kansas city 4-12
    That sounds pretty good right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
      Denver 8-8
      San Diego 7-9
      Oakland 6-10
      Kansas City 6-10

I have San Diego going 7-9 based on the ball bouncing the other way against them all season. You know, they have a lot of injury concerns.

See how ludicrous that sounds?

Boltaneer, your explanation, simply, is retarded. You make it sound like Cutler will be taking snaps while battling Parkinson's Disease.
      Wow, I threw in the Cutler thing in my overall assessment for the Broncos but you guys are blowing it all out of proportion and it certainly wasn't the number on issue on my list. Actually, I don't think it will be a big deal for him. He's still a young guy and he'll have availability to a top notch medical staff. But it's still something to factor in, more mental than anything else I would think. I hope he does handle it well. I don't wish anything like that on him. Anyway, I think he has enough problems as it is without worrying about that.

I'm just looking at the overall picture and I don't see upgrades in most of the spots where changes was made. That's all. We can only judge teams on how they look on paper at this point in time until September comes.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
        KC should be able to do better than 6 wins. I think the Chiefs will win about 9 this year.
        Are you serious? I'm not even close to that optimistic about this team. But it's not about the wins for me this year. It's about seeing our young player progress. If we lose 10 games but see Brodie Croyle make alot of progress the it was a good season to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
          You said they'd be good last year too! I'm going to spare you the old quotes of yours I've found and was going to post. I'll just say that your faith in them rarely jives with reality. It's so weird! I remember at camp the past years you'd look at me with this concerned gaze and say "the Chiefs scare me this year." They have had some decent years, but as long as Germ is their coach they'll never go anywhere.

True. Their draft at the top was awesome. Couple that with the fact that Carl seems to hit on his first round picks, and it's hard to say they're not headed in a positive direction. That said, even the best rookies take at least a year get going and right now they are just too young to look very good.

They have no running back either. I know that Albert will help, but he is not a LT and he's only one guy after they got rid of several and don't have much else. I really believe LJ is done too. Croyle is learning way to slowly and gets hurt to much and relapses into mistakes too often for me to ever think he could stand in the same room as Drew Brees' jock. Bowe is good. Tony G has some left in the tank. Derrick Johnson is solid. Then...what? No center, no kicker, no LT, one receiver, no safeties, no running game, an offense that makes the power I look like Air Coryell; I'm sorry man, but while I agree they will surprise some people, they will not win more than 7 games this year.
          Just because you have no knowledge of some of our players doesn't mean they are all crap.

Albert is not a LT? Well, we'll see. He is already lining up at left tackle in OTA's.

We have no runningbacks? And LJ is done? Wishful thinking. He isn't anywhere close to done. His injury last year had absolutely nothing to do with his heavy load the previous season. And even if he was done, we did just draft a runningback in the 3rd round this year. A guy by the name of Jamaal Charles. 4.38 speed, put up better stats than Darren McFadden this year, still has alot of room to grow, yadda yadda yadda. And then there is still Kolby Smith who showed some promise last year. It's funny how you guys talk about all the injuries Selvin Young had being the reason for him not being drafted but when LJ has his first major injury throughout college or the NFL and you proclaim he is done? He does happen to be younger than Travis Henry. I see absolutely NO reason to believe he is done.

No center? Well, again we will see. Rudy Niswanger showed promise at right guard last year and should be even better at center. Just because you have no knowledge of him does not mean we have no center.

No kicker? I guess you could say the same for your team. Same goes for punter for you guys.

No left tackle? That's Branden Albert.

1 receiver? We'll see. Jeff Webb still has some promise and speedster Will Franklin has been impressive in OTA's. He has looked better than Dwayne Bowe did a year ago, who at this point was dropping balls left and right in OTA's.

No safeties? I'll take our safeties over the crap you have in Denver. John Lynch is done, Hamza Abdullah is crap (teams wouldn't even give up a 7th round pick for him as an RFA), Marquand Manuel sucks, and Marlon McCree is average at best. I'll take Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard over that junk. And some considered 3rd round pick Dajuan Morgan to be the best free safety in the draft.
          Last edited by kmartin575; 05-27-2008, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Duck View Post
            Wow... Dorsey must be the greatest NFL player of all time. Apparently, there is "no doubt" he singlehandedly would have made the worst run defense into a Top 5. Is it within the rules to elect him to the NFL Hall of Fame before he's ever played a down?
            Read the post again. Never did I say Dorsey would make your run defense top 5. I said he would help make your defense as a whole top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
              You say you have talent on paper, I say you don't because you are assuming the guys the Chiefs drafted will be good players. A ton of "ifs" there. I just don't see the Chiefs being anything but marginally better than they were this past year. I mean, you guys lost your best defensive player. What did you add? A rookie who has yet to play a snap. You think he's going to become an All Pro right away? Keep dreaming. A lot of backtracking to college careers too, and that doesn't mean it will translate to the NFL. I wouldn't start talking about how deep a position is now when you think guys who have none or little experience will be big factors in your game.
              So likewise I could say your offensive line will suck because the most important position on the line, left tackle, will be manned by a rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                Your an idiot, just have to put that out there. Just because you have no knowledge of some of our players doesn't mean they are all crap.

Albert is not a LT? Well, we'll see. He is already lining up at left tackle in OTA's.

