Eli, RG3 or Manziel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli, RG3 or Manziel?

When Peyton retires, say its this offseason, out of these 3 guys - who could likely be available... who would you prefer we try and get? Or can you think of someone else? Someone that could realistically be traded for, like a backup. Or is there someone besides Mariota in college you like?
    RG3
    7.69%
    Manziel
    3.85%
    Eli Manning
    23.08%
    Brock O.
    65.38%

The poll is expired.

Dysert

Comment

Other.

1. RGIII is freaking mess, and two coaching staff have called him out now.
      2. Eli isn't going anywhere
      3. Manziel isn't going anywhere, even if they resign Hoyer, they keep him as cheap alternative if Hoyer bombs
      4. Brock is Brock, hopefully he has developed but I am still on the fence

In the draft I am interested in either Bryce Petty (Baylor) or Sean Mannion (Oregon State). The other top QBs will be out of our reach.

Comment

Eli.

Brock would be ok too if there was a good qb prospect coming out the following year

Comment

Ugh, now I am a little depressed. None of those look very promising. Many on here are going to realize just how stupid they have been with all the negative Manning talk. When he goes I think we are going to settle back into mediocrity for a while.

Comment

Eli is probably the best fit for us of those 4, but I highly doubt he's leaving NY next season.

Comment

RG3 just needs some maturity.

but Shanny did ruin him. he's no longer a running threat. but as a pocket passer who can scramble, he'd fit in here the way Plummer fit in here, running bootlegs and rollouts.

Comment

It would be insane not to give Brock a shot just to see what he's got. There's no way we can make a decision on him based on the (extremely) limited game time he's had.

There will have to be a little more emphasis on running the ball she peyton goes, but if we can do that and play good defence then whoever the new guy is he'll have a chance.

Also, none of those options are proven imho and none of them will be available anyway.."..

Comment

who ever will help win super bowls.

Comment

Originally posted by Gort View Post
                    RG3 just needs some maturity.

but Shanny did ruin him. he's no longer a running threat. but as a pocket passer who can scramble, he'd fit in here the way Plummer fit in here, running bootlegs and rollouts.
                    Shanny ruined him? More likely RG3 a bust.

Plummer played his best football under shanny.
                    Last edited by peacepipe; 11-22-2014, 07:53 AM.

Comment

None of the above

Comment

I'd start with Brock and see if he is actually ready .

Draft wise I'd go for Sean Mannion... If he's good, we could have Mannions Minnions .

As a matter of fact that's a good nickname for our current receivers ..... Mannings Minnions.

( EWWW...I think I threw up a little bit)
                        Last edited by ScottXray; 11-22-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                          Shanny ruined him? More likely RG3 a bust.

Plummer played his best football under shanny.
                          yeah he did. he played him on an injured knee and he got hurt again, permanently removing the spread option aspect from RG3's game.

Shanny was like Ahab. in his quest for another ring, he absolutely didn't care about anything else for the past decade and RG3's health and NFL future was certainly not of concern to him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...njury/1811689/

Shanny's BS rat-faced behavior also soured Plummer on the NFL and helped make him walk away from the NFL (although i think Tillman's death was a huge factor as well).
                          Last edited by Gort; 11-22-2014, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisp View Post
                            It would be insane not to give Brock a shot just to see what he's got. There's no way we can make a decision on him based on the (extremely) limited game time he's had.

There will have to be a little more emphasis on running the ball she peyton goes, but if we can do that and play good defence then whoever the new guy is he'll have a chance.

Also, none of those options are proven imho and none of them will be available anyway.."..
                            You know they play live in practice don't you? That's where qbs win jobs. That's how kurt Warner did. Either way, Elway's going to have to bring in a veteran to compete with brock. I would think.

And rg3 and Manziel are definitely available. Manning has 1 yr left on his deal and threw 27 INT's last year.

Comment

None but definitely Eli if you made me pick. Hard to argue with his rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X