• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 400HZ View Post
    San Diego 13-3
    Denver 8-8
    Oakland 6-10
    Kansas City 6-10
    I'd put SD at 11-12 wins but completely agree outside of that.

I don't think anyone outside of SD will be consistent enough to sweep a div. rival...

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7 View Post
      Tamba Hali sucks.
      I don't think he sucks but he's clearly not worth the 1st round pick.

He's played with about 3rd round talent so far. Average starter, nothing special...

Comment

Originally posted by rovolution View Post
        400 and boltaneer, i respect your opinions but lets take a look at the Chargers.

I noticed Jamal Williams, who i considered the best player on your defense for many years and the man who makes your 3-4 go, really had a down year in my mind. Hes missed some time last season and Father Time is catching up to him, yet you have no viable replacement for him if he goes down IMO.

Even Chargers fans will admit Marcus McNeil regressed last season after his outstanding rookie year. Kyle Vanden Bosh destroyed him last season in the regular season matchup. I dont know whats wrong with him, but he needs to get back that mental edge he had in 2006 when he had the broken hands, because the talent is there without a doubt.

And I still dont see a solution to your glaring RT problem.

Plus i dont believe Phillip is the answer at QB.

Again, i believe you will probably go 6-0 or 5-1 against the AFC West, but your competition is not us.

Its the Patriots, Colts, Jags, and Browns and when i compare your team those 4, especially the Jags, who i feel will be the AFC representative in the SB this season,
        I feel the road to the SB will be a difficult one for you.
        Those are fair concerns. Jamal Williams played in top form the first few games of the season, but battled a series of injuries (hyper-extended elbow, high ankle sprain, and a double knee scoping) down the stretch. He's 32. I don't know if his skills have really eroded, but it's going to be harder for him to stay healthy. The Chargers need some luck there for sure.

McNeill got off to a rough start, but after that game where Vandenbosch smoked him he really stepped his game back up. During the last 6 games of the year he gave up 0.5 sacks. At the Pro Bowl he acknowledged that he was very dissatisfied with the way he began the season. I think he hit the classic sophmore slump.

At right tackle, Jeromey Clary is ok. His run blocking isn't great, but his pass protection is above average and he's a developmental type guy with upside. L.J. Shelton added some decent depth.

My biggest concern this season is our run defense, which wore down at times last year. Jamal Williams staying healthy would be a huge boost, and I think Anthony Waters will unseat one of our MLBs for a starting position and add a more physical presence on the field. Maybe we'll get a full season out of Luis Castillo, too. If we have problems, I've heard a little bit about a situational 46 defense. Our corner play has been phenomenal lately, so I think that could be a legit solution if we have trouble. It bugged the hell out of me last year when Cottrell refused to load the box when we were getting run on. Eric Weddle's versatility will pay off huge if this actually gets implemented.

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
        there's a big difference between 6 and 10 wins. it's hardly a prediciton, giving yourself a 5 game spread over a 16 game season.
        Eight wins for Denver. I think they have more potential upside or downside than anybody else in the division, though.

Comment

I don't see Cutler's health as a issue at all for the Broncos. Diabetes is a very controllable disease and he's going to be monitored all the time. It's a none issue.

As for the Charger's weaknesses, there aren't many. Fact is, they are the most talented team in the NFL man for man.

(I hate to toot my own horn but I told everyone on this board three year's ago, when Marty was still coaching, that the Charger's are sick with talent).

But, the argument can also be made that the Charger's window of opportunity is rapidly closing. One or two injuries, and the wheels can fall of the wagon. Norv Turner is not a good HC, period.

Let's take a scenario: LT goes down with an injury leaving River's as the de facto offensive leader. Well, he starts tossing INT's and the team starts struggling. Next thing you know, they go on a 4 game losing streak and ole Norv can't seem to right the ship because he is not a leader....

Very possible. Unlikely, but possible.

Comment

Also, LT can't be in top form forever. 400+ touches a year every year have to catch up to him sometime. The Chargers can't seem to stay healthy all year, and they're lucky that this hasn't hurt them as much as it would other teams, like Denver.

Comment

Den 19-0
              SD 11-5
              Oak 7-9
              KC 5-11

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

Let's take a scenario: LT goes down with an injury leaving River's as the de facto offensive leader.
                Ask Peyton Manning about that.

Comment

He'd probably ask Kenton Keith about that.

Besides, I didn't know Peyton Manning actually faced Rivers one on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
                    I don't think he sucks but he's clearly not worth the 1st round pick.

He's played with about 3rd round talent so far. Average starter, nothing special...
                    He's been pretty decent, but remember he was hurt all of last year and he had more sacks than Jared Allen in 2006. I still think he gets double digit sacks

Comment

Wow, do I have to be the first one to do it.........

Denver 11-5
                      San Diego 10-6
                      Faiders 7-9
                      Qweefs 5-11

Comment

Why? Rivers is no Peyton Manning.

Comment

Denver 11-5
                          San Diego 8-8
                          Oakland 7-9
                          Kansas 6-10

I know a lot of people don't like this but I don't give a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan2438 View Post
                            Wow, do I have to be the first one to do it.........

Denver 11-5
                            San Diego 10-6
                            Faiders 7-9
                            Qweefs 5-11
                            You were the first one to put "Faiders" and "Qweefs"!

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                              To be honest, I see teams running all over the Faiders this season. The Faiders were... 31st in rush defense. Dorsey would have made their defense top 5 no doubt.
                              Wow... Dorsey must be the greatest NFL player of all time. Apparently, there is "no doubt" he singlehandedly would have made the worst run defense into a Top 5. Is it within the rules to elect him to the NFL Hall of Fame before he's ever played a down?

Comment

Well hell, you predicated 11. Let's do 8, my original guess. 8 or less.
                                So you're betting the Broncos don't win more than 8 games?

Comment

Working...
                                X