Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elite Defenses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elite Defenses

    I wasn't going to post about this because it's sort of ticky-tacky but here goes.

    I've seen the term "elite defenses" used couple of times in posts in different threads over the last few weeks. This was done by a couple of good posters.

    The term elite defense means a D who can just take over games on a consistent basis and dictate the outcome ,win or loss. That's my definition of Elite. To me neither the Phins or Bills qualify as elite they are good D's but not elite.

    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...bowl-era/5039/ Found this while looking around, some interesting numbers.

  • #2
    I don't think it matters honestly... it's all about matchups. Your defense can be great in an area that abuses one team.. but then can be taken advantage of in the next. The only "elite" defense I can remember is the Ravens D the year they won the SB (not the most recent one).. it was just amazingly good in all aspects.

    Bills or Dolphins will be great against some teams.. but weaker against others. Nature of the game. =)

    I think we'll have a tough challenge this weekend, but honestly am not too worried.. we average 35 at home, and have already played against some defense with solid #s. And I don't think the Bills will score even close to 35 on us. We win unless the team completely folds.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post
      The only "elite" defense I can remember is the Ravens D the year they won the SB (not the most recent one).. it was just amazingly good in all aspects.
      +85 Bears

      Comment


      • #4
        2013 Seahawks

        Comment


        • #5
          The Bucs defenses back in the day with Sapp, Lynch, Brooks,Barber, etc were pretty darn good too.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Action View Post
            2013 Seahawks
            Whore mouth shut

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Yoda View Post
              Whore mouth shut
              It's the truth though. That was an elite defense. This years Bills is good but it ain't that good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post
                I don't think it matters honestly... it's all about matchups.
                Agree 100% D stats are sooo overblown

                NE and Seattle are bad matchups for us (coaching esp)
                Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-06-2014, 07:24 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
                  Agree 100% D stats are sooo overblown

                  NE and Seattle are bad matchups for us
                  New England isn't a bad matchup for us. Unless you are referring to coaching.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                    Whore mouth shut
                    I love this guy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                      New England isn't a bad matchup for us. Unless you are referring to coaching.
                      I have absolutely no doubt we would beat them in Denver.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                        New England isn't a bad matchup for us. Unless you are referring to coaching.
                        its the biggest part yes

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Action View Post
                          2013 Seahawks
                          .
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
                            I have absolutely no doubt we would beat them in Denver.
                            I don't doubt we could beat them in their stadium if we could make adjustments in games and brought gameplans that aren't identical to the previous week. We definitely should have beat them in New England last season. That was just a big ol' choke job.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                              I don't doubt we could beat them in their stadium if we could make adjustments in games and brought gameplans that aren't identical to the previous week. We definitely should have beat them in New England last season. That was just a big ol' choke job.
                              Yea, we're definitely going to have to come in there with an excellent gameplan to win in Foxboro. I know we have the players to go in there and get a win, but I do question the coaches. I'm just going to resort to rooting like hell for the Chargers this weekend and hope we can win out. And yes, last years game at their place was an epic choke. Personally, I don't believe we are as good as last year though, and NE is better.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X