Official UFC Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
    She's very very cute when she smiles - lights up the room. But I think Tate is hotter.

Comment

Dang!!

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/12...-suspended-ufc

Comment

It's a different sport and I love me some Rousey. Just wish she wouldn't do this.

http://espn.go.com/espys/2015/story/...al-espy-awards

Comment

Aaaaannnnd god damn Rhonda!

Comment

I don't get the appeal of paying $50 to watch the main eventer win in less than a minute. It's a waste of money. Rousey has a long amateur background while her opponents don't. That's why she dominates, because she doesn't have any experienced opponents. It's dull. I guess it's good for Dana White that she's around since the male fighters have begun fighting boring, risk averse fights the last few years. UFC is in trouble once Rousey loses or retires.

Comment

Yeah would never pay to watch that fight, I knew it'd be over in 2 mins or less.

Thanks internet!

Comment

Last 3 fights 16, 14, and 34 seconds she's one bad biitch

Comment

The card better be stacked or people will stop buying her fights. Rousey vs Tate III isn't a good main event. Unless it's with Cyborg, Rousey fights need to be a co-main event at best.

Comment

Several of the undercards were really good if its any consolation for pay per view. Thing is, I want to see her destroy her opponent and so of I pay, I get what I want for my money. Tyson biting off Holyfield's ear and Mayweather and Paq would be times I would have felt ripped off if I had purchased pay per view.
                    Last edited by D.B.; 08-01-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
                      I don't get the appeal of paying $50 to watch the main eventer win in less than a minute. It's a waste of money. Rousey has a long amateur background while her opponents don't. That's why she dominates, because she doesn't have any experienced opponents. It's dull. I guess it's good for Dana White that she's around since the male fighters have begun fighting boring, risk averse fights the last few years. UFC is in trouble once Rousey loses or retires.
                      That is absolutely a bunch of BS. The UFC has been gaining fans over the years, and growing quite fast, even before Ronda came along, and will keep growing long after she's gone. It's just much more entertaining then boxing is. I for one, used to love watching boxing matches all the time, and not just the heavy weights. But now that I've been watching MMA for a good 10 years now, I can barely watch 2 rounds of boxing before I'm channel hopping. What Ronda is doing is obviously great for the UFC, but I honestly think women's MMA is getting more and more popular because guys like to watch chicks fight. It's kinda cool. Rousey or no Rousey, I love when the ladies get after it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                        That is absolutely a bunch of BS. The UFC has been gaining fans over the years, and growing quite fast, even before Ronda came along, and will keep growing long after she's gone. It's just much more entertaining then boxing is. I for one, used to love watching boxing matches all the time, and not just the heavy weights. But now that I've been watching MMA for a good 10 years now, I can barely watch 2 rounds of boxing before I'm channel hopping. What Ronda is doing is obviously great for the UFC, but I honestly think women's MMA is getting more and more popular because guys like to watch chicks fight. It's kinda cool. Rousey or no Rousey, I love when the ladies get after it.
                        I couln't agree more, but I would say Rousey does have extra appeal beyond just being female fighter. She is special. She is like watching Tyson in his prime. She's all business, pounces and destroys in seconds. Who would have thought a few years ago the most compelling fighter in and ring would be a women, but she is.

Comment

If the card isn't stronger people will stop buying Rousey fights. Rousey is incredible, helluva fighter but her division stinks and that sucks for her and the UFC. I for one wasn't interested in watching two old Nogs, Bigfoot or Struve fight. I haven't bought any Rousey cards since Rousey vs. Tate II and I only got that card mainly for Silva vs Weidman. Hopefully they'll throw another title fight on her next card.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
                            It's simple. She is utterly dominant and you will watch for two reasons. To see her continue her domination or to see the first time she is defeated and to watch that history being made.

Most of the women Rousey has fought have a pretty long professional and amateur background in fighting. Rousey has Olympic experience in judo but she had to fully round out her game to become great.

She has adapted her style from strictly submission and being averse to standing up and striking to being able to take her opponents greatest attribute and beat them while utilizing it.

Comment

The scary thing is she's only going to get better and better with her hands and her ground game is just insane I don't see anyone who can beat her

Comment

Best I could find

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Jf0BzK9xW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X