Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official UFC Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
    ummm...no one can hold on to any belt not just the women (besides Lawler and Mighty Mouse)

    Rousey won't be coming back now that Miesha got beat...she doesn't want anything to do with Nunes or Holm. She knows she can beat Miesha.
    If Bones Jones would get his head out of his ass he would likely be holding onto the belt for a long time. But I digress.
    It's like they overlook their current opponent and only see the next big pay day.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
      If Bones Jones would get his head out of his ass he would likely be holding onto the belt for a long time. But I digress.
      It's like they overlook their current opponent and only see the next big pay day.
      No they are just not that dominant lots of holes.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
        ummm...no one can hold on to any belt not just the women (besides Lawler and Mighty Mouse)

        Rousey won't be coming back now that Miesha got beat...she doesn't want anything to do with Nunes or Holm. She knows she can beat Miesha.
        Holm vs Nunes would be a damn good fight. I agree. I hate when people who don't know fighting just bash the women when plenty of men can't hold the belt either. It doesn't mean they suck, it means that's how good the competition is. Lest we not forget, it's still fighting and all it takes is the right shot at the right time and it's over. Look how dominating Aldo was for years and he got taken out in 13 seconds vs McGreggor. That doesn't mean Aldo suddenly sucks just because he lost a fight. OMG, some people are just retarded.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ZONA View Post
          Holm vs Nunes would be a damn good fight. I agree. I hate when people who don't know fighting just bash the women when plenty of men can't hold the belt either. It doesn't mean they suck, it means that's how good the competition is. Lest we not forget, it's still fighting and all it takes is the right shot at the right time and it's over. Look how dominating Aldo was for years and he got taken out in 13 seconds vs McGreggor. That doesn't mean Aldo suddenly sucks just because he lost a fight. OMG, some people are just retarded.
          Holm should of beaten Miesha. I think it was a fluke.
          Miesha is overrated. Not a great wrestler, not a real good striker.
          The fight between Holm and Shevchenko is suppose to be good.
          I really like Pena, her dominance over Cat was impressive.

          UFC 200 was a little disappointing because of Jones pull out. There wasn't that big time fight. You big time event featured Miesha and her first defense with an unknown challenger. You co main event featured a big guy who is terrified of getting hit. All he does is lay and pray. Fight was boring. Feel bad for Hunt though as he couldn't capitalized when they were standing.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
            Holm should of beaten Miesha. I think it was a fluke.
            Miesha is overrated. Not a great wrestler, not a real good striker.
            The fight between Holm and Shevchenko is suppose to be good.
            I really like Pena, her dominance over Cat was impressive.

            UFC 200 was a little disappointing because of Jones pull out. There wasn't that big time fight. You big time event featured Miesha and her first defense with an unknown challenger. You co main event featured a big guy who is terrified of getting hit. All he does is lay and pray. Fight was boring. Feel bad for Hunt though as he couldn't capitalized when they were standing.
            Agreed. Holm was beating Tate soundly. I had here winning all 4 rounds and even the 5th round until the very end when she made the mistake. I don't know if I would say Tate is overrated. She's just got a different style then most. She relies on patience, toughness and grappling. All 3 of which she is fantastic at. She doesn't strike that well at all but here biggest hole is that her strike defense is really poor. Almost no head movement at all, she just plots around slowly, which makes an easy target. Nunes is the real deal. She is big for that division, she's a brutal striker and a great finisher. All of which Holm is but I believe Holm has much better endurance. I would LOVE to see Holm vs Nunes.

            Yeah, the DC and Spider fight was a joke. I knew it was a joke before it even happened. UFC 199 was a much better event then UFC 200. Hunt vs Lesnar was painfully dull. Personally, I still think Cain is the best Heavyweight there is. He isn't going to just plot around throwing 1 punch every minute like most of these guys. And who would have thought Browne would just tuck tail and hide from the bell. Jesus, did you sign up to fight or did you sign up to puss out and run, lol.

            I feel bad for Frankie. He's just stuck between two weight classes. Too small for where he is now, not long enough arms to really reach the best of those guys. Too slow for the weight below him. He's a stud, just neither class is a great fit for him.
            Last edited by ZONA; 07-11-2016, 12:39 PM.

