AFC West Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    Chief fans that want to throw out all of Croyle's mistakes last year because his team wasn't good, aren't being honest with themselves or the people here. The fact is that Croyle made a lot of high and behind throws - especially over the middle, and he made some bad reads that were not a result of pressure. He isn't that accurate. That won't stop Chief fans from blaming every mistake he's made on the other guys, though. He's actually Joe Montana with a stronger arm and just needs some help and it will all look great!
    Considering the horrible circumstances that Croyle was put in yes I do think it was very difficult for him to have success. I thought he did well for the situation he was in.

I saw Cutler make a few bad throws himself last year and in 06 when he first started. It happens with most young QB's. A lot of young QB's make bad reads because they force throws. Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning, Brodie Croyle, Vince Young, Phillip Rivers. I've seen all of these young QB's make the same mistake.

And Croyle apparently being injury prone was not as big of a question mark as his OL. Huard was hurt so many times last season and he weighed 220.
    Croyle was interviewed by 38sports and he said he has put on 10 pounds in the offseason and is now in the 217-220 area

All aside I expect much better results from him this season just like everybody else

Comment

• Originally posted by KCStud View Post
      I saw Cutler make a few bad throws himself last year and in 06 when he first started.

Did I miss the breaking news that Brodie Croyle played a season of NFL football with diabetes?

Comment

• Lets lay it down like this....

Broncos 15-1 (one loss is to the Chargers)
        Chargers 12-4
        Raiders 7-9
        Chiefs 4-12

Broncos lose in AFC championship to Tennessee Titans

Super bowl
        Titans 14
        Cowboys 31

Comment

• The Chargers are still the best team in the division.

And unless we turn this defense around we might end up coming in second in the division again

Comment

• Nice bumps today, yoda!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
              KC should be able to do better than 6 wins. I think the Chiefs will win about 9 this year.
              Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by 400HZ View Post
                Sure Kaylore. I'll bet a one month sig that Denver wins 8 games or less this year.

UH-OH!

Comment

• I haven't lost hope, yet. One dimensional teams are prone to slippages.

Comment

• It's not all that inconceivable that Denver can be 12-1 or 11-2 after 13 games this season.

We should be able to beat Kansas, and then after that we have 3 games that are going to be tough but at the same time very winnable. I'd not expect us to win all 3, but we should win 1 or 2 of them. These 3 games could be key to our season.

So I'd guess we're either 6-1 or 5-2 going into the bye.

6 games after the bye are home to Miami, Kansas and Oakland, with road games against Atlanta, The Jets and Cleveland. No reason whatsoever we shouldn't be beating all those teams, particularly if our D can show some sort of improvement and get comfortable in the scheme. Obviously upsets happen and we can't play well every week, but anything less than 5 wins from those 6 games would be a disappointment.

After that, things toughen up with a tough 3 game stretch to finish the season, and my concern is that we'll sort of stumble into the playoffs and not be in good form and go out early.

Anyway, point is that if we can get to the bye with no more than one defeat then I can see us leading the AFC for periods of the season, even though I don't think we're ready and will be found out in the playoffs.

Although momentum can be a wonderful thing, get to Week 15 with a 12-1 record under our belts and this team could be buzzing with confidence and you never know...

Though I just hope we can beat the Chiefs, for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 400HZ View Post

I haven't lost hope, yet. One dimensional teams are prone to slippages.
                      You should have looked at our schedule before you made the bet. How's our "crappy offense" look now?

Comment

UH-OH!
                        Maybe that ought to be his sig. Maybe along with "Phyllis sucks."

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                          KC should be able to do better than 6 wins. I think the Chiefs will win about 9 this year.
                          ooops

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlas View Post
                            ooops
                            That's not fair...SoCal seems to have been traumatized by a Chief fan at some point in his life and he ALWAYS seems to over rate them. There are two things I always expect from him, to be unhappy about the low number of draft choices we have accumulated, and concerned about the power that are the chefs

Comment

• Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                              Considering the horrible circumstances that Croyle was put in yes I do think it was very difficult for him to have success. I thought he did well for the situation he was in.

I saw Cutler make a few bad throws himself last year and in 06 when he first started. It happens with most young QB's. A lot of young QB's make bad reads because they force throws. Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning, Brodie Croyle, Vince Young, Phillip Rivers. I've seen all of these young QB's make the same mistake.

And Croyle apparently being injury prone was not as big of a question mark as his OL. Huard was hurt so many times last season and he weighed 220.
                              Croyle was interviewed by 38sports and he said he has put on 10 pounds in the offseason and is now in the 217-220 area

All aside I expect much better results from him this season just like everybody else

Congratualtions. You made about 100 posts in this thread and for the first time ever. You were 100% wrong on all of them!!

Comment

You should have looked at our schedule before you made the bet. How's our "crappy offense" look now?
                                I think it's fundamentally a mistake to look at a teams schedule and predict their W/L based on that. Teams come out of nowhere every year in the NFL and teams fall off. The constant on a team is its talent level. Denver got some instant impact rookies, which are a fairly rare commodity, and the talent upgrade has had a ripple effect on the whole offense.

We'll have to wait and see if your offense can continue to carry the team. Plus, Hochuli and Gramatica won't be there every week.

Comment

Working...
                                X