Osweiler next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osweiler next year?

Serious question. If Manning hasn't been hurt and this is what he is now, do we decide to part ways and go with Osweiler? It's the last year of his rookie deal, the window as SB contending w/ Manning has probably shut, maybe time to see what he can do for a full season and see if they should invest in him long term as their QB or not.

It would be a rough, rocky road with Oz starting, and the mane would be up in arms yelling, "What the f*** is this coaching staff thinking?!?!?! Fire everyone!!!!"

However, yeah, I think we should start Brock and see if he can really develop into a quality NFL QB. I mean, who else are we gonna go with?

Comment

Of course. There's no way you pay Manning $10M (let alone the $20M+he's due), and there's no way to get a QB at pick 28 (or whatever) that is more NFL ready than OZ.

Comment

Oh hell no!

I'd rather take my chances with Manning.

Comment

Osweiler - Dysert - Gary Kubiak

Comment

Oz is unproven. Best course of action is to stick with Manning, if he'll come back.

People will be screaming to start the Oz experiment, but the best chance is still with Manning.

Comment

You start with building a run game.

Draft offensive lineman, see potential grinders in free agency.

Comment

If manning wants to return you've got to be an idiot not to go with him.. Brock isn't aaron Rodgers and Peyton isn't farve. If Peyton is calling it a career I'm all for going with Brock cause the 1st overall next season would be a nice step towards getting a real franchise qb for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MABroncoFan View Post
                  Serious question. If Manning hasn't been hurt and this is what he is now, do we decide to part ways and go with Osweiler? It's the last year of his rookie deal, the window as SB contending w/ Manning has probably shut, maybe time to see what he can do for a full season and see if they should invest in him long term as their QB or not.
                  You've almost got to stick with Oz. He's worth a try.
                  Have you seen the list of stiffs available in the market for QB's?
                  I take Oz any day.
                  We also don't have a shot at drafting a good QB in the draft, saved for a longshot we found a Marino or a Brady in the late rounds.
                  Oz will be our QB should Manning retire, no question.
                  Last edited by strafen; 01-11-2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

One more year on Oz's rookie contract. Time to see what he can do. It would be stalling if they keep manning for another year. Manning isn't going to win another super bowl. Oz has been riding pine for 3 years and it's time. The Broncos need to move on from the Fox/Manning/Del Rio era. It was fun but the party is obviously over.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
                      Osweiler - Dysert - Gary Kubiak
                      ^This

I don't think Os is the answer, but it's clear that Manning/Fox/etal are not either. time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
                        Oz is unproven. Best course of action is to stick with Manning, if he'll come back.

People will be screaming to start the Oz experiment, but the best chance is still with Manning.
                        The best chance at what, exactly? A decent regular season, playoff flop, and a crappy draft pick?

Start OZ, if he turns out to be a baller, great. If he flails, get a top 10 pick.

Comment

What kind of a cap hit would they take cutting Manning?

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post

I'm done with Manning, was saying that weeks ago and got flamed for it.

I'd rather suck with a young QB with potential then suck with an aging decline QB that moves like my geriatric gramma post hemiplegic stroke.

Comment

Oz=0000

Comment

Working...
                              X