Around The NFL:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around The NFL:

Here is a thread I have thought about making for a while.

A thread to post non-Denver NFL tidbits and information without creating a new thread for each one.

REPORT: PALMER LIKELY DONE FOR SEASON

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 24, 2008, 8:26 p.m. EDT

Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is likely to miss the remainder of the season with an elbow injury.

Citing unnamed sources, Mortensen reports that the ulnar collateral ligament in Palmer’s throwing elbow is “frayed.”

However, the Bengals are apparently not planning to put Palmer on injured reserve just yet, leaving open the possibility that he could return if the elbow heals more quickly than thought. Realistically, though, it’s hard to believe an 0-7 team would risk the long-term health of its franchise quarterback by having him through an elbow injury.

At this point Palmer hasn’t decided whether to have Tommy John surgery. His injury is not believed to be as serious as the elbow injury suffered by Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme last season.

Palmer suffered the injury on September 21 and has played in only one game since.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3662248

Giants' Burress fined $45,000 for actions from Week 7 game

Having already incurred a $117,000 team fine earlier this month, Burress drew $45,000 in additional fines from the NFL for his actions during and after the Giants' 29-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Week 7.

Comment

Thanks Junkman!! Handy info without having to go to espn....

Comment

I was reading that Palmer was considering Tommy John surgery. If thats the case he has a long road back. Man he has been snake bitten with injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by ApaOps5 View Post
            I was reading that Palmer was considering Tommy John surgery. If thats the case he has a long road back. Man he has been snake bitten with injuries.
            The Bengals are screwed.

1st round pick LB Keith Rivers is out for the year as well.

One of my buds is a big Bengals fan and the was pretty optimistic a few months back.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is about as exciting as the flu to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
              The Bengals are screwed.

1st round pick LB Keith Rivers is out for the year as well.

One of my buds is a big Bengals fan and the was pretty optimistic a few months back.

I actually saw that play where Hines Ward laid out Rivers. It was on while the SD game was without power. Man it was a nasty block, legal, but vicious. Rivers learned a rookie lesson the hard way. Keep your head up rookie.

Comment

I hate the Bengals so I'm really enjoying their season from hell. I especially enjoy not seeing or hearing about Chad Johnson at all

Comment

Originally posted by Hogan11 View Post
                  I hate the Bengals so I'm really enjoying their season from hell. I especially enjoy not seeing or hearing about Chad Johnson at all
                  Legally his name is now Chad Ocho Cinco. God he is such a douche.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                    Legally his name is now Chad Ocho Cinco. God he is such a douche.
                    Well, whatever he calls himself, he's not on every pregame show or any commercials to speak of anymore....it's a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogan11 View Post
                      Well, whatever he calls himself, he's not on every pregame show or any commercials to speak of anymore....it's a blessing.
                      You can say that again.....talk about an attention whore.

Comment

Pacman went to rehab, I almost feel sorry for him at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Doom Crew72 View Post
                          Pacman went to rehab, I almost feel sorry for him at this point.
                          Why He did it to himself.

Comment

any info on who will be back for sure next week ?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
                              He needs to play us so he can make himself a highlight vid...

Comment

Working...
                              X