• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denver 11-5
    San Diego 10-6
    Kansas City 4-11-1
    Oakland 3-13

Comment

1. Denver 11-5 .... Selvin young comes into his own , Clady , Big Year from D.J.Williams
      2. K.C. 10-6 .. problems on Offense , but I suspect the KC Defense will be around this year ...
      3. Chargers 9-7 , I got faith in Norv to screw up Seriously though they have a pretty rough schedule this year
      4. Raiders 6-10 ..... J. Russel isnt the Answer ...

Comment

Originally posted by ApaOps5 View Post
        Boltaneer come on you are a logical and good Chargers fan. Putting Denver at 6-10 is ludacrous. First of all Shanahan rarely has back to back losing seasons and doesn't regress.

I am not going to be all homer and say 13-3 but 10-6 to 8-8 is more realistic.
        6-10 is only one win less than Denver posted last year. What's so ludicrous about that?

Comment

Originally posted by 400HZ View Post
          6-10 is only one win less than Denver posted last year. What's so ludicrous about that?
          Pretty much everything.

Comment

you see us at 6-10 ....... why is that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
              you see us at 6-10 ....... why is that ?
              I put down 8-8, but if the Broncos get some bad breaks this year, 6-10 isn't unfeasible at all. I think your offense is going to be a mess if Brandon Marshall can't overcome his nerve damage quickly enough. Without him, all you really have is a slew of players better suited for #3 roles and a pretty good pass catching tight en...oops, he's got health issues again, too. I think you can appreciate the concern there. Defensively, we'll see. Slowik? He does not have a good track record. Robertson might be a good addition, but how often do these first round bust injury concern guys pan out for you guys? I don't think 6 wins is unreasonable. On the flip side, if the sticks fall your way 9 or maybe even 10 isn't unreasonable, either. Right now though, there is no way that I'd be putting money down on the Broncos.

Comment

I put down 8-8, but if the Broncos get some bad breaks this year, 6-10 isn't unfeasible at all. I think your offense is going to be a mess if Brandon Marshall can't overcome his nerve damage quickly enough. Without him, all you really have is a slew of players better suited for #3 roles and a pretty good pass catching tight en...oops, he's got health issues again, too. I think you can appreciate the concern there. Defensively, we'll see. Slowik? He does not have a good track record. Robertson might be a good addition, but how often do these first round bust injury concern guys pan out for you guys? I don't think 6 wins is unreasonable. On the flip side, if the sticks fall your way 9 or maybe even 10 isn't unreasonable, either. Right now though, there is no way that I'd be putting money down on the Broncos.
                Any team with bad breaks can go 6-10. I make my choices based on a normal scenario. There is no way I see Denver regressing. They improve albeit maybe not as fast as some of the ADD fans would like.

Here is why:

The O-line while still a big question mark gets its gusto back with Hamilton fully recovered, Nalen back leading, and a young LT with great ability.

The Defense is definitely going to be improved. Bates defense was not bought into by all the players. That and they abandoned it and had to learn on the fly. Now with slowik running his real D they should be better. Foxy on the radio said its a much better defense for the guys. But its blitz heavy so the line has to get a push so the QB can't pick and chose.

WR is where things could spell doom. Marshall absolutely has to come back and be effective. My worries about him aren't that won't heal but that he won't come back mentally. Just a year ago Shanny had to force him out to practice after his hamstring injury. If he starts thinking about the hand the ability goes away.

So I say 10-6 based an easier schedule and Cutler being healthy and in his 3rd year of the program.

But it could slide to say 9-7 or 8-8 and worse.

But for that not to happen Robertson and the line have to make an impact for once. The rookies from last year have to make that next step. The LB has to be better period. DJ back to Will is great. Boss at Sam we will have to see. I think Koutivedes will be a pleasant surprise at the Mike slot. He apprenticed under the best and the biggest compliment I have heard is he is a beast on special teams. Meaning he goes balls to the wall all the time. Gold well we all know about that he wasn't balls out very much in the end and he earned his cut. There is also a pretty decent rookie MLB laying in wait who some say might be the next starter. Corners are going to play their style which I think will cause Bailey to be resurgent in his numbers again. The Safety position thats still lacking. Lynch is older and Hamzah Abulla still has work to do. We might see the rookie a lot sooner.

