Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiling Assassin27
    replied
    MSN's flavor of the month as to who might beat Ronda is Holly Holm. They're insane.

Rousey after knocking out Correia: 'Don't cry...'

I guess that's what Correia was telling Ronda at the weigh ins/promos.

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    She's just much better than everyone she's faced. She works harder, fights harder.

She's really the one paving the way for the person that will beat her. If she doesn't hang them up before her successor has the chance.

Buy rates wise... Monthly UFC PPV is just too much IMO.

Leave a comment:

• oubronco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
    You had Bones Jones rising to that level until he refused to fight Sonnen as a replacement and UFC had to cancel an event. Once that happened his appeal was nerfed. GSP, Spider Silva before he got knocked loopy by Weidman and Jones before he went WWE heel on UFC fans were top draws.

Brock Lesnar is still the unmatched king for UFC PPV drawing power.
    If CM Punk can do anything in MMA then he will help their buy rate.
    His first fight might set records for them, if he wins then he will be a huge draw.
    They def need guys to string along some dominant wins. As far as popularity, I always do the mom test. If my mom knows who you are, you're a real crossover star. My mom knows who Ronda rousey is.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    As someone who is a big sports fan, but not an mma fan, the only interesting person in the sport is rousey. I've heard plenty of names over the years, but none seem to stay on top (or are interesting enough) to be a cross over star. Partially, this is unavoidable due to a lack of history and trying to create a foothold in a really crowded market, but for the good of mma, I think people should want rousey to mow through a few more chicks before she's really challenged. Her popularity and notoriety continue to grow. Let her reach legendary status before someone cuts her down. When it comes to these sorts of sports, people like greatness.
    You had Bones Jones rising to that level until he refused to fight Sonnen as a replacement and UFC had to cancel an event. Once that happened his appeal was nerfed. GSP, Spider Silva before he got knocked loopy by Weidman and Jones before he went WWE heel on UFC fans were top draws.

Brock Lesnar is still the unmatched king for UFC PPV drawing power.
    If CM Punk can do anything in MMA then he will help their buy rate.
    His first fight might set records for them, if he wins then he will be a huge draw.

Leave a comment:

• Bronc0guy
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
    replied
    Originally posted by ant1999e View Post
    I'd rather pay to watch her in a 36 sec knockout than watching one guy chase another around the ring for 12 rounds.
    Bingo!

Leave a comment:

• UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
    replied
    Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
    Thanks man. That was brutal!!!
    The shot to the ear put her the efff out.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
    That all depends on if he beats Aldo. If he beats him then he will be a mega watt draw. If he loses it will stop his momentum a bit.
    As someone who is a big sports fan, but not an mma fan, the only interesting person in the sport is rousey. I've heard plenty of names over the years, but none seem to stay on top (or are interesting enough) to be a cross over star. Partially, this is unavoidable due to a lack of history and trying to create a foothold in a really crowded market, but for the good of mma, I think people should want rousey to mow through a few more chicks before she's really challenged. Her popularity and notoriety continue to grow. Let her reach legendary status before someone cuts her down. When it comes to these sorts of sports, people like greatness.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
    The biggest draw is going to be Conor McGregor. And the great thing about the UFC there are always new comers that will show up and shine
    That all depends on if he beats Aldo. If he beats him then he will be a mega watt draw. If he loses it will stop his momentum a bit.

Leave a comment:

• elsid13
    replied
    Originally posted by Castinkas View Post
    Who doesn't like watching her? I think the gripe is that the division is so weak that she has no competition. 34 seconds for $60? No thanks. And her next fight will be against someone she has destroyed twice? No thanks.
    The only good thing unlike boxing you do get 5 to 6 other fights for the money. But this was weak card and should have been on Fox.

Leave a comment:

• elsid13
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
    I don't get the appeal of paying $50 to watch the main eventer win in less than a minute. It's a waste of money. Rousey has a long amateur background while her opponents don't. That's why she dominates, because she doesn't have any experienced opponents. It's dull. I guess it's good for Dana White that she's around since the male fighters have begun fighting boring, risk averse fights the last few years. UFC is in trouble once Rousey loses or retires.
    The biggest draw is going to be Conor McGregor. And the great thing about the UFC there are always new comers that will show up and shine

Leave a comment:

• Beantown Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Castinkas View Post
    34 seconds for $60? No thanks.
    You sound like the hooker I tried to pick up the other night.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
    Bethe sealed her fate when she made the comment about suicide a few months ago.
    I was stunned Rousey didn't just torture for a round and then knock her out.

People need to learn to stop talking before fighting Rousey.

Leave a comment:

• Enter The Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by oubronco View Post
    Best I could find

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Jf0BzK9xW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X