Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Offense has actually gotten better since StL game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    Someone posted this in the comment section of IAOFM. Take it for what its worth:

"As an expert in body mechanics, I'm very sad to say that the Manning is certainly dealing with an overuse injury to his inner thigh(s). He reconfigured his throwing motion post-surgery to generate power from his base, and specifically rotation from his inner thighs. This is why he looked so dynamic and more mobile at the beginning of last season.

The problem is that this is a fundamentally unsound mechanic, and eventually leads to repetitive stress injuries of the overworked muscles (in this case his thigh). We saw the result last year as he lost strength and mobility as the year progressed.

This year, the tipping point has been reached, and it seems that his thigh problem is getting worse every week no matter how much rest he gets. I'm sure we've all noticed how much less strength is in his throws recently, especially those quick outs to the sideline (when you need full rotational force). Also, look at his footwork- he is unable to push off his inner thighs and is much weaker stepping into the pocket.

This hasn't been terribly noticeable because it's a slow onset type of injury. But if you need proof, fire up any game from early last season and compare it to the past few weeks- it's rather obvious. This isn't 'age' or 'weather' but simply his muscles weakening from overuse.

It makes me very sad to say I think we've seen the last of Manning's greatness. It's possible he can rework his throwing motion again this offseason, but very unlikely. It was a tremendous project to rework his motion post-surgery, and this would require similar relearning.

All I can say is that I really hope I'm wrong. Sadly, my expertise won't let me ignore what I'm seeing."
    LMAO. "Inner thighs?" "Specifically rotation from his inner thighs"? LMAO, I can bag on Peyton all day, but "inner thighs" is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    Hurry up slows down the pass rush too. It makes all the sense in the world to go back to it.
    Eh, dunno if that is true. Use it in bursts, not constantly.

Leave a comment:

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
    one metric I like to look at is points per drive. This was brought to my attention last year in the Charger playoff game - it's not really about scoring points, it's about scoring more than your opponent. Both teams have a roughly equal number of possessions - within two anyways. So, what's really important is what you do with your possessions that count.

It doesn't really matter if a team can score in :30, or if it takes a 15 play, 8:00 drive, both drives end in a TD. The former leads to high-scoring shootout games, the later leads to low scoring, grind it out games. Both are good, and both can be dominant, it's not really fair to say that the former is better than the latter, so long as points are going on the board.

So, points per drive is probably the most important offensive metric to look at. The Broncos finished 2014 with 2.43, 4th in the league behind Green Bay (2.88), New England (2.59), and Dallas (2.47). League average is 1.93.

What is interesting is that the Broncos offensive efficiency went up after the Rams game. Despite the lack of high end of game scores, the Broncos were actually scoring at a higher rate than before.

Heading into the StL game, The Broncos were scoring at a 2.51 points/drive clip. After StL, they went run-heavy and points/drive actually went up to 2.66.

further, prior to the Rams game, the Broncos punted on average 4.9 times a game. After the Rams game, they punted 3.3 times per game.

I know it's easy to be concerned with the offense scoring in the mid 20s for consecutive weeks, especially after being spoiled with last years offense and multiple 40+ point games early on, but the fact is that the new run-centric offense is actually more efficient.
    That's actually pretty heartening to me.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Someone posted this in the comment section of IAOFM. Take it for what its worth: ...
    Wow. Unfortunately, very believable.

Leave a comment:

• Pick Six
    replied
    Originally posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
    I really don't get why Denver plays KC one way and the rest of the NFL different.

Denver vs. KC:

1) Negate the pass rush. Add an extra T. Run the ball. Quick passes.

2) Stop the run.

Tell me what AFC team this wouldn't work against?

What AFC team beats Denver if they negate the pass rush, run the football, and stop the run?...
    The Denver coaches acknowledge that KC's defensive line is very good at the pass rush. The Denver coaches ALSO see a weakness in the run defense (off left guard/left tackle). I've watched every Chiefs game, this year. Other teams have seen that same weakness, and ran the ball at will...

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Someone posted this in the comment section of IAOFM. Take it for what its worth:

"As an expert in body mechanics, I'm very sad to say that the Manning is certainly dealing with an overuse injury to his inner thigh(s). He reconfigured his throwing motion post-surgery to generate power from his base, and specifically rotation from his inner thighs. This is why he looked so dynamic and more mobile at the beginning of last season.

The problem is that this is a fundamentally unsound mechanic, and eventually leads to repetitive stress injuries of the overworked muscles (in this case his thigh). We saw the result last year as he lost strength and mobility as the year progressed.

This year, the tipping point has been reached, and it seems that his thigh problem is getting worse every week no matter how much rest he gets. I'm sure we've all noticed how much less strength is in his throws recently, especially those quick outs to the sideline (when you need full rotational force). Also, look at his footwork- he is unable to push off his inner thighs and is much weaker stepping into the pocket.

This hasn't been terribly noticeable because it's a slow onset type of injury. But if you need proof, fire up any game from early last season and compare it to the past few weeks- it's rather obvious. This isn't 'age' or 'weather' but simply his muscles weakening from overuse.

It makes me very sad to say I think we've seen the last of Manning's greatness. It's possible he can rework his throwing motion again this offseason, but very unlikely. It was a tremendous project to rework his motion post-surgery, and this would require similar relearning.

All I can say is that I really hope I'm wrong. Sadly, my expertise won't let me ignore what I'm seeing."
    If true, that would go a long ways towards explaining his issues the second half of the season. I hope it's not true, or, if it is, that a bye week will mitigate it.

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    The statistical problem with scenario #2 is that your probability of scoring goes down with every successive series. Then again, field position also gets factored in, and decreases your opponents probability of scoring, too.

That's why having an allstar defense is lethal when paired with an all star running back.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    Originally posted by tesnyde View Post
    How can Denver end with 2.43 , when going int STL with 2.51 and going up to 2.66 after STL?
    Because the Ram game is not in either the 2.51 or the 2.66 number, but it is included in the 2.43 one.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied

*IF* that's true I hope the bye week here can get him through the next 2 games and then the next bye week can get him through the SB. I don't doubt that he's had something injury-wise going on the last few weeks like the ankle last year, especially because of the early bye, but the rest will have him good to go. I don't believe it's chronic though. - I doubt Manning would be talking about playing in 2015 if it was true.

Leave a comment:

• Rausch 2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by tesnyde View Post
    How can Denver end with 2.43 , when going int STL with 2.51 and going up to 2.66 after STL?
    I don't know but I just read The Mothman Prophecies and your avatar creeps me all the fug out...

Leave a comment:

• D.B.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Punisher
    replied
    Bengals game showed how much Marshall was worth,@ Raiders Game showed how much CJ Anderson was worth and Rams Game change the whole Offense philosophy. Three key games the team learned from

Leave a comment:

• ludo21
    replied

I havent heard this said so well before.

It will be worth watching on Sunday as I have definitely given him the benefit of the doubt over the last few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied
    I wonder if he noticed how much less time Manning has in the pocket. (face palm)

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X