DT would take a hometown discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
    The difference between the two is one has a DC that knows what he's doing with the talent he has.
    Great. You just broke my unintentional comedy meter. Now I have to get another one and deal with the XMas crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
      He is still yapping about it - agent out of the country and unable to text him?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Demaryius on taking hometown discount &quot;it's testament to the (city) and this organization that took chance on me...&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/broncos?src=hash">#broncos</a></p>&mdash; Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/540944309378248704">December 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      If his agent could text him, he'd tell DT to stfu right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
        Watt is significantly better, now plays both ways, and doesn't have the same potential league suspension issues.
        Is he better than Clay Matthews? Bc he makes upper $13 million a year avg and I think he'll try to get more than him.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
          Is he better than Clay Matthews? Bc he makes upper $13 million a year avg and I think he'll try to get more than him.
          If he's willing to backload it with funny money like Clay's (doesn't top even $10 mil until year 5) then sure.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
            How many of these guys would Belichick resign if they were with NE?
            I was thinking the same thing... hate them or not, theirs is probably the model to follow if youre looking for one. But, the counter argument would be; we have a 2 yr. window. None of this matters though unless we have a decent O-line. Teams will eventually figure out how to stop our current 6-7 man front schemes. And does that even work without elite WR's? I say tag DT first, then sure up the O-line, then get an Elite D-Tackle. Then fill holes with cheaper options. If Harris want 8+ or Jt 5+ or Pot Roast 4+ then just move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranges View Post
              I say tag DT first, then sure up the O-line, then get an Elite D-Tackle.
              We have a slew of very good to great D-tackles now.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                DT should ask for at least $13 million avg a year(3rd behind Fitz and Megatron)
                Harris should ask for at $10 million avg a year (top 5 salary)
                JT should ask for at least $7.5 million avg a year (top 5 salary)

And Von will be asking for at least $14.5 million avg a year thanks to JJ Watt
                Why do you care how much some of our own players will get.

Worry about your own team, obsessed loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranges View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing... hate them or not, theirs is probably the model to follow if youre looking for one. But, the counter argument would be; we have a 2 yr. window. None of this matters though unless we have a decent O-line. Teams will eventually figure out how to stop our current 6-7 man front schemes. And does that even work without elite WR's? I say tag DT first, then sure up the O-line, then get an Elite D-Tackle. Then fill holes with cheaper options. If Harris want 8+ or Jt 5+ or Pot Roast 4+ then just move on.
                  Yes let all of them go over a couple million, great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                    We have a slew of very good to great D-tackles now.
                    We have one, and he's a FA.

I wouldnt put Knighton with Harris/DT but he's right after them.

Comment

Working...
                    X