            Comment


            • Change is coming:

              http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16...-unprecedented

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
                I heard rumors of this several months ago and it obviously went down. Wow, a 2 million dollar purchase turns into 4 billion.........now that's visionary for you. I don't really know how much change is coming. Dana is staying on as the main guy. The sport has grown (as you can see from the sales numbers) and it will continue to grow but you can't blame the brothers for selling when you're looking at that type of turn around. Boxing is dying a slow death and it's fans are pouring into the UFC by the millions every year. Even when I drive through the streets of Phoenix every day I notice less and less 'Karate' and 'Judo' centers and in their place are 'MMA' centers. Who knows, maybe these new owners will be looking at starting up their own MMA Network Channel.

                Comment


                • Talked to Mark Hunt at Disneyland today. Cool dude.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
                    Talked to Mark Hunt at Disneyland today. Cool dude.
                    If he would have won, he would have gone to Disneyworld.

                    Comment


                    • wow, now Lesnar has tested positive for an estrogen blocker. He tested positive and still fought.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                        Agreed. Holm was beating Tate soundly. I had here winning all 4 rounds and even the 5th round until the very end when she made the mistake. I don't know if I would say Tate is overrated. She's just got a different style then most. She relies on patience, toughness and grappling. All 3 of which she is fantastic at. She doesn't strike that well at all but here biggest hole is that her strike defense is really poor. Almost no head movement at all, she just plots around slowly, which makes an easy target. Nunes is the real deal. She is big for that division, she's a brutal striker and a great finisher. All of which Holm is but I believe Holm has much better endurance. I would LOVE to see Holm vs Nunes.

                        Yeah, the DC and Spider fight was a joke. I knew it was a joke before it even happened. UFC 199 was a much better event then UFC 200. Hunt vs Lesnar was painfully dull. Personally, I still think Cain is the best Heavyweight there is. He isn't going to just plot around throwing 1 punch every minute like most of these guys. And who would have thought Browne would just tuck tail and hide from the bell. Jesus, did you sign up to fight or did you sign up to puss out and run, lol.

                        I feel bad for Frankie. He's just stuck between two weight classes. Too small for where he is now, not long enough arms to really reach the best of those guys. Too slow for the weight below him. He's a stud, just neither class is a great fit for him.
                        Something about Tate that just says that she is just average. Again, not a great striker, not a great puncher, not great defense, not a great chin, not a great submission fighter. Not only that, most of her fights end up with her face completely smashed in.

                        Feel bad for Browne, the guy is stuck in a camp because of his GF. How bad is it when every camp out there talks about how bad their coach is.

                        Don't feel bad for Frankie, he just isn't good enough. Other fighters have passed him. Just like it happened to Penn, Iceman, Fedor, Shogun.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
                          wow, now Lesnar has tested positive for an estrogen blocker. He tested positive and still fought.
                          Well Brock's test came back after ufc200 while Jones' came back before ufc200

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DHallblows View Post
                            Well Brock's test came back after ufc200 while Jones' came back before ufc200
                            in this article, said he failed the first test on June 28 and failed the fight night test.

                            http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/reports...-jon-jones-did

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
                              in this article, said he failed the first test on June 28 and failed the fight night test.

                              http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/reports...-jon-jones-did
                              Right but failing on June 28 isn't the same as having his results back on June 28.

                              From your article:
                              Jones’ out-of-competition test was on June 16 whereas Lesnar’s came on June 28. Because the results of Lesnar’s test were not confirmed until July 14 – five days after UFC 200 – the ex-champ fought and won a decision over Hunt (12-10-1 MMA, 7-4-1 UFC). Hunt subsequently demanded the UFC award him all of Lesnar’s purse or grant him a contractual release.

                              I heard about Hunt demanding Brock's purse (the report I saw only said half his purse) or leaving the UFC. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DHallblows View Post
                                Right but failing on June 28 isn't the same as having his results back on June 28.

                                From your article:
                                Jones’ out-of-competition test was on June 16 whereas Lesnar’s came on June 28. Because the results of Lesnar’s test were not confirmed until July 14 – five days after UFC 200 – the ex-champ fought and won a decision over Hunt (12-10-1 MMA, 7-4-1 UFC). Hunt subsequently demanded the UFC award him all of Lesnar’s purse or grant him a contractual release.

                                I heard about Hunt demanding Brock's purse (the report I saw only said half his purse) or leaving the UFC. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.
                                lol, i didn't even see the second part of that article.

                                yeah, he wanted half the purse. But Hunt is a fighter, he wont leave the UFC. Remember when UFC wanted to buy out his contract and Hunt said he rather fight to earn his money. The guy wont leave the sport or the UFC.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X