Honoring the '77 Broncos ORANGE CRUSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honoring the '77 Broncos ORANGE CRUSH

Broncos’ 1977 Orange Crush defense to be honored during Colts game.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ts-game/31973/

Those expected to attend: head coach Red Miller; defensive backs coach Joe Collier; defensive tackle Rubin Carter; defensive ends Barney Chavous and Brison Manor; linebackers Larry Evans, Randy Gradishar, Joe Rizzo and Bob Swenson; defensive backs Steve Foley and Billy Thompson; and cornerback Louis Wright.

Ring of Fame linebacker Tom Jackson, the leader of the Broncos’ defense from 1973-86, will be featured on a recorded message during the tribute.

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 01-07-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

**** Yea hope they Dominate the Colts in their honor

Comment

It's nice to see that Red Miller is going to make it. I heard he's not doing too well these days.

Comment

Arguably one of the best defenses all time.....consider this, in SB XII the Broncos offense turned the ball over 7 times and only trailed 13-0

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
              Arguably one of the best defenses all time.....consider this, in SB XII the Broncos offense turned the ball over 7 times and only trailed 13-0
              That is remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
                That is remarkable.
                Add in that the Broncos went 12-2 that season despite -

[] their starting QB not throwing for 2,000 yards or 20 TD's

[] their leading rusher didn't have 500 yards rushing

Comment

That is really cool. Makes the game that much more exciting. Loving defense I really thought the Broncos had a chance to win SB XII. They were that good but the offense was just too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
                    That is really cool. Makes the game that much more exciting. Loving defense I really thought the Broncos had a chance to win SB XII. They were that good but the offense was just too bad.
                    That and they were also playing one of the best teams of that decade.

What truly hurt the Broncos was their OL was manhandled by Dallas DL.

Craig Morton was constantly harassed....he wasn't very mobile to begin with, but had a bruised hip that limited him even more. The move to Weese helped the Broncos close the deficit to 10, but his fumble was the final blow to Denver's hopes of a SB win

Comment

Craig Morton could hardly walk out to the huddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
                        Craig Morton could hardly walk out to the huddle.
                        He was a tough sum bi tch

Comment

Swenson, Rizzo, Gradishar and Jackson, My favorite all time LB corps.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                            Swenson, Rizzo, Gradishar and Jackson, My favorite all time LB corps.
                            Rizzo played college ball at The Merchant Marine Academy

Comment

I wonder if we will get a chance to see some of the tribute on tv. So many died too early from that team. Good to see some together.

Comment

Working...
                              X