We have no runningbacks? And LJ is done? Wishful thinking. He isn't anywhere close to done. His injury last year had absolutely nothing to do with his heavy load the previous season. And even if he was done, we did just draft a runningback in the 3rd round this year. A guy by the name of Jamaal Charles. 4.38 speed, put up better stats than Darren McFadden this year, still has alot of room to grow, yadda yadda yadda. And then there is still Kolby Smith who showed some promise last year. It's funny how you guys talk about all the injuries Selvin Young had being the reason for him not being drafted but when LJ has his first major injury throughout college or the NFL and you proclaim he is done? He does happen to be younger than Travis Henry. I see absolutely NO reason to believe he is done.

No center? Well, again we will see. Rudy Niswanger showed promise at right guard last year and should be even better at center. Just because you have no knowledge of him does not mean we have no center.

No kicker? I guess you could say the same for your team. Same goes for punter for you guys.

1 receiver? We'll see. Jeff Webb still has some promise and speedster Will Franklin has been impressive in OTA's. He has looked better than Dwayne Bowe did a year ago, who at this point was dropping balls left and right in OTA's.

No safeties? I'll take our safeties over the crap you have in Denver. John Lynch is done, Hamza Abdullah is crap (teams wouldn't even give up a 7th round pick for him as an RFA), Marquand Manuel sucks, and Marlon McCree is average at best. I'll take Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard over that junk. And some considered 3rd round pick Dajuan Morgan to be the best free safety in the draft.
                All too true KMartin. But our Chiefs have a lot of questions to answer. It's like I said before. KC has young talent. They just need to gain experience and grow together.

Comment

SD 11-5 (I still have no faith in Turner, and see this team regressing)
                  DEN 10-6 (WC berth, a team nobody wants to play come January)
                  KC 6-10 (still no answer at QB, Herm will have the D ready to play though)
                  OAK 4-12 (Russell is the new huge bust at QB)

I could see DEN and SD flip flopping if Robertson is healthy, Niko fills the MLB gap decently, the OL improves as it should with Nalen back and Clady at T, and Cutler------------->Marshall takes the next step
                  Last edited by colonelbeef; 05-26-2008, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                    hhmmm..I don't see KC in last place behind the Faiders. I think we all agree SD is the favorite.

SD 12-4
                    DEN10-6
                    KC 6-10
                    OAK 5-11
                    Oakland has too many new players on the team for people to estimate how they'll do. Gotta wait for the dust to settle before anyone knows whats there. However, I don't buy in to the assumption that spending a lot of money on offseason acquisitions neccesarily makes a team worse (hard to get worse than we were last season). Bad as the Raiders were, they still beat KC & Denver last time they played 'em. Also, Oakland had a tough Stength of Schedule (.516) last year. This time, they play a .395 strength of schedule up until December. Don't know enough yet to predict, but I gotta feeling that they'll improve by more than the one (1) game that you give them.

Too many unknowns:
                    Jamarcus Russell 1st-round pick at QB
                    Darren McFadden 1st-round pick running & receiving
                    DeAngelo Hall 1st-round pick from Atlanta at CB
                    Javon Walker 1st-round pick from Denver at WR
                    William Joseph 1st-round pick from the Giants at DT
                    Kwame Harris 1st-round pick from SF somewhere on the O-line
                    Michael Bush running & receiving
                    John Wade from the Bucs at Center
                    Drew Carter from Carolina at WR
                    Kalimba Edwards from the Lions at DE
                    Greg Spires from the Bucs at DE
                    Edgerton Hartwell long-time backup to Ray Lewis at LB
                    Gibril Wilson from the Giants at SS allowing Michael Huff to move to FS
                    Michael Huff at FS

Comment

Your an idiot, just have to put that out there. Just because you have no knowledge of some of our players doesn't mean they are all crap.

I think there is an idiot posting on this thread but its not Kaylor, its not KCStud. Nope its your kiddie ass. Seems like nothing has changed for you.

Comment

Haunting the environs again, KMart?

You going to defend your Chiefs all the way through another 4 -12 season?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by watermock View Post
                          Oakland passing on Dorsey was a huge blunder.
                          Maybe not so much in light of the fact that, in spite of how bad our run defense was, our offense was even worse. We had zero playmakers. Zip. Nada. Zilch. For a team as bad as this, getting a playmaker was equally as important as getting a run-stuffer:

Detroit L-21-36 Oakland did not score in the first half.

At Denver L- 20-23 Scored three points in the first half.

Kansas City L 10-12 Shut out in the first half.

At Tennessee L 9-13 Shut out in the second half.

Texans L- 17-24 Shut out in the first half.

Bears L- 6-17 Just two field goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Duck View Post
                            Maybe not so much in light of the fact that, in spite of how bad our run defense was, our offense was even worse. We had zero playmakers. Zip. Nada. Zilch. For a team as bad as this, getting a playmaker was equally as important as getting a run-stuffer:

Detroit L-21-36 Oakland did not score in the first half.

At Denver L- 20-23 Scored three points in the first half.

Kansas City L 10-12 Shut out in the first half.

At Tennessee L 9-13 Shut out in the second half.

Texans L- 17-24 Shut out in the first half.

Bears L- 6-17 Just two field goals.
                            I wouldn't be bragging about beating KC last season. That game was with no LJ. I believe Kolby Smith had a great outing against you guys. 150 yards and 2 TD's if I remember correctly

Comment

Oakland and KC fans trying to give each other a hard time about bragging about beating each other's teams? I've been told that there's always further to fall in life, but never thought I'd find the bottom here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                                So you're betting the Broncos don't win more than 8 games?
                                Sure Kaylore. I'll bet a one month sig that Denver wins 8 games or less this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X