Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Offense has actually gotten better since StL game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rausch 2.0
    replied
    I really don't get why Denver plays KC one way and the rest of the NFL different.

Denver vs. KC:

1) Negate the pass rush. Add an extra T. Run the ball. Quick passes.

2) Stop the run.

Tell me what AFC team this wouldn't work against?

What AFC team beats Denver if they negate the pass rush, run the football, and stop the run?...

Leave a comment:

• MagicHef
    replied
    Originally posted by pricejj View Post
    Eh, you're math is a little off. You're pre-StL and post-StL figures are higher than your season average. Re-do the math and post again.
    No, he's excluding the STL game. The STL game drags the season total down.

Leave a comment:

• Rausch 2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
    before and after

when our offense decided to take a change and PFM played worse
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied
    the broncos passing game has been terrible in the redzone since the Rams game

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
    one metric I like to look at is points per drive. This was brought to my attention last year in the Charger playoff game - it's not really about scoring points, it's about scoring more than your opponent. Both teams have a roughly equal number of possessions - within two anyways. So, what's really important is what you do with your possessions that count.

It doesn't really matter if a team can score in :30, or if it takes a 15 play, 8:00 drive, both drives end in a TD. The former leads to high-scoring shootout games, the later leads to low scoring, grind it out games. Both are good, and both can be dominant, it's not really fair to say that the former is better than the latter, so long as points are going on the board.

So, points per drive is probably the most important offensive metric to look at. The Broncos finished 2014 with 2.43, 4th in the league behind Green Bay (2.88), New England (2.59), and Dallas (2.47). League average is 1.93.

What is interesting is that the Broncos offensive efficiency went up after the Rams game. Despite the lack of high end of game scores, the Broncos were actually scoring at a higher rate than before.

Heading into the StL game, The Broncos were scoring at a 2.51 points/drive clip. After StL, they went run-heavy and points/drive actually went up to 2.66.

further, prior to the Rams game, the Broncos punted on average 4.9 times a game. After the Rams game, they punted 3.3 times per game.

I know it's easy to be concerned with the offense scoring in the mid 20s for consecutive weeks, especially after being spoiled with last years offense and multiple 40+ point games early on, but the fact is that the new run-centric offense is actually more efficient.
    Eh, you're math is a little off. You're pre-StL and post-StL figures are higher than your season average. Re-do the math and post again.

Leave a comment:

• mwill07
    replied
    Originally posted by MagicHef View Post
    If I'm reading his post correctly, he's not including the STL game in either category, it's weeks 1-10 vs weeks 12-17, excluding week 11 (STL) entirely.
    this is correct. Sorry if the thread title is ambiguous.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
    Still disappointed that Gase can't come up with a way to compliment the passing game with the run game. It's all of one or all of the other, which makes the play calling very predictable.

Another gripe I have with the no huddle is that we generally always seem to wait until under 5 seconds on the play clock to snap the ball, which basically negates the surprise element.
    Blasphemy! The offensive guru, genius Gase has an entire library of plays dedicated to the most excellent "bubble screen".

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied
    In related news, pretty much anything is better than being repeatedly kicked in the balls.

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Montomery and Vasquez are far better than ManRam and Clark.
    Imagine if Denver had a quality RT and Vasqeuz could go back to his normal All Pro position of G

Leave a comment:

• MagicHef
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    How could it not?
    If I'm reading his post correctly, he's not including the STL game in either category, it's weeks 1-10 vs weeks 12-17, excluding week 11 (STL) entirely.

Leave a comment:

• Atwater His Ass
    replied
    Still disappointed that Gase can't come up with a way to compliment the passing game with the run game. It's all of one or all of the other, which makes the play calling very predictable.

Another gripe I have with the no huddle is that we generally always seem to wait until under 5 seconds on the play clock to snap the ball, which basically negates the surprise element.

Leave a comment:

• ludo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
    Why is the STL game the measuring stick?

before and after

when our offense decided to take a change and PFM played worse

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
    Seemed like we started huddling a lot more right after the St. Louis game which i believe hinders Manning. It seems to **** with his flow. It also allows the other team to make substitutions so guys on the other side of the ball aren't as worn down. Wish we'd keep the same mentality as we have been since the St. Louis game but use the hurry up the entire game.
    Hurry up slows down the pass rush too. It makes all the sense in the world to go back to it.

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    How could it not?

Leave a comment:

• maher_tyler
    replied
    Seemed like we started huddling a lot more right after the St. Louis game which i believe hinders Manning. It seems to **** with his flow. It also allows the other team to make substitutions so guys on the other side of the ball aren't as worn down. Wish we'd keep the same mentality as we have been since the St. Louis game but use the hurry up the entire game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X