• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoydogs
    replied
    [QUOTE=strafen;4247452]
    Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    I buy brand new parts. I get parts at discount at any parts store close to my area.
    You just didn't use your best judgment, man.
    That's why next time, have the customer sign a waiver if he or she goes against your best advice.
    Good thing it was a compressor and not a wheel or suspension component.
    Don't take this the wrong way, bud. Just telling you something that you probably don't want to hear...
    She did sign a waiver

Leave a comment:

• strafen
    replied
    [QUOTE=Quoydogs;4246518]
    Originally posted by strafen View Post
    Did she insist in buying that compressor?
    This is on you. The customer is not a mechanic.
    You didn't have a business offering her that compressor. It could've also been siezed up. Also, upon installation it was your job to make sure it didn't have any leaks. You know better, bud![/QUOTE

Some people don't have the money for all new parts. This is why they have wrecking yards. You're probably one of the people that does this kinda thing. I can tell by your comment.
    I buy brand new parts. I get parts at discount at any parts store close to my area.
    You just didn't use your best judgment, man.
    That's why next time, have the customer sign a waiver if he or she goes against your best advice.
    Good thing it was a compressor and not a wheel or suspension component.
    Don't take this the wrong way, bud. Just telling you something that you probably don't want to hear...

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    [QUOTE=strafen;4246403]Did she insist in buying that compressor?
    You didn't have a business offering her that compressor. It could've also been siezed up. Also, upon installation it was your job to make sure it didn't have any leaks. You know better, bud![/QUOTE

Some people don't have the money for all new parts. This is why they have wrecking yards. You're probably one of the people that does this kinda thing. I can tell by your comment.

Leave a comment:

• WolfpackGuy
    replied
    What does she need the AC for in November anyway?

Just open the damn window!

Leave a comment:

• KipCorrington25
    replied
    I'm neutral on this one...

Leave a comment:

• strafen
    replied
    I own a automotive business. We put a used A/C compressor for 301.30 on a clients vehicle. We explained that it was a used part and was 15 years old. It was not a wise Idea because of the age. Well it leaked , so we warranted it. She returned a few weeks later and it was leaking again. She brought it to another shop had them replace it with a new Compressor and then filed a suit against up for 1500.oo dollars because she is claiming the parts that we used was defective. Now I as a business owner have to pay this because I would win if we go to court but it would cost me around 5k to do so.

This is one ****ed up world we live in. SO here is my advise.

If you don't like something you have purchased. Sue the people for it because you're not happy with it. Just make the suit less then the court cost and you will win.

Go figure it was a ****ing KC fan too.

Anyways
    Thanks for listening and Mother ****er.
    Did she insist on buying that compressor?
    You didn't have a business offering her that compressor. It could've also been siezed up. Also, upon installation it was your job to make sure it didn't have any leaks. You know better, bud!
    Last edited by strafen; 11-20-2014, 08:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Starting to understand your name.
    All good

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
    BS. My car was hit in the back in a parking lot. All that was damaged was my tail light assembly. Insurance got the replacement from the dealer. My car is a 2010.
    It's not always the case with minor damage like a taillight. Depends on the car too, like only OEM for range rovers, Porsche etc. They keep costs low by going used/aftermarket.

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-insura...ermarket-parts

http://www.consumerinsuranceguide.co...acement-parts/
    Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 11-20-2014, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    So much for "in season mode". I guess we're all allowed now to just throw up topics about anything on the main page.
    You own a Chevy Tahoe by chance ? Oh and PS BTW

Orange Mane Central Discussion
    This is our "Mane" attraction. The best Denver Broncos discussion on the Internet. Currently in "Off Season Mode." All discussion topics welcome

If we are talking how the law reads then there is that
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 11-20-2014, 05:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    Woops I've been thinking it was the AC condensor.
    Starting to understand your name.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    What the hell are you talking about. Check the next time a compressor is leaking I will replace the condenser .
    Woops I've been thinking it was the AC condensor.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    So much for "in season mode". I guess we're all allowed now to just throw up topics about anything on the main page.

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    You will win the lawsuit. . .

ON THE MOON.

Leave a comment:

• GreatBronco16
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    If anyone goes through insurance you cannot avoid not using used parts. Insurance companies always go used on even newer vehicles.
    BS. My car was hit in the back in a parking lot. All that was damaged was my tail light assembly. Insurance got the replacement from the dealer. My car is a 2010.

Leave a comment:

• theAPAOps5
    replied
    Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
    In what world is it going to cost you $5K to fight it? That's small claims court. It's like Judge Judy, man. Just show up, and fight it yourself.
    Or just go on Judge Judy..... Or move to myrtle beach

Leave a comment:

Working...
X