Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ugly Duck View Post
    One picture is worth a thousand words of bullshiet:

So, how many games are the faid gonna win this year, with the slim Russell?

Comment

• At least you freely admit that you don't have an original thought in your head and require other people to think for you. SOP for Raider's fans I suppose.

Comment

• Not gonna make any predictions but you have to take into account that JC played last season with dibeties. We've improved both lines, i'd say at a minimum we have average lines on both sides, compaired to last year it's an improvement, so to say 6-10 is flat out dumb unless we have another injury pleagued season...if i had to take a guess i'd say 10-6...MAYBE 11-5, no better though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
          Oakland ranks fifth in the NFL in DVOA against the pass, but dead last — by an enormous margin — against the run. [/I]
          DVOA? Huh? In real stats like they list at NFL.com, Miami was last in run defense. Oakland was last in rush yards per play at 4.8. Thats only like 7 inches worse than the Broncos (2nd worst in the league). Thats the Denver Broncos who gave up 4.6 yards per rush.... just inches better than the lowly Raiders. No way is that an "enormous margin." You guys were wallowing in the worst-against-the-rush cellar right there with Oakland.

Comment

So, how many games are the faid gonna win this year, with the slim Russell?
            As I said earlier, Oakland has too many new players on the team for people to estimate how they'll do. Gotta wait for the dust to settle before anyone knows whats there. However, I don't buy in to the assumption that spending a lot of money on offseason acquisitions neccesarily makes a team worse (hard to get worse than we were last season). Bad as the Raiders were, they still beat KC & Denver last time they played 'em. Also, Oakland had a tough Stength of Schedule (.516) last year. This time, they play a .395 strength of schedule up until December. Don't know enough yet to predict.

Too many unknowns:
            Jamarcus Russell 1st-round pick at QB
            Darren McFadden 1st-round pick running & receiving
            DeAngelo Hall 1st-round pick from Atlanta at CB
            Javon Walker 1st-round pick from Denver at WR
            William Joseph 1st-round pick from the Giants at DT
            Kwame Harris 1st-round pick from SF somewhere on the O-line
            Michael Bush running & receiving
            John Wade from the Bucs at Center
            Drew Carter from Carolina at WR
            Kalimba Edwards from the Lions at DE
            Greg Spires from the Bucs at DE
            Edgerton Hartwell long-time backup to Ray Lewis at LB
            Gibril Wilson from the Giants at SS allowing Michael Huff to move to FS
            Michael Huff at FS

Comment

DVOA? Huh? In real stats like they list at NFL.com, Miami was last in run defense. Oakland was last in rush yards per play at 4.8. Thats only like 7 inches worse than the Broncos (2nd worst in the league). Thats the Denver Broncos who gave up 4.6 yards per rush.... just inches better than the lowly Raiders. No way is that an "enormous margin." You guys were wallowing in the worst-against-the-rush cellar right there with Oakland.

Comment

We're not talking about the Broncos run defense, we're talking about the faiders lousy defense. The faid had the chance to draft Dorsey to improve the crappy defense, and took McFadden, when the running game was the only bright spot on the team.

Even if the faiders offense is better this year, the defense still stinks.

Comment

• lol...someone pimped Kwame Harris?

Comment

• Only the trolls are keeping this dumb thread going. Strange they need something from the Broncos fans, huh? Wonder what it could be

Comment

• Denver 16-0
                      SD 0-12-4
                      Oak 0-12-4
                      KC 0-12-4

Comment

Even if the faiders offense is better this year, the defense still stinks.
                        Heck... with all the additions and changes - we don't really know that yet. Which was the point of my post. We don't know how much DeAngelo Hall will improve the secondary. We don't know if William Joseph will improve the defensive tackle play. We don't know how much Kalimba Edwards and Greg Spires will help Derrick Burgess at defensive end. We don't know how much Edgerton Hartwell will help at linebacker. We don't know how much Gibril Wilson will improve the stong safety position. We don't know how much Michael Huff moving back to his natural position at free safety will help out. That is hella changes... nobody knows if we'll still stink.

Comment

• Originally posted by rovolution View Post
                          Too bad Lane wanted to give him the axe and Rob wanted to get out of his contract and go to the NY Jets to join his old buddy Mangini.

