Could you see Champ as a coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    I would say teach. The best coaches are teachers.
    I would say to teach is to communicate. Either by word or example.

Comment

Originally posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
      Guys that have tens of millions in the bank generally don't want to work 90 hours a week...
      There was a story a while back saying the reason wanted to play another year is because he is financially strapped due to a nasty divorce.

Comment

I don't see him as a great coach. Great players rarely make great coaches because they can't relate to guys that aren't at the same talent level. It is hard to teach when something comes easy to you as in Champs case. It is usually a fringe roster player that realizes they are having a short career that is a great coach. They take the time to study how to coach, teach and lead men.

Comment

Jim Harbaugh was a good player and coach.

Comment

Originally posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
            Guys that have tens of millions in the bank generally don't want to work 90 hours a week...
            Maybe not right after they retire, give it a few years though and there won't usually be millions in the bank, lol.

An average player will blow through his millions faster then you and I would blow through our tax return.

Comment

John Fox didn't have millions in the bank. He was ready to coach as soon as he retired.

Comment

He had all the passion of a rice cake... The anti ray Lewis. Not bad for a player but a great coach it does not make.

Comment

Working...
                X