So there are a lot of what ifs. But the team hopefully fixed their draft debacles and are building a competitive team that will peak in the next year or two. But we aren't going 12-4 or 11-5 this year unless it just all clicks at once and we get some breaks.

One big problem is we lost Elam to Atlanta and their spending spree. Its absolutely vital the line gets push in the red zone and come away with 7 because with such questions in the kicking game you do not want to rely on 4 game winners by an unknown.

Its a season of ifs and buts. Which is probably why ESPN has us at 23. But I gurantee we will rise well above that number.
                Last edited by theAPAOps5; 05-26-2008, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I see , well you have your reasons , when I judge a team WR is the last thing I look at , but we are all different , Me I start with the Tight End , work my way to Full Back ,then HB , to Left Tackle on down , then I take a look at the defense , it all begins in the middle even in your 3-4 scheme , losing Al Wilson was a huge blow for us last year , I have seen D.J. Williams mature and grow, but adding Boss Bailey will help , we wont have a shut down defense , but we will hold our own .... That leaves me with Cutler ...Now that he is on treatment for his Diabetes , I do expect a huge difference in his game ,specially late in the year ..any hoo like I said we all judge teams different

Comment

Originally posted by ApaOps5 View Post
                    Any team with bad breaks can go 6-10. I make my choices based on a normal scenario. There is no way I see Denver regressing. They improve albeit maybe not as fast as some of the ADD fans would like.
                    I don't mean random-type bad breaks, I mean categorically there are a lot of significant issues hanging in the balance.
                    a) Coaching - Bob Slowik has a pretty dismal record as a coordinator. At least Bates had some street cred as a game planner, even if his scheme was a failure in Denver.

b) Offense - Nalen and Hamilton are back, yes, but one guy is 37 years old and the other is coming off an injury that some people never recover from. Even if they come back strong, they don't fit in all that well with the new, bigger line that Shanahan seems to be building. With Clady getting acclimated, it might well be another transition year for your front five. Kudos to Shanahan for heavily investing in this unit, though... it definitely needed to be done. Elsewhere, Cutler shouldn't be affected by his diabetes on the field, but with a disease that scary, there is always potential trouble. At Wideout, we talked about Marshall. He's a game changer. Who's going to be #1 if he can't get back on the field. Heck, who's going to be #2 even if Marshall does make it back? Jackson and Colbert are probably the best options, but they haven't been real impressive lately.

c) Defense - Transition in the front 7. Transition at safety. Recent changes might work out favorably, they might not. I think there are a lot of question marks here. Can Dumervil be effective against the run? Can Marcus Thomas improve? Can Robertson stay healthy? Can Moss make an impact? Can Ekuban make a full recovery at his age? Will Boss Bailey play better in Denver than he did in Detroit? Is Koutovides any good? How will DJ Williams respond to another position change? Who's going to start at safety?

d) Special Teams - Shanahan obviously likes Eddie Royal as a returner, but your kicking game appears to be in shambles right now. Getting issues resolved here is huge. I remember watching Paul Ernster whack 14 yard punts last year and saying to myself, "Are these guys for real?"

By the law of averages, some of these issues will resolve themselves favorably and some will not. Depending on which way it leans, I think anywhere from 6 to 10 wins is possible.

Comment

Wow. Ok Boltaneer and 400HZ I'll make sig bets right now that the Broncos win more than 6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                        Wow. Ok Boltaneer and 400HZ I'll make sig bets right now that the Broncos win more than 6 games.
                        Well like I said, my money would be on 6-10 wins right now. I'd make a bet on 9 or fewer. Maybe Boltaneer will take you up on 6.

Comment

Well like I said, my money would be on 6-10 wins right now. I'd make a bet on 9 or fewer. Maybe Boltaneer will take you up on 6.
                          You would put money on 6 wins and you won't make a sig bet with me on 6? Come on. Let's do it right now.

Comment

SD 12-4

Denver 8-8

KC 6-10

Oakland 4-12

Comment

You would put money on 6 wins and you won't make a sig bet with me on 6? Come on. Let's do it right now.
                              I said I would put money on between 6 and 10.

Comment

I would love to see you with a Phillip Rivers special on the bottom of all your posts, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X