Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC West Standings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Albert should be fine at LT. He works very well in space. I know people are going here are going to blast me for this, but I did not like Ryan Clady very well as a prospect. For awhile there I thought KC might take him, especially since our very own Will Shields was working with him.

    Clady did not look good at the end of his season at Boise State. He got utterly dominated by DE's from Hawaii. He gave up 2 sacks and multiple QB pressures. Then when he did the bench press he gets to the 20's and suddenly gets hurt. Scouts wanted him to do the bench again after time to recover and he apparently refuses. I think his strength could be a problem.
    From what I saw of Clady, he is quick and his wingspan is incredible, but he gets pushed back often and can't finish often. His technique was said to be a problem, but I think he got better while working with Will Shields over the offseason. Honestly I liked Long, Albert and Williams as better prospects.

    We'll see how both do. I don't see Albert being a failure at LT, but even if he is, we plug him in at G and he becomes a dominant G
    Last edited by KCStud; 05-27-2008, 02:15 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Pat Bowlen View Post
      I hate to admit it, but this is an extremely good argument. Jay didn't catch the diabetes until after last season, and I'm personally very worried about how he'll cope.
      I was under the impression he caught it during last season. He said he was feeling the effects in November.

      Said everytime he got back to the huddle, he felt like passing out, yet he still played pretty well (his undiagnosed diabetes sure didnt look like it hampered him when he was tossing 4 TDs against the Chorfs in 3 quarters).

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KCStud View Post
        I think Albert should be fine at LT. He works very well in space. I know people are going here are going to blast me for this, but I did not like Ryan Clady very well as a prospect. For awhile there I thought KC might take him, especially since our very own Will Shields was working with him.

        Clady did not look good at the end of his season at Boise State. He got utterly dominated by DE's from Hawaii. He gave up 2 sacks and multiple QB pressures. Then when he did the bench press he gets to the 20's and suddenly gets hurt. Scouts wanted him to do the bench again after time to recover and he apparently refuses. I think his strength could be a problem.
        From what I saw of Clady, he is quick and his wingspan is incredible, but he gets pushed back often and can't finish often. His technique was said to be a problem, but I think he got better while working with Will Shields over the offseason. Honestly I liked Long, Albert and Williams as better prospects.

        We'll see how both do. I don't see Albert being a failure at LT, but even if he is, we plug him in at G and he becomes a dominant G
        While he has the skill set to play it, Albert has very limited experience at tackle. I could definitely see him being put at guard for now and be switched there later on if he can handle it. Throwing him immediately out there at LT may not be the smartest move.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
          While he has the skill set to play it, Albert has very limited experience at tackle. I could definitely see him being put at guard for now and be switched there later on if he can handle it. Throwing him immediately out there at LT may not be the smartest move.
          Right now he's playing LT in OTA's and he probably will be there quite a bit in training camp and preseason, but I'm willing to bet that during the season he will start at RT and switch after a few weeks

          Comment


          • Originally posted by KCStud View Post
            Right now he's playing LT in OTA's and he probably will be there quite a bit in training camp and preseason, but I'm willing to bet that during the season he will start at RT and switch after a few weeks
            Oh ok. Just a few snaps during OTA's, a few games and he'll be able to start at left tackle! No problem at all! Easy as pie!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rovolution View Post
              I was under the impression he caught it during last season. He said he was feeling the effects in November.

              Said everytime he got back to the huddle, he felt like passing out, yet he still played pretty well (his undiagnosed diabetes sure didnt look like it hampered him when he was tossing 4 TDs against the Chorfs in 3 quarters).
              You don't "catch" diabetes. It's not the ****ing common cold.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sixtimeseight View Post
                You don't "catch" diabetes. It's not the ****ing common cold.
                ok. sorry. ill rephrase. I thought he began to show symptoms of diabetes in November. Didnt mean to offend anyone

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  Oh ok. Just a few snaps during OTA's, a few games and he'll be able to start at left tackle! No problem at all! Easy as pie!
                  Not sure I think Herm wants him there to take the snaps so he can be familiar with the position. I think we are going to have to put him at LT because McIntosh is not a LT. He is a RT IMO. He can cover but he is a below average run blocker.

                  I'm sure he'll go through a few struggles like Clady, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he started at LT in week 1

                  Comment


                  • KC 4-12. Far too many wholes in this team. And to suggest just because a team wants to move a guard to LT it makes him good is LUDICROUS!. He was not good enough to be a LT in college, but in his first yr in the NFL he is going to be at least avg? He will stink at LT in his first yr, the question is if there is good enough talent to become a decent one (NOT A GREAT ONE), and not having ever done it at COLLEGE would indicate this is a long term project. Your D just got worse short term (but it may get better in a couple of yrs because of the trade, the jury is still out). You have absolutely no offence because you can't protect a QB that has some talent, but has yet to prove he can do anything long term but get hurt. ST, well, lets just say you have done little to try an improve it, and although Denver has many questions, it has a FAR BETTER offence and it made many moves to improve its STs.
                    Albert was good enough to play LT. He actually played a few games at LT and did well. He played G because Virginia got an outstanding LT prospect from high school who could only play LT. Virginia's coach wanted the 5 best OL out on the field and Albert was flexible so he played G. I forgot the kids name. Eugene something. But he is first round material and I think he is a projected first rounder
                    Last edited by KCStud; 05-27-2008, 10:39 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                      I'm sure he'll go through a few struggles like Clady, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he started at LT in week 1
                      If he does your season will look exactly like it did last year. Croyle will not have time.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
                        It took a damn near 2nd half collapse to make the first game that close. If's and but's are fun but facts are better!
                        Last Game Facts: Oak 34, Den 20
                        Fact: Cutler passing 0 TDs, 2 INTs
                        Fact: Raider passing 3 TDs, 0 INTs
                        Fact: Denver rushing 86 yards, Raiders 175

                        Fact: You didn't just lose the last game, the lowly & pathetic, horrid & horrific Raiders beat you.

                        Comment


                        • I like how the KC fans like to draw a parallel to Denver with every argument they make. Why can't they look at their team without making a Denver comparasion? It's comical.

                          Comment


                          • Chargers 11-5
                            Broncos 8-8
                            Chiefs 7-9
                            Raiders 6-10

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              If he does your season will look exactly like it did last year. Croyle will not have time.
                              One could say the same for Denver, Houston, Chicago and Miami as they have 1st round LT's. It happened last year for Joe Staley in SF. Even Joe Thomas had struggles at the beginning of the season. Jared Allen tore him up in his first real action in the preseason.

                              The system that our new OC is going to implement will be the 2 TE set which I'm willing to bet that we put Cottam, who excels at blocking, on the outside to help Albert.

                              Another blocker that will help the team is FB Mike Cox. He played under Gailey at GT last season, so he knows the system. He has excellent size for a FB and is an outstanding blocker. KC hasnt' had a true FB since T-Rich. We put a poor TE and a LB at FB.

                              KC also drafted Barry Richardson who was an All-American RT who was known for being a good in pass protection.

                              Comment


                              • You're not going to be going 2 tight ends every down, and even when you do, assuming you keep both in to block, that leaves Bowe and some nobody's to throw to. And again, comparing Albert to Staley, D'Brick and Thomas is ridiculous because they played LT in college. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Position changes are hard especially when going from a hard one to a harder one. The game speed alone will give Albert problems. Asking him to also play one of the most difficult positions on the line is going to make things harder, not easier.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X