X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you see Champ as a coach

Would it be a good Idea ?

Do think he would be willing ?

Do you think Elway and crew would be interested ?

It's a no brainier for me. I say sign him up now. He is a true Bronco and the best to ever play his position. I'll give it our DB's are doing a great job right now but with Champ coaching them we could go to a whole new level.

Not all great players make for great coaches

Comment

Not to mention, I don't think technique is an issue

Comment

He was known as a "lead by example" guy, not a vocal leader.

I'm not sure that would translate well to coaching. But, as I don't know him personally, maybe he'd be a great coach. I'd love for him to have a role on the organization in some capacity, if he can help.

Comment

I think he would be a great coach. Peyton I see as a future FO guy, Champ I see as a future coach.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
            Not to mention, I don't think technique is an issue
            They need work on turning their heads to look for the ball

Comment

Yes,
              Yes, and
              I hope so.

Comment

I understand there are players that just dont make good coaches but we are talking about the best player to ever play his position . I can understand the Vocal leader part but do you really need that to be a good coach ?

Comment

Most don't.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure I saw one CB during Champ's entire tenure here ever try and tackle properly (the way he did, textbook). Or, you know, improve at being a CB (Chris Harris excluded, but I think he's his own man).

This reminds me somewhat of the old "bring in a rookie receiver and let him learn under Rod Smith" while we proceeded to never develop a single receiver in that time. Some guys just aren't for coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                      I understand there are players that just dont make good coaches but we are talking about the best player to ever play his position . I can understand the Vocal leader part but do you really need that to be a good coach ?
                      I think good coaches though take a kind of moneyball approach to their players. Emphasize strengths, compensate for weaknesses.

I think this is where the truly elite professional athletes struggle to relate. Champ's game really had no glaring weakness to try to duct tape over. But as a coach, he'd be working mostly with dudes who are physically incapable of approaching the game the way he did.

Not to say he couldn't learn and adapt to that. But I think this is why the best athletes rarely become the best coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                        I think good coaches though take a kind of moneyball approach to their players. Emphasize strengths, compensate for weaknesses.

I think this is where the truly elite professional athletes struggle to relate. Champ's game really had no glaring weakness to try to duct tape over. But as a coach, he'd be working mostly with dudes who are physically incapable of approaching the game the way he did.

Not to say he couldn't learn and adapt to that. But I think this is why the best athletes rarely become the best coaches.
                        "No no no, you need to seamlessly pivot without losing speed, close the distance in three strides and then effortlessly pluck the ball from his waiting hands. How the **** are you not getting this?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                          Agreed..only problem w/ Champ being a coach here is EV ERYBODY loves him. .I liked him even when he played for Washington..coach Fox is the players coach we need a in your face coach. Champs far from that..
                          Agree 100% on Champ

I agree I think we need in your face coaches with this talent core. I'm sure they prefer it this way but, we are underachieving.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                            I understand there are players that just dont make good coaches but we are talking about the best player to ever play his position .
                            I thought this was about Champ, not Richard Sherman?

#12thManRawr #ChunkySoupFTW

/sarcasm

Comment

I definitely do not see him as a coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X