No announcement yet.

Orange Mane Weather Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where has better skiing? Colorado or Utah?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
      I haven't skied Vail in 15 years, but I used to love the back bowls and never thought the lines were terrible once you got out of the base area. I ski a lot at Loveland and have the Aspen/Snowmass classic pass. Basically the same feeling with Snowmass and Loveland as Vail - once you get out of the lower areas and away from where all the beginners are, the lines are mostly non-existent.

Steamboat is my absolute favorite ski town and mountain, but I've never been to Crested Butte. Breck used to be a real fun town as well, but it feels a lot more crowded lately.
      yeah.. it's pretty packed.

As for the back bowls, they're fine and good... and it takes you a lot of traversing to get there.

The way Aspen and particularly Snowmass are laid out (Steamboat too, actually), you can get to everything with 1-2 chair lift rides if you know where you're going. It takes several turns in lines just to make the back bowls. Pass.

Breckinfridge is a great town, but the ski hill leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Can't wait for the Butte trip.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
        Where has better skiing? Colorado or Utah?
        Colorado, IMO, and I've skied both. But if Vail gets its way and is able to link all those nearby mountains, it's going to cause some heartburn in CO.

Comment

Its Tuesday, weather predictions in winter for next day are wrong forget looking for Sunday this early.

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
            Colorado, IMO, and I've skied both. But if Vail gets its way and is able to link all those nearby mountains, it's going to cause some heartburn in CO.
            Beaver Creek and Vail Resort? That Would be sweet.

A nightmare for I-70, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
              Beaver Creek and Vail Resort? That Would be sweet.

A nightmare for I-70, though.
              In Utah, they're talking about linking all of their mountains... Alta, Snowbird, Park City, Canyons, Solitude, Brighton, and one more... all by gondola.

Now, to be fair, they've been talking about this for decades, and there are some pretty serious land-use issues they've got to get around, but... it's closer to being a reality than it ever has been before, and now that Vail (the devil) owns several resorts there, it wouldn't surprise me to see it actually come to pass.

If this happens, the Colorado ski industry will suffer. Crazy as that is to say.

Comment

Comment

Sunday weather forecast continues pretty decent for Denver...

Sunday 0% Precip. / 0 in
                  Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower to mid 40s. Lows 18 to 24.

Area forecast discussion
                  National Weather Service Denver/Boulder Colorado
                  324 PM MST Wednesday Jan 7 2015

...FOR THE WEEKEND THE FLOW ALOFT GOES TO A LIGHTER WESTERLY
                  DIRECTION. SOME EMBEDDED WEAK WAVES WITH LITTLE AGREEMENT BUT JUST
                  A LOW THREAT OF SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS. THERE WILL BE MILDER AIR
                  ALOFT...BUT SOME CLOUDS AND SNOW COVER ON THE PLAINS WILL LIMIT
                  THE WARMING AWAY FROM THE FOOTHILLS. STILL SOME DIFFERENCES ON THE
                  STRENGTH OF A WEAK SURGE OF COLD AIR ON THE PLAINS LATE
                  SUNDAY...LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SOMETHING THERE BUT PROBABLY NO
                  MOISTURE...COULD BRING THE COLDER PLAINS AIR BACK INTO DENVER IN
                  THE LATE AFTERNOON AND EVENING AFTER A MILDER DAY...

Comment

The very latest forecast calls for 42*F at the start of the game
                    38*F at half time and 30*F degrees by the 4th qtr with rain and/or snow starting to fall...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                      my prediction:

it might snow sometime during the game..
                      who knew

Comment

Working...
                      X