Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need this fear in our opponents

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We need this fear in our opponents

    This is what the greatest quarterback of all-time looks like.



    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/03pqRihRbMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


    We need everyone to believe.






  • #2
    Elway did it without weapons. Elway did it without coaching. There were no excuses and teams were frightened. Get it frigging done. Don't talk about being the best..BE the best..period.





    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bronco Rob View Post
      Elway did it without weapons. Elway did it without coaching. There were no excuses and teams were frightened. Get it frigging done. Don't talk about being the best..BE the best..period.





      All things are possible for the man who doesn't have to do them. It's easy to sit back and lob criticism. Execution of a concept often requires more than meets the eye. Go Broncos.

      Comment


      • #4
        Watching the highlights there just reminds you that offense has to be reactionary sometimes and you can't just flat out scheme and plan your way to success all the time. You have to improvise and react now and then, and make plays. That's what we've been lacking on a consistent basis the last several weeks. From Manning missing wide open guys in the endzone, to linemen whiffing on blocks, to safeties not wrapping up, etc. We need more plays like CJ made against the Raiders. We need guys stepping up and doing special things, more consistently. You can't expect it to happen all game long but right now we're lacking doing it much at all.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ZONA View Post
          Watching the highlights there just reminds you that offense has to be reactionary sometimes and you can't just flat out scheme and plan your way to success all the time. You have to improvise and react now and then, and make plays. That's what we've been lacking on a consistent basis the last several weeks. From Manning missing wide open guys in the endzone, to linemen whiffing on blocks, to safeties not wrapping up, etc. We need more plays like CJ made against the Raiders. We need guys stepping up and doing special things, more consistently. You can't expect it to happen all game long but right now we're lacking doing it much at all.
          The thing is Peyton's a great QB, but he's not an improviser.

          He's an if/then kinda guy, He's smart enough to process lots of if/then scenarios and usually find the best one.

          What he's not so good at is taking in information and improvising on the fly. Part of it is he doesn't have the athleticism for improv.

          Part of it is with all the mental gymnastics he's going through based on his presnap read, he doesn't have time to make a totally new read when the defense does something he didn't already predict. And that's only amplified when he has no time in the pocket.

          Comment


          • #6
            So NE last Sunday night ran the ball 37 times. 32 of those times were with an extra 6th Olineman and all 32 times they ran behind the extra lineman.

            Talk about executing a game plan. Denver runs two times and says screw it was only gained 3 yards on two carries so let's pass 50 times.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
              The thing is Peyton's a great QB, but he's not an improviser.

              He's an if/then kinda guy, He's smart enough to process lots of if/then scenarios and usually find the best one.

              What he's not so good at is taking in information and improvising on the fly. Part of it is he doesn't have the athleticism for improv.

              Part of it is with all the mental gymnastics he's going through based on his presnap read, he doesn't have time to make a totally new read when the defense does something he didn't already predict. And that's only amplified when he has no time in the pocket.
              He is what he is. What are these "improvising" qb's win % in modern day playoffs or SB? Pretty shabby

              Comment


              • #8
                We never got over the hump, until we got a credible running game (TD). All we need to do is find the next TD...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Funny thing is some posters on here think Peyton is better then Elway.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by whoeey View Post
                    He is what he is. What are these "improvising" qb's win % in modern day playoffs or SB? Pretty shabby
                    1-0 versus Peyton, though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Pick Six View Post
                      We never got over the hump, until we got a credible running game (TD). All we need to do is find the next TD...

                      Sans hump made it to three Super Bowls. Point is opposing teams gain confidence once they weather the initial storm. There has to be some level of fear. Something that gives them pause. Tired of cookie cutter gameplans. Let's see what Manning can REALLY do! Elway had no fear, Manning has no fear unleash the frigging unleash the Kraken!



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
                        Funny thing is some posters on here think Peyton is better then Elway.


                        No one will be or can be better than Elway. Manning has a chance to separate himself from his contemporaries by making a statement this season.





                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                          What was the take on Elway BEFORE he won a SB..it took the guy 3 tries..people like to measure by success..just the way it is.. Given that Peyton has more records to show hes better ..Elway has 1 more ring..truth is neither is better then the other. And right now Elway being a GM and Peyton the QB they both are lacking and their on the same team.

                          You're completely insane. Elway could roll to his right flick his wrist and a ball would be on a rope for 60 yards crossfield. There has never been nor there will be a qb like Elway in our lifetime. Peyton is our QB but he needs to be more like Elway and less like Manning.



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by whoeey View Post
                            He is what he is. What are these "improvising" qb's win % in modern day playoffs or SB? Pretty shabby
                            Who was the last pure pocket passer to win it all. Brees?

                            Or Eli, I guess.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by whoeey View Post
                              He is what he is. What are these "improvising" qb's win % in modern day playoffs or SB? Pretty shabby
                              I would consider Aaron Rogers and Big Ben these types, That's 3 rings right there.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X