X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZONA
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    I dont know jack about UFC, but is the UFC's most interesting fighter a woman? Sure seems it. Pretty cool.
    Well she's up there that's for damn sure. Before Silva lost twice, I would have said he was the best, with Jones a close 2nd. Now I think Jones and Rousey are the most dominant figures in the sport.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    Originally posted by oubronco View Post
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l4UhqVgiRNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I recommend watching that entire clip. Those guys break it down really well, all possible scenarios. They said Cat did the exact right thing once they were on the mat and it would have worked against every single fighter out there except 1. That's how well trained Ronda is.

I honestly think the only person who's gonna have a lagit shot at beating her is some amazing striker. Somebody who just has amazing kicks and punches. Almost like a female Anthony Pettis or something.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    I kind of hate when people use a qualifier for something like this.
    Rousey is trying to be the best and she is. She cannot help that most of the people she fights are not in her league. She has to fight who they put in front of her and the goal is to win.

Leave a comment:

• Smiling Assassin27
    replied
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HuFFE_lOGsU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Rausch 2.0
    replied
    It's probably been said 100x already but the women's aspect of the UFC generating any kind of news only helps.

I haven't watched a UFC PPV in 4 years and I now want to see this...

Leave a comment:

• oubronco
    replied
    When they are up fighting Rousey takes a lot of shots it's once they go to the mat she dominates

Leave a comment:

• UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
    replied
    Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
    She's basically Royce Gracie circa UFC 1-3, that's how large the gap is between Rousey and the other female fighters, IMO.
    I wouldn't say that. Royce was fighting guys that out weighted by 50-70 lbs. If that were true She'd fight Cyborg. I'd compare Rousey ability vs. competition to the height of Anderson Silva. Silva had fights vs. guys that didn't even deserve to be in the same octagon as him getting a shot at the title.

Leave a comment:

• DHallblows
    replied
    Ronda is very well promoted by the UFC and thus has name recognition from a casual fan but I'm not sure if top star would be the right wording. I mean after all she wasn't even supposed to be the main event of this card, it took an injury in the other fight for her to move up from the co-main.

Don't get me wrong, she's for sure a big star but I'm not sure if I could say she is the biggest star.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
    Cain, Pettis and Silva are definitely great fighters to watch also. Despite a couple recent injuries to some of the top fighters, Rousey is legit. She just comes in there like the freaking Terminator.
    As a sports fan, im aware of them, but don't really know much about them. Those dudes seem interchangable to me. Ronda seems like a star.

Leave a comment:

• Enter The Dragon
    replied
    I dont know jack about UFC, but is the UFC's most interesting fighter a woman? Sure seems it. Pretty cool.
    Cain, Pettis and Silva are definitely great fighters to watch also. Despite a couple recent injuries to some of the top fighters, Rousey is legit. She just comes in there like the freaking Terminator.

Leave a comment:

• Smiling Assassin27
    replied
    Originally posted by oubronco View Post
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l4UhqVgiRNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    She missed that opening knee and it was the beginning of the end. Next comes the throw, then the scramble and ding ding....

Leave a comment:

• Smiling Assassin27
    replied
    She's basically Royce Gracie circa UFC 1-3, that's how large the gap is between Rousey and the other female fighters, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• oubronco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Smiling Assassin27
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
    Ronda is a beast. For some reason I want her to pin me to the mat.
    Just don't give her an arm.

The stuff she dropped on Zingano in 14 seconds was pretty incredible from a technical perspective. Zingano was so scared of giving up her back that she rolled right into an arm lock. Unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X