Jack Del Rio is reportedly top candidate for Raiders job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Del Rio is reportedly top candidate for Raiders job

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Expect Jack Del Rio to get significant interest from the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash">#Raiders</a>. Owner Mark Davis sought him out for a hello on the field yesterday.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/549644092737855491">December 29, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Not only is Jack Del Rio a local product for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash">#Raiders</a>, but his parents are <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash">#Raiders</a> season-ticket holders. He gets it. Plus, he won in Jax</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/549644439124459520">December 29, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If I were a coach, and had family in Oakland, I would pay for them to move somewhere else! I don't know why anyone would want to work for that organization!

Comment

Jack Del Rio should just say no . the raiders are a black hole for coaches very few escape the stench of coaching there except mike shannahan

Comment

The fact that the Raiders have already zeroed in on JDR tells me all I need to know. It's not like the Raiders have a history of picking great coaches. I won't miss JDR if he goes. This D has too much talent to let get picked apart by the better teams.

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
          If I were a coach, and had family in Oakland, I would pay for them to move somewhere else! I don't know why anyone would want to work for that organization!
          Their last draft made it intriguing for some to come in. But, they have no home as Oakland is a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
            Jack Del Rio should just say no . the raiders are a black hole for coaches very few escape the stench of coaching there except mike shannahan
            Jon Gruden is a great coach.

Comment

The AFC West continues to pluck coaches, yet Denver owns all the teams...keep plucking if it means more West titles.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
                If he says yes it means he is really desperate to be a head coach again. The Raiders organization is the greatest coach killer of all.

Comment

I like Del Rio as the Broncos D coordinator - he has gotten decent results, but I think him going to Oakland would keep their offense in neutral unless he makes an awesome O-Coordinator hire.

Derek Carr seems like he has the talent to be become a version of Alex Smith who throws the ball further than 10 yards, but Del Rio really never seemed to be able to get great QB play out of Leftwich and Gerrard and then drafted Blaine Gabbert and we all know how awesome he was. Given that Fox is already a defensive head coach - I don't think this would hurt Denver's defense or make Oakland a team to be scared of.

Comment

The Raiders also offered the head coaching position to Sean Payton in the mid-2000s but Bill Parcells advised him to stay on the Cowboys' staff as an assistant.
                    Last edited by Blake Street Bomber; 12-29-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
                      The fact that the Raiders have already zeroed in on JDR tells me all I need to know. It's not like the Raiders have a history of picking great coaches. I won't miss JDR if he goes. This D has too much talent to let get picked apart by the better teams.
                      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
                        i hear the Raiders organization reimburses 50% of the cost of gang tats for employees and their families.

so they have that going for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                          If he says yes it means he is really desperate to be a head coach again. The Raiders organization is the greatest coach killer of all.
                          Washington is pretty bad too.

Comment

correct, his gameplan against the patriots earlier in the season was embarassing. his record against brady is something like 1-8. no chance at foxborough when it comes down to brady vs del rio and manning vs belichick maybe the greatest defensive mind ever.

Comment

It has nothing to do with them not "picking" good coaches, they've gone after some good ones, it's that they get turned down fairly often.

The fact they are considering JDR as a candidate is no slight on JDR.

Comment

Working...
                              X