AFC West Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 400HZ View Post
    I would love to see you with a Phillip Rivers special on the bottom of all your posts, though.
    Then let's do 7 wins. If you would put money on 6-10, 7 is hardly a big bet with no money involved. If the Broncos win 8+ games I get rights to your sig for a month. If not, you own my sig for a month.

Comment

Come on...

Comment

I agree with 400 in that Denver could be a 6-10 win depending on how many times the ball bounces their way, especially when they can have four easy wins against KC and Oakland this year but I haven't been impressed with any additions to the team outside of Clady and Casey Wiegman for depth. Marlon McCree is a decent pickup but he appears to be a stop gap type of player until you can upgrade him.

As bad as Denver's linebackers were last year I don't think they guys you picked up are an improvement. Throw in the fact that your stud WR might not do anything this season, you're probably going to be playing a rookie kicker in place of your hall of fame kicker, Scheffler continues to be plagued with injuries (no surprise there), your QB is going to be battling a terrible disease and you brought in a busted DT as the answer to your D-line problems, I have no problem projecting six wins for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
          Then let's do 7 wins. If you would put money on 6-10, 7 is hardly a big bet with no money involved. If the Broncos win 8+ games I get rights to your sig for a month. If not, you own my sig for a month.
          Well hell, you predicated 11. Let's do 8, my original guess. 8 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
            your QB is going to be battling a terrible disease
            I hate to admit it, but this is an extremely good argument. Jay didn't catch the diabetes until after last season, and I'm personally very worried about how he'll cope.

Comment

Denver 8-8
              San Diego 7-9
              Oakland 6-10
              Kansas City 6-10

I have San Diego going 7-9 based on the ball bouncing the other way against them all season. You know, they have a lot of injury concerns.

See how ludicrous that sounds?

Boltaneer, your explanation, simply, is retarded. You make it sound like Cutler will be taking snaps while battling Parkinson's Disease.

Comment

san diego 11-5
                denver 10-6
                oakland 6-10
                kansas city 4-12

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  Albert doesn't have the measurables to play left tackle. He isn't quick enough. You're talking about a guy who played guard in college and you want to put him on the blind side of your QB to completely re-learn a position? I hope you guys try that against us. If they really want to play him at tackle, I suspect they try him at RT first and see how he does outside. Even if Clady works out, that still leaves one side of your line that isn't any good and a hole filled interior.

That won't last long. He'll play have some marginal success and then be out football in a couple of years. He's following the same process every other power back has that goes over 400 carries. First they go 400 carries, then they get hurt the following year. Then they come back for one marginal year. Then they are benched and out of football. I watched LJ run last year and even before his injury he wasn't the same player and you know it.
                  Basically Charles has to break out because you have one average guy. Are you really expecting your undrafted free agent to contribute? You're not the Broncos. While on paper your depth looks good, no one there scares me.

So a guy with limited playing time coming of a torn up knee is the answer?

Will Franklin isn't very smart. He also doesn't have great hands. He's also kind of raw. You are telling me that you honestly believe that he's going win the the number two receiver spot on your team?

Yes it is deep. However the quality of that depth isn't very good. Wesley was better than Pollard. A rookie corner on the other side isn't going to help a now very aged Pat Surtain.

They also have just as many holes. It will take another draft like this one before you guys can start being competitive again.

Dorsey will help your interior, but you lost Allen which will show. Hali isn't going to do well. He already had a major threat on the other side and even with more one-on-one situations he only managed 7 sacks. Now he's the guy and it will be very easy to shut him down.

As for your line, it is now a bunch of unproven's and unknowns. Albert is a great prospect - at RT or Guard. That has more to do with running the ball than getting a new RB. It's a good thing Croyle is mobile, but it's not good that he's so injury prone.

And what about your special teams? Your kicker is and return game is terrible.

I just don't see it. You guys would have to have everyone you brought in work out for your team to get 8 wins. For a pretty unlucky franchise that's expecting a lot. If I were a Chiefs fan I would just trust the plan. Expect a bad season on paper next year with the understanding that we were building toward something better in the long term and in two or three years we could be a good team.
                  Actually scouts raved over Albert. He has the mean streak and his best quality is his feet. He moves well in space. I think he has the measurables but lacks experience. The reason he didn't play LT in college was because Virginia's coach wanted the 5 best OL on the field at the same time. They have a real talent at LT who could only play LT. Albert played G because he is very flexible. We'll have to see how he does in preseason. As of right now he's lining up at LT.
                  I know LJ looked bad last season, but not all of that was his fault. It didn't help when our horrible RT and RG didn't get any push. I think that Charles is gonna be underrated and could take over if LJ doesn't perform.

The OL has 3 solid starters IMO. Waters, McIntosh and Albert. RG scares the hell out of me. We'll have to see about Rudy though. He looked better than Weigmann out there last season.

And I don't think you know just how much KC hates Greg Wesley. He bites at everything. The TD pass that Cutler threw to Graham off the bootleg at Arrowhead was a perfect example. Always biting and out of position. I would like to take my chances with younger players who could get better instead of dealing with Wesley who never will.

KC has a few good kickers competing for the job. Novak and Barth. K is a problem for both KC and DEN right now.

As for Franklin, he had somewhat questionable hands, but so did Bowe. He has to prove himself.

