Packers vs Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
    You have to MAINTAIN control THROUGH contact with the ground, if you didn't make a football move. He caught the ball and got both feet down but was falling through the entire thing. Never made a football move. If he hadn't lost control at the ground contact he would have been down on the 6" line. But since he did he had no catch.

Easy call and correct one. And I'd rather Dallas had won.
    BS.

maintaining control before going out of bounds? yeah, i can see the value of the rule in that scenario.

he stayed in bounds and the ball never came out. it's a catch. he didn't fumble it. the rule is moronic.

Comment

You have to MAINTAIN control THROUGH contact with the ground, if you didn't make a football move. He caught the ball and got both feet down but was falling through the entire thing. Never made a football move. If he hadn't lost control at the ground contact he would have been down on the 6" line. But since he did he had no catch.

Easy call and correct one. And I'd rather Dallas had won.
      He made a football move, he could have just fell down but he instead stretched out toward the goal while maintaining possession with one hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
        He made a football move, he could have just fell down but he instead stretched out toward the goal while maintaining possession with one hand.
        Both hands came off the ball as he rolled into the end zone. How that is maintaining control I don't know. The only question is football move....Falling down,even if you are stretching out, is not a movement that shows much volition.

Comment

• Originally posted by strafen View Post
          GB-Seattle
          Should be a good one...
          no,..at some point Rodgers will just fall down grabbing his leg

Comment

• Tough loss for Dallas, especially with the Bryant catch/noncatch. Kind of a tricky call there, a tough one either way. I can only imagine the reactions if Bryant had fallen into the end zone where his elbow hit and the ball moved.

Comment

Both hands came off the ball as he rolled into the end zone. How that is maintaining control I don't know. The only question is football move....Falling down,even if you are stretching out, is not a movement that shows much volition.
              in the endzone, while on his back, where he'd already have been down by contact AND over the the goal line?

Comment

Working...
              X