Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Offense has actually gotten better since StL game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wonder if it is hard to throw with your inner thighs when you only have 3 seconds to throw the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
      In other words, Manning is like a cheap 2-bit whore. Inner thighs weakened and sore from decades of overuse.
      awesome

Comment

I still think using the cinci game as some sort of barometer of peyton's arm strength is suspect because two of those bad throws came in a heavy rainstorm. Prior to that, he was slinging the ball around the field.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
          I still think using the cinci game as some sort of barometer of peyton's arm strength is suspect because two of those bad throws came in a heavy rainstorm. Prior to that, he was slinging the ball around the field.

also the INT returned for a TD was a jump throw. When Peyton is not able to plant his feet his passes floooooooooooooooooooooooooat!. It's been that way since the 2012 Atlanta game. When he has time to throw, his passes look fine.

Comment

If we could chart on the OMane...oh my nerds would congregate.

Speaking of charts, when is that version of php being released?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post
              The thing I do admire, even though it's driving me nuts, is that they stuck to their guns. Even when down.. even when the pace was obviously throwing Peyton off.. they stuck to their new gameplan, thinking that this was what we needed to win once we were in the playoffs.

So agree or disagree, they didn't give a token effort and give up. They stuck with it, and it did pay off. Now we'll see if it works in games that matter. If it does, people will be singing the praises of Elway, Fox and Co. Guess we'll see which way it goes. =)
              Yup. They needed some diversity in the offense, they gave it a test run, we'll see if and how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                Sit in a chair, using only your upper body, and throw the ball. See how far and how well you can throw.

Now, stand up, and using your whole body, see how far and how well you can throw.

Then come back and say you dont use your legs.
                You sure don't use your "inner thighs" to throw. Jesus, c'mon man.

Comment

All they need is a whole lot of this

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post

Ah, that was so beautiful, yeah, whole lot of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
                      I really don't get why Denver plays KC one way and the rest of the NFL different.

Denver vs. KC:

1) Negate the pass rush. Add an extra T. Run the ball. Quick passes.

2) Stop the run.

Tell me what AFC team this wouldn't work against?

What AFC team beats Denver if they negate the pass rush, run the football, and stop the run?...
                      Better yet what team ever loses when they meet all three perameters? Turnovers are about the only thing that would let a team lose that can do these 3 things.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
                        one metric I like to look at is points per drive. This was brought to my attention last year in the Charger playoff game - it's not really about scoring points, it's about scoring more than your opponent. Both teams have a roughly equal number of possessions - within two anyways. So, what's really important is what you do with your possessions that count.

It doesn't really matter if a team can score in :30, or if it takes a 15 play, 8:00 drive, both drives end in a TD. The former leads to high-scoring shootout games, the later leads to low scoring, grind it out games. Both are good, and both can be dominant, it's not really fair to say that the former is better than the latter, so long as points are going on the board.

So, points per drive is probably the most important offensive metric to look at. The Broncos finished 2014 with 2.43, 4th in the league behind Green Bay (2.88), New England (2.59), and Dallas (2.47). League average is 1.93.

What is interesting is that the Broncos offensive efficiency went up after the Rams game. Despite the lack of high end of game scores, the Broncos were actually scoring at a higher rate than before.

Heading into the StL game, The Broncos were scoring at a 2.51 points/drive clip. After StL, they went run-heavy and points/drive actually went up to 2.66.

further, prior to the Rams game, the Broncos punted on average 4.9 times a game. After the Rams game, they punted 3.3 times per game.

I know it's easy to be concerned with the offense scoring in the mid 20s for consecutive weeks, especially after being spoiled with last years offense and multiple 40+ point games early on, but the fact is that the new run-centric offense is actually more efficient.
                        this metric completely ignores TOs that turn into TDs for the opponents though, right? also kick/punt returns for TDs as well.

you can score more points per drive than your opponent (on average), but if they have more drives due to TOs or they get some cheap points directly off of TOs, you'll still lose.

seems to be the hole in the metric to me. at least on a game by game basis. or for the whole season if your QB is Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                          i wonder if it is hard to throw with your inner thighs when you only have 3 seconds to throw the ball.
                          has anybody made a Manning + kegels joke yet? if not, then i'm really disappointed in the Mane.

Comment

Originally posted by Gort View Post
                            this metric completely ignores TOs that turn into TDs for the opponents though, right? also kick/punt returns for TDs as well.

you can score more points per drive than your opponent (on average), but if they have more drives due to TOs or they get some cheap points directly off of TOs, you'll still lose.

seems to be the hole in the metric to me. at least on a game by game basis. or for the whole season if your QB is Cutler.
                            yeah it does. You could discount for non-offensive scores or turnovers if you were so inclined, I'm not. You could also discount for end of half drives that consist of kneel downs, but I don't feel like adding that all up.

You cannot have more drives than your opponent due to turnovers. If your drive ends in a TD, FG, punt, safety, fumble, interception, your drive is over and the other teams drive begins.

Really, there are only two ways you can have more possessions than your opponent: (1) possess the ball at the end of both halves (2) recover a kick-off (fumble, on-sides recovery).

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post

Unfortunately that would get a 15yd taunting penalty in our wussified league.

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDownPoster View Post
                                Unfortunately that would get a 15yd taunting penalty in our wussified league.
                                Well, 51 was still sliding on his back when Eddie told him gotcha, so maybe they would let it go. I would hope so anyway even if it was against a Bronco. Nice play.

Comment

Working...
                                X