No announcement yet.

AFC West Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't worry too much about Albert. Worry more about your tiny defensive ends getting creamed by him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
      You're not going to be going 2 tight ends every down, and even when you do, assuming you keep both in to block, that leaves Bowe and some nobody's to throw to. And again, comparing Albert to Staley, D'Brick and Thomas is ridiculous because they played LT in college. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Position changes are hard especially when going from a hard one to a harder one. The game speed alone will give Albert problems. Asking him to also play one of the most difficult positions on the line is going to make things harder, not easier.
      Nobody's? I would read this. I think Franklin will be decent WR at the least. He was very underrated at Mizzou and was overshadowed by Maclin and Rucker.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...ry/636751.html

As for Albert, yes I agree with you. He is going to struggle sometimes. But simply because he didn't play LT doesn't mean that he will never be able to. We won't be running 2 TE sets every play. My point was that we are going to do everything to help him. I believe that he does have the feet, strength and smarts to be a LT and so does everybody else. His technique is what people worry about because he is not a "polished" LT.

Oh I also took your quote about KC's RB's and put it on my sig just in case

Comment

• Originally posted by KCStud View Post
        Nobody's? I would read this. I think Franklin will be decent WR at the least. He was very underrated at Mizzou and was overshadowed by Maclin and Rucker.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...ry/636751.html

As for Albert, yes I agree with you. He is going to struggle sometimes. But simply because he didn't play LT doesn't mean that he will never be able to. We won't be running 2 TE sets every play. My point was that we are going to do everything to help him. I believe that he does have the feet, strength and smarts to be a LT and so does everybody else. His technique is what people worry about because he is not a "polished" LT.

Oh I also took your quote about KC's RB's and put it on my sig just in case
        I think Albert is going to be really good. Kaylore has a point that it might be better to play him at LG or RT for a while, but he has all the physical tools to eventually be a very good left tackle. If the coaches want him to take some early knocks moving to left tackle right away, then who really cares? The Chiefs aren't going anywhere this season and for some strange reason KC and Edwards seem to have the best job security in the NFL. Albert isn't a perfect prospect, but neither are Long or Clady.

Comment

• Originally posted by 400HZ View Post
          The Chiefs aren't going anywhere this season
          That's the point I'm making. I gave a list of why they will suck this year and he got all whiny that I was disrespecting them. I don't think the Chiefs get that they expect to suck this year. They knew they would when they blew the team up and started over. Yet for some reason right around this time Chief fans convince themselves that they're going to be awesome this year. They plan on all their draft picks starting and all their veterans improving. By July they have talked themselves into being playoff contenders. Then the season starts and its downhill from there.

I say again, Chief fans: Just be patient and hope for more drafts like this last year's and in a few years you will be competitive again.

Comment

That's the point I'm making. I gave a list of why they will suck this year and he got all whiny that I was disrespecting them. I don't think the Chiefs get that they expect to suck this year. They knew they would when they blew the team up and started over. Yet for some reason right around this time Chief fans convince themselves that they're going to be awesome this year. They plan on all their draft picks starting and all their veterans improving. By July they have talked themselves into being playoff contenders. Then the season starts and its downhill from there.

I say again, Chief fans: Just be patient and hope for more drafts like this last year's and in a few years you will be competitive again.
            Chiefs fans know the team isn't going to the playoffs. I haven't seen any Chiefs fan say they will. I do think that the team will be better then last years team. I stick by my guns. 6-10

Comment

A lot of fans manage to do this. You probably feel that way about the Broncos. Football isn't any fun if you can't summon up some optimism for your team. You know that Chef fans are deluding themselves just like I know that Bronco fans are deluding themselves.

Comment

A lot of fans manage to do this. You probably feel that way about the Broncos. Football isn't any fun if you can't summon up some optimism for your team. You know that Chef fans are deluding themselves just like I know that Bronco fans are deluding themselves.
                Enjoy your sig while you can.

Comment

• A lot of these KC draft picks probably will be starting because Herm doesn't really have any other choice but to do so.

I don't really see it as a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
                    A lot of these KC draft picks probably will be starting because Herm doesn't really have any other choice but to do so.

In the short term its not, but in the long term they will be ready sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
                      A lot of these KC draft picks probably will be starting because Herm doesn't really have any other choice but to do so.

Depends on who you are talking about. I see Albert, Dorsey and Flowers are starters. If they were drafted by any other team then they would be starting too. FB Mike Cox will start too. He already knows the system and was very productive as a lead blocker for Tashard Choice at GT.
                      The rest of the players like Richardson, Johnston, Cottam, Charles, Morgan and Franklin are guys who probably won't start, but will play a lot.

I see 6 starters right now from the draft. Dorsey at DT, Albert at OT, Flowers at CB, Cox at FB, Robinson as the KR/PR and Barth at K

Comment

• Flowers would not start with any other team than one with dire CB needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
                          Flowers would not start with any other team than one with dire CB needs.
                          I agree. Should have emphasized. I think he would have started for a team like GB or SD who were teams projected to take a CB in round 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugly Duck View Post
                            A terrible team that damn near swept the Broncos last season.
                            what the hell does this prove? Did that "almost" sweep get you to 10 wins? 2nd place? It got you top, elite draft status. You will need to do more than "Almost" sweep the Broncos. I gave you 6 wins with the potential to win 7 or 8 but Faiders will find a way to screw that opportunity up. What can you possibly be questioning me on my 6 wins and 3rd place prediction for the Faiders? Maybe you think I gave too many wins for 2008. That could be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                              I agree. Should have emphasized. I think he would have started for a team like GB or SD who were teams projected to take a CB in round 1
                              He wouldn't start for either of those teams. Not even close. He'd be competing for the nickle spot on both.

Comment

He wouldn't start for either of those teams. Not even close. He'd be competing for the nickle spot on both.
                                If that.

Comment

Working...
                                X