X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maher_tyler
    replied
    Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    She hired a attorney so there is no small claims case. She found a god damned ambulance chaser that wants to take it to trial.
    Can't you just defend yourself?? If you have documents sign by her stating basically that she knew what she was getting before the work was done. I don't see how she could win. Sounds like she knows she's wrong but is pissed the part didn't work out.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    She hired a attorney so there is no small claims case. She found a god damned ambulance chaser that wants to take it to trial.
    The parts house is on the hook for that money. She will not win against you. If the AC condensor leaked because of installation problems that's different. If the part is defective its on the parts house.

Usually in warranty clauses on automotive theres something written about the shop getting a chance to fix the problem before taken somewhere else. That's most def the case with insurance and auto body's.
    Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 11-20-2014, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by hades View Post
    Take it to trial and counter file and include court costs and attorney fees. I was on a jury for a similar type case where a dumb lady tried to sue, and she got her ass handed to her by us.
    In Oregon I can not file suit for attorney charges or my time. Other wise I would go to trial . But as it is it's just not worth my 3500.00 to prove my point.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    Originally posted by hades View Post
    Take it to trial and counter file and include court costs and attorney fees. I was on a jury for a similar type case where a dumb lady tried to sue, and she got her ass handed to her by us.
    This!

Leave a comment:

• Irish Stout
    replied
    1. If you own a business that relies on contracts, oral or written, then convert them to all written contracts and have those form contracts reviewed by an attorney.

2. If you have a written contract with a customer (which they signed) that states you are using a used part and therefore do not guaranty or warrant the fitness and condition of that part, then you can submit that to the Court with an affidavit and motion to dismiss for the low, low cost of your filing fees. Have customers clearly waive your liability on used parts.

3. Adopt a policy to not reuse parts that are 15 years old.

4. Don't hire an attorney to defend you in court on this action, but defend it rather than settling at $1,500.00, if the client agreed and understood it was a used part that was 15 years old. This should save you in the neighborhood of $4,500.00 of the expected $5,000 you stated earlier.

5. Don't install 15 year old parts.

Leave a comment:

• hades
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    Customers cry about prices being so high so used parts are the norm. Insurance companies will almost always go for used/aftermarket crap cause well, insurance companies are cheap.

I feel for you man. If you have it written on the invoice/repair order that used/aftermarket is not guaranteed she has no case.

If anything the parts house you got the part from should pay for the costs.
    I gave her the 90 day warranty on the part which it came with. When it went bad I even covered the labor which is not covered. She didn't give me a chance the second time . She also had it replaced with a new compressor the next time and wants me to pay the bill for that. ****ing Stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
    In what world is it going to cost you $5K to fight it? That's small claims court. It's like Judge Judy, man. Just show up, and fight it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
    If she agreed to it to pay less for a used part over a new one how can she file suit??
    She is claiming a inferior part was used. The ****ty thing is that I would win hands down no contest but it will cost 5k in fees to do so or I can just write her a check for 1500.00 and be done with it.

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    In what world is it going to cost you $5K to fight it? That's small claims court. It's like Judge Judy, man. Just show up, and fight it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
    Well I know who not to go to, to replace an A/C compressor on my car. Why the hell would you use a used part, more or less one that is 15+ years old? And you still charged over 300 bucks for that thing? Sounds like you were trying to screw her over to begin with. Just what kind of car was this going into?
    99 chevy tahoe

Leave a comment:

• maher_tyler
    replied
    If she agreed to it to pay less for a used part over a new one how can she file suit??

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
    I don't know much about cars but it seems kinda stupid to put a 15 year old used part on a vehilce and expect it to work like new.
    Customers cry about prices being so high so used parts are the norm. Insurance companies will almost always go for used/aftermarket crap cause well, insurance companies are cheap.

I feel for you man. If you have it written on the invoice/repair order that used/aftermarket is not guaranteed she has no case.

If anything the parts house you got the part from should pay for the costs.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
    Well I know who not to go to, to replace an A/C compressor on my car. Why the hell would you use a used part, more or less one that is 15+ years old? And you still charged over 300 bucks for that thing? Sounds like you were trying to screw her over to begin with. Just what kind of car was this going into?
    125 for the compressor
    labor 98.00
    a/c recharge of 134.95

As for the used part her truck is 15 years old too and she did not want to pay for a new one. That's the best part . I have a signed invoice saying she understands that this could happen and she is ok with it.

Leave a comment:

• GreatBronco16
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X