Around The NFL:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Yeah, that's a head scratcher. Didn't Shanahan beat Cower in PIT and then go on to win 2 SBs back to back?

What's Cowers playoff record vs Shanahan? I honestly don't know.
    Shanny got him in '97 but Cowher got him back in '05. I think just those two games that I can remember.

Comment

Yeah, that's a head scratcher. Didn't Shanahan beat Cower in PIT and then go on to win 2 SBs back to back?

What's Cowers playoff record vs Shanahan? I honestly don't know.
      1-1 each winning a Championship game on the others field is my guess.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

Shanny got him in '97 but Cowher got him back in '05. I think just those two games that I can remember.
          Oh yeah. F'n Plummer. They had that game. That game was e final straw on why Shanny went out and got Cutler.

Comment

• L O L

Comment

Oh yeah. F'n Plummer. They had that game. That game was e final straw on why Shanny went out and got Cutler.
              If Champ pulls in the pick 6 vs bouncing up and Ward getting a first down and they get points out of it the game could have pivoted right there.

Comment

• This "expert" also picked Denver to win 2 games

Comment

• Comment

• They didn't hire McDaniels so that's at least progress from the Browns. They nut hug the Pats like nobodies business.

Comment

• Jimmy Johnson is not HOF worthy

Why is Mike Shanahan not in
                      616 winning % with Denver and 2 Super bowls
                      138 wins for den vs 80 for JJ and Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                        Jimmy Johnson is not HOF worthy

There's definitely a Miami college bump in there, subconsciously.

I'm fine with him making it though. Like 90% of guys in the running deserve to get in at some point. Shanahan should be in of course.

Comment

He gets in for building one of the best teams ever. Those Cowboys teams were no joke. But yeah, Shanahan deserves to get in too. Someone was making the case for Reeves over Johnson and I can't roll with that. No way.

Comment

• Built the Dallas dynasty + big impact on the draft process. If anything, Jimmy and Cowher will help Mike get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                              Built the Dallas dynasty + big impact on the draft process. If anything, Jimmy and Cowher will help Mike get in.
                              I hate to admit it because I can’t stand the man, or anything cowboys related, but Johnson does deserve to get in because he took a declining team with only 1 real asset, a RB, and parlayed it to a bonafide dynasty. If he hadn’t have left the Cowboys, he probably wins three, maybe 4 SB’s in a row. They were that good.

Comment

He helped turn around and then build the Cowboys dynasty. They were set up for success even after he left. He's a HOF coach.

As far as why Shanahan is not in, look at the 2 guys who got in this year. They both are from historically beloved NFL franchises and have been members of the media for many years now.

Comment

Working...
                                X