The return game doesn't worry me at all. We picked up BJ Sams to compete and we drafted Kevin Robinson. He's returned 8 kicks for TD's. He returned one in the shrine all star game too. I like what he's capable of. Robinson, like Royal, will have to prove themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tch6O29kbaQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhuad...eature=related

One last thing is Hali. I think you are seriously understimating what he can do. He was hurt all of last season and still put up good numbers. Now he is going to be right next to Dorsey and on the right side where he doesn't have to deal with blocking TE's. I'm predicting that he gets at least 10 sacks this season.

Overall I think KC is heading in the right direction. It will take another year maybe two to get the team gelled together. I'm not expecting a good year, but going 6-10 or 7-9 would go a long way
                  Last edited by KCStud; 05-26-2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I tried to talk Jay into retiring the other day, so he'd have a couple years to spend with his family before tragically expiring. He refused, thankfully.

Comment

Tamba Hali sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
                        I agree with 400 in that Denver could be a 6-10 win depending on how many times the ball bounces their way, especially when they can have four easy wins against KC and Oakland this year but I haven't been impressed with any additions to the team outside of Clady and Casey Wiegman for depth. Marlon McCree is a decent pickup but he appears to be a stop gap type of player until you can upgrade him.

As bad as Denver's linebackers were last year I don't think they guys you picked up are an improvement. Throw in the fact that your stud WR might not do anything this season, you're probably going to be playing a rookie kicker in place of your hall of fame kicker, Scheffler continues to be plagued with injuries (no surprise there), your QB is going to be battling a terrible disease and you brought in a busted DT as the answer to your D-line problems, I have no problem projecting six wins for them.
                        I agree with you to a point. I have a higher regard than you for the players
                        that the Broncos have brought in, but it is going to take some time to gel, IMO.

Where I take issue the most with you is your implication that Cutler's play
                        will deteriorate because he is "battling a terrible disease." This is not the case.
                        I see no problem with that whatsoever, provided Cutler responsibly regulates
                        his blood sugar, and he has given all signs that he will.

Type I diabetes has never held an athlete down if the athlete has decided it
                        will not. Billie Jean King played with it and became the #1 women's tennis
                        player in the world. Wade Wilson played QB in the NFL for 15 years with it.

Moreover, Type I diabetes has run in both sides of my family (why I don't
                        have it is a mystery), so I am familiar with it. Provided it is regulated, the
                        patient can live a long, happy, successful, "normal" life.

Anyway, Cutler's disease is not a factor, and he is headed to stardom, much
                        to the chagrin of dolts fans, I'm sure.

Regarding the Chargers, I don't see a leader there in the proper places. Their
                        choking last year is going to take a toll on them . . . SD has never been able
                        to stomach being on top for long.

The Raiders flashed the cash on their way toward their fall. You would have
                        thought the corpse would have learned by watching how the Broncos brought
                        in all those has-beens for big money, but, much to my glee, he didn't.

The Chiefs made out like a bandit in the draft, and the talent level is much
                        higher than it has been for a couple years. They will give some teams trouble
                        here and there, but many of their players have to mature, and the team has
                        to gel.

For the Broncos, see the previous paragraph on the Chiefs. The Broncos do
                        have more talent than the Chiefs . . . not to mention a quarterback . . . but
                        they have some gelling problems to go through.

So here is how it looks to me (although I haven't studied the teams'
                        respective opponents very closely, so this is just for kicks):

Denver 10-6
                        SD 10-6
                        KC 7-9
                        Oak 6-10

Denver will win the tie-breaker since SD will come in overconfident, and
                        Denver will have a chip on their shoulders from last year. The first game will
                        be a shock to SD. In the second game, SD will know more what to expect,
                        but will win only by a close margin because Denver will be gelling by then.

(I hear crow tastes better with a little Spike seasoning on it.)

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Bowlen View Post
                          I tried to talk Jay into retiring the other day, so he'd have a couple years to spend with his family before tragically expiring. He refused, thankfully.
                          The betes is just horrible to have. I am shortening Diabetes because the betes makes it sound more like one of those ailments from 1723 that boltaneer thinks Cutler has.

Comment

there's a big difference between 6 and 10 wins. it's hardly a prediciton, giving yourself a 5 game spread over a 16 game season.

Comment

400 and boltaneer, i respect your opinions but lets take a look at the Chargers.

I noticed Jamal Williams, who i considered the best player on your defense for many years and the man who makes your 3-4 go, really had a down year in my mind. Hes missed some time last season and Father Time is catching up to him, yet you have no viable replacement for him if he goes down IMO.

Even Chargers fans will admit Marcus McNeil regressed last season after his outstanding rookie year. Kyle Vanden Bosh destroyed him last season in the regular season matchup. I dont know whats wrong with him, but he needs to get back that mental edge he had in 2006 when he had the broken hands, because the talent is there without a doubt.

And I still dont see a solution to your glaring RT problem.

Plus i dont believe Phillip is the answer at QB.

Again, i believe you will probably go 6-0 or 5-1 against the AFC West, but your competition is not us.

Its the Patriots, Colts, Jags, and Browns and when i compare your team those 4, especially the Jags, who i feel will be the AFC representative in the SB this season,
                              I feel the road to the SB will be a difficult one for you.
                              Last edited by rovolution; 05-26-2008, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
                                there's a big difference between 6 and 10 wins. it's hardly a prediciton, giving yourself a 5 game spread over a 16 game season.
                                Not only that, its in the meaty part of the bell curve.

Comment

Working...
                                X