Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niners and other fans discuss the Portis for Bailey trade

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...ad.php?t=26472

Saw this on Broncomania and brought it over here.

Get a load of the Redskin fan playing apologist. It's really pathetic the angle he takes to try and argue it was a wash.

I think that this was the second-best trade in Bronco history. The #1 is obvious.

I think that Champ will have been the best in NFL history by the time he hangs em up.

I'll give you Portis and a #2 for him. Heck, make that Portis and two #1's.

Comment

Skin fan should shut up already, you got screwed.

Comment

The funniest thing is that Bly kinda wanted to go to Washington. We sedated him with $ and I don't think he had ever been to Denver or our facilities. It's funny how they are whining how the secondary has sucked since Champ and Smoot left.

Just as we predicted Gibbs has run Portis in the ground and he dug a bigger grave with his rediculous Vick comments. He's not even a teammate.

Why didn't he just come out and say that drug dealing is fine if it's behind closed doors, that it's OK to carry a concealed weapon and have a fake kennel? Goodell was not amused.

Now we parlayed two busts into Bly, and snagged Travis after he was released pending an 8.3 million dollar roster bonus or whatever.

So we parlayed Portis into Champ, Bly and got Henry for virtually nothing except salary. 22.5 isn't too much for a proven back.

So IMO, it boils down to this: Portis, Tater and Foster for Champ, Bly and Henry.

When are they going to arrenst Sundy for rape?

Comment

Best comment in thread...

And Tatum Bell plus other scrubs got them Dre' Bly.

Who coincidentally wanted to be a redskin instead. The cycle is complete. .
          That's the funniest part!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosBeerMan View Post
            hahahaha, that is pretty good.

Comment

lol, good lord the Denial by the Redskin fan.
              Pure comedy.

Comment

For those with dialup ... my favorite exchange: It started with RedskinsFan saying the trade was "a wash." He got beat down by some very savvy 49er fans:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosBeerMan View Post
                  I agree, i stopped reading after that. That was all that needed to be said.

Comment

The one thing that bothers me about this trade is the majority of the media and fans outside of Denver think it was just Portis for Bailey. Everyone forgets we got a 2nd round pick(Tatum) who turned out to be an alright rb.

Comment

As much as we knock on Tatum we got some miles out of that guy and THEN have enough of a player to get Dre Bly.

Comment

The most desperate move was pulling out the "Bailey is a womanizer" rumor (and I'm sure Portis is the epitome of fidelity). Even if true, how in the world is that at all relevant to who got the better end of the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
                          The most desperate move was pulling out the "Bailey is a womanizer" rumor (and I'm sure Portis is the epitome of fidelity). Even if true, how in the world is that at all relevant to who got the better end of the deal?
                          I laughed at that one. He gets called for going off topic then tries to defend himself by saying he said it was just a rumor. Then why bring it up and what did it have to do with the topic? He was scraping the bottom of the barrel to try and prove his point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...ad.php?t=26472

Saw this on Broncomania and brought it over here.

Get a load of the Redskin fan playing apologist. It's really pathetic the angle he takes to try and argue it was a wash.
                            Wow!
                            Good find. Pretty entertaining stuff. That skin fan was in some serious denial man. That niner fan from denver put it all into perspective pretty well though.

Comment

Originally posted by watermock View Post
                              The funniest thing is that Bly kinda wanted to go to Washington. We sedated him with $ and I don't think he had ever been to Denver or our facilities. It's funny how they are whining how the secondary has sucked since Champ and Smoot left.

Just as we predicted Gibbs has run Portis in the ground and he dug a bigger grave with his rediculous Vick comments. He's not even a teammate.

Why didn't he just come out and say that drug dealing is fine if it's behind closed doors, that it's OK to carry a concealed weapon and have a fake kennel? Goodell was not amused.

Now we parlayed two busts into Bly, and snagged Travis after he was released pending an 8.3 million dollar roster bonus or whatever.

So we parlayed Portis into Champ, Bly and got Henry for virtually nothing except salary. 22.5 isn't too much for a proven back.

So IMO, it boils down to this: Portis, Tater and Foster for Champ, Bly and Henry.

When are they going to arrenst Sundy for rape?
                              Good post Mock.

I remember myself and many other Maners were predicting that he wouldn't last long in that system. It's rediculous that it was even thought by Gibbs that Portis could run well in that offense. He plainly doesn't. Sure he breaks a good run about once every 4 games or something. But wasn't he breaking one or two in our offense like every game?

Yeah, it was a rape. With no vasoline.

Comment

Working...
                              X