Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sassy View Post
    Why He did it to himself.
    I realize that, he just cant get straight it seems.

I never cheer for someone to fall flat on their face.

Comment

Originally posted by ApaOps5 View Post
      I actually saw that play where Hines Ward laid out Rivers. It was on while the SD game was without power. Man it was a nasty block, legal, but vicious. Rivers learned a rookie lesson the hard way. Keep your head up rookie.
      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXxc9OxIJyc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXxc9OxIJyc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

I thought it was a legal block for sure.

Good tough football.

It was nasty and opportunistic....but if Hines Ward were a Bronco, I would think he was the shiiit.

He plays the game with attitude and passion....an asset to any team.

Comment

Same type of hit Eddie Mac laid on Brian Williams in the Super Bowl. Linebacker chasing a player down the sideline and a receiver comes back and knocks the linebacker on his ass.

I thought it was bad ass when Eddie did it, and it's still bad ass when Hines does it.

Comment

God Hines Ward is a nice player. We need about 15 guys like that in Oakland right about now........

Comment

Just Heard on NFL Network that Vince Wilfork coul be disciplined by the league for a cheap shot on Cutler. This is probably why we were tryig to do the same to their quarterback on Monday night.

Comment

KING GUARANTEES LIONS WON’T GO 0-16

Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2008, 11:42 a.m.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated said moments ago on The Dan Patrick Show that the 0-7 Lions won’t finish the season 0-16.

In fact, King guarantees it.

“They will play hard,” King said. “At some point, they’ll do enough good things to win a game.”

He points to December visits from the Vikings and Saints to windy Ford Field (yeah, we’re beating that one into the ground like the “Hello” voice) as possible sources of that elusive (to date) first win.

(We think that the best/only chance is the December 7 visit from Minnesota and its “keep it close and hope to get lucky late” approach to which we refer in these parts as “Chillyball.”)

King thinks that the Bengals have a better chance of leaving the donut in the “W” column through Week Seventeen. The ingredient are there: (1) no quarterback; (2) a coach who’s being tuned out; and (3) players who don’t care.

Comment

I think Cincy could very easily go 0-16.....tough remaining schedule.

They may get a win in Week 17 when they play Kansas City in Cincinnati.

The Lions should pick up a win or two somewhere along the way....but there are no cream puffs left for them.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
                    I thought it was a legal block for sure.

Good tough football.

It was nasty and opportunistic....but if Hines Ward were a Bronco, I would think he was the shiiit.

He plays the game with attitude and passion....an asset to any team.
                    I totally agree it was legit and legal. Just viscious and how football should be played.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
                      Same type of hit Eddie Mac laid on Brian Williams in the Super Bowl. Linebacker chasing a player down the sideline and a receiver comes back and knocks the linebacker on his ass.

I thought it was bad ass when Eddie did it, and it's still bad ass when Hines does it.
                      i also loved when he taunted and pointed at him on the ground after he drilled him through the ground.

Comment

Favre had 3 INTs on Sunday....he is one away from being the first QB in NFL history with 300 career INTs.

Comment

BRAD ON A SHORT LEASH IN BIG D?

Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2008, 8:08 p.m.

As the Cowboys prepare for what could be their third and final game without starting quarterback Tony Romo, there’s news that replacement Brad Johnson might not be long for the job.

Per Ed Werder of ESPN, Johnson’s 122-yard passing performance against the Buccaneers could prompt the team to explore other options.

Including (gulp) giving Brooks Bollinger a try.

We were amazed a couple of weeks ago when the various sock puppets (we’re looking at you, four-letter network) were talking as if Johnson was a lot better than the guy who was in reality a turnover machine two years ago in Minnesota.

The dude is 40, and he plays like it. Period.

Bottom line? While it’s easy to blame the Cowboys for not having a better backup plan, there aren’t 32 good quarterbacks in the league right now. Though they’ve got one of them, not many (if any) have two.

Johnson “probably” will start this weekend against the Giants, and if he plays like he has the past two weeks the Cowboys “probably” will lose.

Comment

CULPEPPER CANCELS VISIT WITH CHIEFS

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 27, 2008, 9:32 p.m.

Daunte Culpepper will not be a Kansas City Chief.

Culpepper had a visit scheduled for tomorrow, but Jay Glazer of Fox Sports is reporting that Culpepper told the Chiefs today that he isn’t going to make the trip to Kansas City because he has a better opportunity with another team. It’s not known which team Culpepper has an offer from.

Glazer also reports that Culpepper told teams last week that he wanted to sign a contract for more than just the rest of this season, and that he wanted a 2009 payment of $10 million or more.

Obviously, no team is going to give Culpepper that kind of money, and by the end of the week Culpepper apparently realized that and told the Chiefs he wouldn’t need that much. But now Culpepper won’t be playing for the Chiefs for any amount.

Comment

ROY WILLIAMS POKES FUN AT TATUM

Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2008, 9:58 p.m.

Both players are gone. Neither is forgotten.

Former Lions receiver Roy Williams attended the team’s annual Halloween party on Monday night, according to Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com.

And Williams came dressed as former Lions running back Tatum Bell.

Bell famously swiped (allegedly) the bags of newly-signed Lions running back Rudi Johnson in early September, after Bell was cut to make a space for Rudi.

Details of the costume (e.g., luggage, bellhop cap, Rudi’s wallet) weren’t mentioned.

UPDATE: Williams, per Kowalski, was wearing a bellhop uniform and boxers over his pants that said “Rudi” on the front and “Johnson 32″ on the back.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3670790

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns receiver Joe Jurevicius will be out for the remainder of the 2008 season, a league source confirmed Wednesday.

Browns coach Romeo Crennel said during his weekly news conference that the team is preparing to make an announcement on Jurevicius soon, and the coach hinted that it was "generally not good."

The Browns have until the end of this week to take Jurevicius off the physically-unable-to-perform list or deactivate him for the season. Jurevicius had routine knee surgery in the offseason but contracted a staph infection that set back his timetable to return.

"It's 99 percent sure that he is done for the season," the source said.

Comment

Working...
                                X