No announcement yet.

Official UFC Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was an awesome fight. I swear that was the fastest submission I've ever seen. Bruce Lee once said "I'm not afraid of a man that knows 10,000 kicks. I'm afraid of the man that has practiced 1 kick 10,000 times." Ronda has practiced that arm bar 10,000 times from 10,000 positions. Wow, just wow.

Comment

Cat is the KC Chiefs of women's MMA...

Comment

Ronda is a beast. For some reason I want her to pin me to the mat.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
          Ronda is a beast. For some reason I want her to pin me to the mat.
          Just don't give her an arm.

The stuff she dropped on Zingano in 14 seconds was pretty incredible from a technical perspective. Zingano was so scared of giving up her back that she rolled right into an arm lock. Unbelievable.

Comment

I dont know jack about UFC, but is the UFC's most interesting fighter a woman? Sure seems it. Pretty cool.

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l4UhqVgiRNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                I dont know jack about UFC, but is the UFC's most interesting fighter a woman? Sure seems it. Pretty cool.
                She's basically Royce Gracie circa UFC 1-3, that's how large the gap is between Rousey and the other female fighters, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                  <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l4UhqVgiRNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                  She missed that opening knee and it was the beginning of the end. Next comes the throw, then the scramble and ding ding....

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                    Cain, Pettis and Silva are definitely great fighters to watch also. Despite a couple recent injuries to some of the top fighters, Rousey is legit. She just comes in there like the freaking Terminator.

Comment

Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
                      Cain, Pettis and Silva are definitely great fighters to watch also. Despite a couple recent injuries to some of the top fighters, Rousey is legit. She just comes in there like the freaking Terminator.
                      As a sports fan, im aware of them, but don't really know much about them. Those dudes seem interchangable to me. Ronda seems like a star.

Comment

Ronda is very well promoted by the UFC and thus has name recognition from a casual fan but I'm not sure if top star would be the right wording. I mean after all she wasn't even supposed to be the main event of this card, it took an injury in the other fight for her to move up from the co-main.

Don't get me wrong, she's for sure a big star but I'm not sure if I could say she is the biggest star.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                          She's basically Royce Gracie circa UFC 1-3, that's how large the gap is between Rousey and the other female fighters, IMO.
                          I wouldn't say that. Royce was fighting guys that out weighted by 50-70 lbs. If that were true She'd fight Cyborg. I'd compare Rousey ability vs. competition to the height of Anderson Silva. Silva had fights vs. guys that didn't even deserve to be in the same octagon as him getting a shot at the title.

Comment

When they are up fighting Rousey takes a lot of shots it's once they go to the mat she dominates

Comment

It's probably been said 100x already but the women's aspect of the UFC generating any kind of news only helps.

I haven't watched a UFC PPV in 4 years and I now want to see this...

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HuFFE_lOGsU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X