Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Offense has actually gotten better since StL game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    Someone posted this in the comment section of IAOFM. Take it for what its worth:

"As an expert in body mechanics, I'm very sad to say that the Manning is certainly dealing with an overuse injury to his inner thigh(s). He reconfigured his throwing motion post-surgery to generate power from his base, and specifically rotation from his inner thighs. This is why he looked so dynamic and more mobile at the beginning of last season.

The problem is that this is a fundamentally unsound mechanic, and eventually leads to repetitive stress injuries of the overworked muscles (in this case his thigh). We saw the result last year as he lost strength and mobility as the year progressed.

This year, the tipping point has been reached, and it seems that his thigh problem is getting worse every week no matter how much rest he gets. I'm sure we've all noticed how much less strength is in his throws recently, especially those quick outs to the sideline (when you need full rotational force). Also, look at his footwork- he is unable to push off his inner thighs and is much weaker stepping into the pocket.

This hasn't been terribly noticeable because it's a slow onset type of injury. But if you need proof, fire up any game from early last season and compare it to the past few weeks- it's rather obvious. This isn't 'age' or 'weather' but simply his muscles weakening from overuse.

It makes me very sad to say I think we've seen the last of Manning's greatness. It's possible he can rework his throwing motion again this offseason, but very unlikely. It was a tremendous project to rework his motion post-surgery, and this would require similar relearning.

All I can say is that I really hope I'm wrong. Sadly, my expertise won't let me ignore what I'm seeing."
    If true, that would go a long ways towards explaining his issues the second half of the season. I hope it's not true, or, if it is, that a bye week will mitigate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
      I really don't get why Denver plays KC one way and the rest of the NFL different.

Denver vs. KC:

1) Negate the pass rush. Add an extra T. Run the ball. Quick passes.

2) Stop the run.

Tell me what AFC team this wouldn't work against?

What AFC team beats Denver if they negate the pass rush, run the football, and stop the run?...
      The Denver coaches acknowledge that KC's defensive line is very good at the pass rush. The Denver coaches ALSO see a weakness in the run defense (off left guard/left tackle). I've watched every Chiefs game, this year. Other teams have seen that same weakness, and ran the ball at will...

Comment

Someone posted this in the comment section of IAOFM. Take it for what its worth: ...
        Wow. Unfortunately, very believable.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
          one metric I like to look at is points per drive. This was brought to my attention last year in the Charger playoff game - it's not really about scoring points, it's about scoring more than your opponent. Both teams have a roughly equal number of possessions - within two anyways. So, what's really important is what you do with your possessions that count.

It doesn't really matter if a team can score in :30, or if it takes a 15 play, 8:00 drive, both drives end in a TD. The former leads to high-scoring shootout games, the later leads to low scoring, grind it out games. Both are good, and both can be dominant, it's not really fair to say that the former is better than the latter, so long as points are going on the board.

So, points per drive is probably the most important offensive metric to look at. The Broncos finished 2014 with 2.43, 4th in the league behind Green Bay (2.88), New England (2.59), and Dallas (2.47). League average is 1.93.

What is interesting is that the Broncos offensive efficiency went up after the Rams game. Despite the lack of high end of game scores, the Broncos were actually scoring at a higher rate than before.

Heading into the StL game, The Broncos were scoring at a 2.51 points/drive clip. After StL, they went run-heavy and points/drive actually went up to 2.66.

further, prior to the Rams game, the Broncos punted on average 4.9 times a game. After the Rams game, they punted 3.3 times per game.

I know it's easy to be concerned with the offense scoring in the mid 20s for consecutive weeks, especially after being spoiled with last years offense and multiple 40+ point games early on, but the fact is that the new run-centric offense is actually more efficient.
          That's actually pretty heartening to me.

Comment

Hurry up slows down the pass rush too. It makes all the sense in the world to go back to it.
            Eh, dunno if that is true. Use it in bursts, not constantly.

Comment

Someone posted this in the comment section of IAOFM. Take it for what its worth:

"As an expert in body mechanics, I'm very sad to say that the Manning is certainly dealing with an overuse injury to his inner thigh(s). He reconfigured his throwing motion post-surgery to generate power from his base, and specifically rotation from his inner thighs. This is why he looked so dynamic and more mobile at the beginning of last season.

The problem is that this is a fundamentally unsound mechanic, and eventually leads to repetitive stress injuries of the overworked muscles (in this case his thigh). We saw the result last year as he lost strength and mobility as the year progressed.

This year, the tipping point has been reached, and it seems that his thigh problem is getting worse every week no matter how much rest he gets. I'm sure we've all noticed how much less strength is in his throws recently, especially those quick outs to the sideline (when you need full rotational force). Also, look at his footwork- he is unable to push off his inner thighs and is much weaker stepping into the pocket.

This hasn't been terribly noticeable because it's a slow onset type of injury. But if you need proof, fire up any game from early last season and compare it to the past few weeks- it's rather obvious. This isn't 'age' or 'weather' but simply his muscles weakening from overuse.

It makes me very sad to say I think we've seen the last of Manning's greatness. It's possible he can rework his throwing motion again this offseason, but very unlikely. It was a tremendous project to rework his motion post-surgery, and this would require similar relearning.

All I can say is that I really hope I'm wrong. Sadly, my expertise won't let me ignore what I'm seeing."
              LMAO. "Inner thighs?" "Specifically rotation from his inner thighs"? LMAO, I can bag on Peyton all day, but "inner thighs" is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
                LMAO. "Inner thighs?" "Specifically rotation from his inner thighs"? LMAO, I can bag on Peyton all day, but "inner thighs" is ridiculous.
                But he's an expert in body mechanics

Comment

In other words, Manning is like a cheap 2-bit whore. Inner thighs weakened and sore from decades of overuse.

Comment

Who knows if he's real, but I'm gonna venture a guess and say you know little to nothing about the human body.

Comment

Medialthigholgists in my internets? It's more likely than you think...

Comment

Who knows if he's real, but I'm gonna venture a guess and say you know little to nothing about the human body.
                        LMAO at you now, Lelo. Go outside and throw something and see what muscles you use. They sure are not "inner thighs". Try to use your "inner thighs" to get some torque or velocity throwing a ball, you'll be stumped how to do it. Unless you're a chick.

Comment

The thing I do admire, even though it's driving me nuts, is that they stuck to their guns. Even when down.. even when the pace was obviously throwing Peyton off.. they stuck to their new gameplan, thinking that this was what we needed to win once we were in the playoffs.

So agree or disagree, they didn't give a token effort and give up. They stuck with it, and it did pay off. Now we'll see if it works in games that matter. If it does, people will be singing the praises of Elway, Fox and Co. Guess we'll see which way it goes. =)

Comment

LMAO at you now, Lelo. Go outside and throw something and see what muscles you use. They sure are not "inner thighs". Try to use your "inner thighs" to get some torque or velocity throwing a ball, you'll be stumped how to do it. Unless you're a chick.
                            Sit in a chair, using only your upper body, and throw the ball. See how far and how well you can throw.

Now, stand up, and using your whole body, see how far and how well you can throw.

Then come back and say you dont use your legs.

Comment

i dont pretend to know what muscles are being used for a throwing motion. But its clear Manning generates his power from his lower body. He has said as much. When he doesn't get his feet under him, his balls flail. So its not crazy to think a lower leg injury would hinder his throwing power, regardless of where said injury takes place.

Comment

Eh, dunno if that is true. Use it in bursts, not constantly.
                                Logically speaking, of course it works Give a lineman less rest, make him stay in his stance longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X