I love the FO and Coaching tensions in Jokeland!!!
                          Have you seen our DC joke the last 4 years? Yes, Faiders have problems, but I am concerned if our D is going to be much better to get over the hump and make the playoffs. Faiders just want to be .500 . Regardless of where our goals are for the season, we have to wonder what Defense will work in Denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                            Are you serious? I'm not even close to that optimistic about this team. But it's not about the wins for me this year. It's about seeing our young player progress. If we lose 10 games but see Brodie Croyle make alot of progress the it was a good season to me.
                            The Chiefs have a lot of young talent on paper but it won't manifest itself this year. They'll have good games and others look like total sh!t They'll be defense heavy most likely Top 10 with mediocre play on offense. One thing for certain is that I wouldn't overlook them on the schedule. Too young to contend for the division. This year.
                            6-10 to 8-8 at best.

Comment

One picture is worth a thousand words of bullshiet:

UD, You're forgetting that he'll have a month off before TC starts. I hope the Raiders have assigned a guy to knock the Cheeto's out of his hand during vacation.

Comment

• My highly uninformed predictions:

SD: 11-5

Their tough schedule will slow them down. However, their defense is still top 3 in the NFL. Their O-Line is great, they still have LT, and their receiving corps is superb. The only(and I do mean only) thing that I take issue with here is Norv, but if he can keep up what he did last year, they should keep up the status quo.

DEN: 10-6

I'll be the first to admit that we need to have some luck to get here. Clady needs to be at least decent. Either Colbert or Jackson need to step up. Scheffler needs to be healthy. We NEED a solution at MLB, be it someone on the roster, a training camp cut, or having DJ move back to MLB. Robertson needs to be healthy, and we need to turn thins around on special teams. Having said all that, I have faith. Cutler is the real mother****ing deal. We are deep at RB and across the O-Line. Having Dewayne should help the run defense, which allows Champ to keep his eyes on the QB and not the RB, which should mask some of our weakness at S. Not to mention that our entire O-Line is returning with the exception of Lepsis, who was flat out bad last year. I think Clady can do better than he did. I think the biggest question for us, however, is if Niko and DeWayne can improve our Run D enough. That's what it'll come down to.

KC: 6-10

Ultimately, I don't think Croyle is a starting QB. This is a young team with some real strengths, but there are major, MAJOR concerns here. I think LJ is done. Maybe not in terms of him actually playing, but he is not the LJ of old. He'll be average to good this year. While I think that Albert will be a good LT, I don't think it will happen this year. LT is a position that rookies don't usually succeed at, even when they've been playing it their entire collegiate careers. RG and C are big questions, and I'm still not a buyer of the Damien McIntosh brand. I think your D-Line won't be a problem, and will grow into a strength. CB is a HUGE question mark. Surtain wasn't exactly shutting anyone down last year, and I have no faith in anyone else who will be back there. I think the Chiefs are essentially the antithesis of the Broncos...Passing Game and Pass Defense are the big question marks here...Why don't I think you'll do better, though? For almost every problem on the Broncos roster, we have a solution. Some of the solutions aren't great, but they're there, and have a decent shot at working. The Chiefs have problems with no solution. A team in rebuilding(I must say, they're doing a bang-up job on the rebuilding effort, but they need a QB).

OAK: 5-11

Should have taken Dorsey. The running game in Oakland was fine(at least, in terms of backs), and they spend a 4th overall pick on McFadden. Oy-vey. I don't quite know what to think of JaMarcus, but I do know that wherever it is that he's going with his career...He isn't going to be there this season. Maybe he will be a great QB, but I doubt very much that he'll be one this season. The Oakland O-Line has taken steps, but it's still a big-time weakness. I think that DeAngelo Hall is overrated, but he should do fine as a #2 CB. I think that Huff and Wilson will make for a very average safety tandem. In the defensive trenches, though, lies more problems. Huge, gargantuan problems. Burgess was rumoured to be getting cut at one point this offseason, and I suppose it could still happen. Warren and Howard are basically the only competent players here. I don't really think I need to justify my lack of faith in the Oakland Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                                X