          Comment


          • #50
            CHIEFS LOSE KOLBY SMITH

            Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2008, 6:19 p.m.

            The Kansas City Chiefs lost more than a football game on Sunday. They also lost running back Kolby Smith for the rest of the season, with a knee injury.

            Smith had 10 carries for 46 yards and a touchdown against Tampa.

            He started six games in 2007 as the replacement for Larry Johnson, who had a broken foot.

            Jamaal Charles and Larry Johnson will carry the load for the Chiefs moving forward, if/when Johnson ever gets back on the field.

            Comment


            • #51
              HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN FOR ORTON

              Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2008, 9:44 p.m.

              Media reports suggest that Bears quarterback Kyle Orton will miss one month with a high ankle sprain.

              Officially, the team is awaiting the results of a Monday MRI before making any comments about Orton’s condition.

              If Orton misses a month, Rex Grossman will get the nod for upcoming games against the Titans, Packers, Rams and Vikings.

              The only other quarterback on the roster is rookie Caleb Hanie.

              The 5-3 Bears lead the NFC North by one game over the 4-4 Packers and 4-4 Vikings.

              Comment


              • #52
                CRENNEL: ANDERSON OUR QUARTERBACK “AS OF RIGHT NOW”

                Posted by Michael David Smith on November 3, 2008, 1:50 p.m.

                Is the Brady Quinn era approaching in Cleveland?

                Browns coach Romeo Crennel said today that starting quarterback Derek Anderson is still his starter, but hinted that Anderson might not be his starter much longer. When asked if Anderson was still Crennel’s starting quarterback, Crennel said, “Yes, as of right now.”

                Browns fans chanted Quinn’s name during yesterday’s 37-27 loss to the Ravens, in which Anderson completed 17 of 33 passes for 219 yards, with two touchdowns and one interception. Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs returned the interception for a touchdown to seal the game.

                Quinn, a 2007 first-round draft pick, is expected to become the Browns’ starter some day. With the Browns falling to 3-5 yesterday, it could be some day soon.

                Comment


                • #53
                  SCHAUB OUT A MONTH

                  Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2008, 1:38 p.m.

                  Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that Texans quarterback Matt Schaub suffered a torn MCL on Sunday against the Vikings, and he’ll miss at least a month.

                  The MCL typically heals itself with rest; surgery is required only when there’s a complete tear.

                  Taking Schaub’s place will be Sage Rosenfels, one of the better backup quarterbacks in the league (notwithstanding that unfortunate John Elway imitation, which cost the Texans a win over the Colts).

                  Over the next four weeks, the Texans host the Ravens in the Ike makeup game, travel to Indy for a rematch with the Colts, head to Cleveland for a game against the Browns, and then return to Houston for a Monday nighter against Jacksonville.

                  Rosenfels completed 21 of 29 passes in the second half of Sunday’s loss to the Vikings, generating a passer rating of 103.2. His 92.8 rating for the season is actually higher than Schaub’s (91.0).

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Brady Quinn should be starting over Derek Anderson....who has sucked this year.

                    He has completed less than 50% of his passes on the year.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
                      Brady Quinn should be starting over Derek Anderson....who has sucked this year.

                      He has completed less than 50% of his passes on the year.
                      that will all change on thursday

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                        that will all change on thursday
                        You are probably right.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
                          You are probably right.
                          god I hope I'm wrong...

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
                            Brady Quinn should be starting over Derek Anderson....who has sucked this year.

                            He has completed less than 50% of his passes on the year.
                            I find it funny that Duh Bear's fans and media all wanted to trade for Anderson and cut Orton.

                            Now Orton is having a great year and Anderson is on the bench. I give Orton props for sticking out the REXMAN years.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Kris Jenkins absolutely manhandled BUF's interior OL yesterday. He had 2 sacks, 5 official pressures, and plastered Trent Edwards on both of his INT's yesterday. One was a pick six from the goal line and the other was in the endzone and underthrown to Hardy. This was while being double and occasionally Triple teamed. BUF also ran for a meager 30 yards on 17 carries in which 15 was when Jenkins was taking a breather.

                              All this is while playing a zero technique in a 3-4 defense. NT is not his primary position, but he has played at an all-pro level for the NYJ this year. Whoever was arguing this guy was done with me last year is severely mistaken.....

                              Oh yeah, I watched 3 games yesterday and the rest today. The Direct TV package with the 20+ minute replays are the best thing EVER!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
                                Kris Jenkins absolutely manhandled BUF's interior OL yesterday. He had 2 sacks, 5 official pressures, and plastered Trent Edwards on both of his INT's yesterday. One was a pick six from the goal line and the other was in the endzone and underthrown to Hardy. This was while being double and occasionally Triple teamed. BUF also ran for a meager 30 yards on 17 carries in which 15 was when Jenkins was taking a breather.

                                All this is while playing a zero technique in a 3-4 defense. NT is not his primary position, but he has played at an all-pro level for the NYJ this year. Whoever was arguing this guy was done with me last year is severely mistaken.....

                                Oh yeah, I watched 3 games yesterday and the rest today. The Direct TV package with the 20+ minute replays are the best thing EVER!
                                Who needs an all pro stud DT we had Sam Adams err, Dan Wilkinson?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X