Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC West Standings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raiders 5-11. This team is going to regress. The FO is a shambles. The O will actually get worse despite all the dreaming going on in Faiderland (you have a rookie QB that in the best of times would give you a losing season, forget with this team and its lousy D [their good D was two seasons ago, that is why they fired the D coordinator]).
    Huh? Rob Ryan is still our DC and has been since 2004

    Comment


    • To be honest, I see teams running all over the Faiders this season. They lost Warren Sapp to retirement and that's really gonna hurt them
      .

      Warren Sapp was a terrible run defender.


      I think them drafting McFadden over Dorsey was a huge mistake. Dorsey would have made their defense top 5 no doubt.
      No he wouldn't have.


      Raiders' opponents' running backs' gains:

      Negative: 33 for -71
      0-2 yards: 142 for 181 (.8 YPC)
      3-4 yards: 88 for 303 (3.4)
      5-9 yards: 85 for 572 (6.7)
      10+ yards: 59 for 1107 (18.76)

      Half of the Raiders rushing yards were allowed on plays not involving the DT, but rather involving Schweigert dryhumping a running back who broke into the secondary. If we cut that nearly 20 YPC on long runs in half and the S actually tackles the guy after 9 or 10 yards, that would result in 25% fewer yards allowed overall.




      The Faiders were also 6th in the NFL in rush offense and 31st in rush defense. They have an impressive Justin Fargas and highly rated Michael Bush.

      Fargas has never gone a season without getting hurt and Bush has never played and has injury concerns of his own.

      Comment


      • Faiders are gonna flat out stink this coming season. Faid fans can sugar coat it all they want but J. Russell is a fat slob, the offensive line is questionable at best, the running game has depth and was, perhaps, the best part of the offense, so what does Davis do? He drafts McFadden.

        The defense has overspent on a head case at CB, Huff is good and Ed. Hart is a nice pick up but the defensive line is nothing special. The LBs, aside from Hartwell, are mediocre at best. The secondary is has two good players.

        Kiffen is in a bad situation and Al is too cheap to fire him. Right there you've got a front office at odds with the HC. Also, you've got the perennial azz kisser, Rob Ryan, sucking Al's unit (probably behind Kiffen's back) so he can take over the team once Kiffen get's canned.

        It's a schit hole franchise that will not win more than 6 games.

        Comment


        • Half of the Raiders rushing yards were allowed on plays not involving the DT, but rather involving Schweigert dryhumping a running back who broke into the secondary.

          Comment


          • Warren Sapp was a terrible run defender.
            Ah, gotta love Raiders revisionist history.

            Hint: You don't get to be one of the top 5 DTs of all time and a sure fire first ballot hall of famer by being a "terrible run defender."

            Comment


            • here I go

              SD 11-5
              Denver 10-6
              Raiders 7-9
              Kc 5-11

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sixtimeseight View Post
                Ah, gotta love Raiders revisionist history.

                Hint: You don't get to be one of the top 5 DTs of all time and a sure fire first ballot hall of famer by being a "terrible run defender."
                http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...y-counts/5682/

                Comment


                • So just to recap:
                  1. You guys did the right thing drafting a running back because the other two really suck.
                  2. Your run defense sucked because Sapp, a defensive tackle, wasn't good at defending the run.
                  3. Wait, actually it wasn't the defensive tackles at all, but was in fact your safeties not tackling - even though you just said your D-tackles sucked and those same defensive tackles that "had nothing to do with run defense sucking" were allowing the running backs get to the secondary that was the "real problem."


                  Whatever you say, dude!

                  Comment


                  • Wow, your brilliant. Did you read the entire story? Here's the last two paragraphs which pretty much sum up the entire faider's defense:

                    Sapp plays, basically, like the Raiders’ defense as a whole. Oakland ranks fifth in the NFL in DVOA against the pass, but dead last — by an enormous margin — against the run. I have always been a fan of the way Raiders defensive coordinator Rob Ryan’s players get after the quarterback, but that was because they were able to apply pressure while still being fundamentally sound against the run. That’s not the case anymore. Sapp is the most obvious culprit, but in addition to Sapp, the Raiders’ defensive backs have become one-dimensional. Last year the Raiders’ secondary would play aggressively against the run and make big plays, often with a safety in the box. Now they’ll line up with eight in the box and get run over. Safety Stuart Schweigert had a particularly bad effort trying to stop White Sunday.

                    In his Monday Morning Quarterback column this week, Peter King called White his offensive player of the week. But as Football Outsiders commenter Yaguar pointed out, you could almost always give the offensive player of the week award to a running back who plays against the Raiders. Sapp isn’t the only reason for that, but he’s such a liability against the run that he’s hardly worth having on the field at all, except in obvious passing situations. That the Raiders are using Sapp as an every-down player explains why they are the worst run defense in the league.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      So just to recap:
                      1. You guys did the right thing drafting a running back because the other two really suck.
                      2. Your run defense sucked because Sapp, a defensive tackle, wasn't good at defending the run.
                      3. Wait, actually it wasn't the defensive tackles at all, but was in fact your safeties not tackling - even though you just said your D-tackles sucked and those same defensive tackles that "had nothing to do with run defense sucking" were allowing the running backs get to the secondary that was the "real problem."


                      Whatever you say, dude!
                      Sapp was terrible. Since he's only a 3 technique guy he forced us to play Tom Kelly out of position at DE.

                      Schweigert as the 8th guy in an 8 man front defense is a recipe for disaster since he can't tackle. On the 12.5% of running plays that the DB's had to make the tackle, the opposition gained nearly 50% of their yards. I really don't feel like breaking down other teams, but imagine sticking Schweigert on the Colts and removing Bob Sanders, and you'd see the same result.

                      Gibril Wilson was the 2nd leading tackler on the Giants last season. Their defense was pretty good, no?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Raider Bill View Post
                        Huh? Rob Ryan is still our DC and has been since 2004
                        Too bad Lane wanted to give him the axe and Rob wanted to get out of his contract and go to the NY Jets to join his old buddy Mangini.

                        I love the FO and Coaching tensions in Jokeland!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Raider Bill View Post
                          Their defense was pretty good, no?
                          They have guys like Tuck, Strahan, and Osi on the front 4.

                          You have Burgess and a pile of overpaid crap.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Raider Bill View Post
                            Sapp was terrible. Since he's only a 3 technique guy he forced us to play Tom Kelly out of position at DE.

                            Schweigert as the 8th guy in an 8 man front defense is a recipe for disaster since he can't tackle. On the 12.5% of running plays that the DB's had to make the tackle, the opposition gained nearly 50% of their yards. I really don't feel like breaking down other teams, but imagine sticking Schweigert on the Colts and removing Bob Sanders, and you'd see the same result.

                            Gibril Wilson was the 2nd leading tackler on the Giants last season. Their defense was pretty good, no?
                            Except you don't run a Tampa Cover 2.

                            Comment


                            • Wait...Kaylore let me get this straight because I don't want to put words in your mouth. Do you think the Broncos will be 11-5 this season?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                                J. Russell is a fat slob
                                One picture is worth a thousand words of bullshiet:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X