OT- Rant thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    This is true. Stupid me for trying to help. You sound like my attorney . No good deed goes unpunished.
    Don't take it as a insult. I understand why you did what you did and we always want to help. I've been burned too.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle Dragger View Post
      That might be the logical point of view but I'm telling you that's not how the real world works. We can sit here and talk about what should be right all day. In the end he loses in court. I worked for the Bureau of Automotive Repair in California and saw lots of shops that were morally right loose in court. His mistake was going outside the box and trying to make the repair more affordable. He put his shop at risk and is now being sued. That's why when you take your car to the shop they insist on doing the repair correctly while the shade tree guy puts one part on and leaves the questionable stuff in service. The repair shop quotes the job to repair everything related because they know there is always someone like this lady that will blame them no mater how well you explain the possible failure.
      Going OEM rather than aftermarket on something like an AC condensor is the right way everytime. They work much better and last much longer. With aftermarket an evac and charge comes much more often. Where it went wrong is he didn't return and replace when it first leaked. If it's a comeback for a leak that condensor shouldve been returned. Used OEM is always better on older cars than aftermarket. Especially in autobody. Aftermarket fenders/bumpers/lights etc never fit right.

Comment

I would just tell my customers that if they want used parts, they need to get it themselves and put it on themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
          Going OEM rather than aftermarket on something like an AC condensor is the right way everytime. They work much better and last much longer. With aftermarket an evac and charge comes much more often. Where it went wrong is he didn't return and replace when it first leaked. If it's a comeback for a leak that condensor shouldve been returned. Used OEM is always better on older cars than aftermarket. Especially in autobody. Aftermarket fenders/bumpers/lights etc never fit right.
          What the hell are you talking about. Check the next time a compressor is leaking I will replace the condenser .

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
            In what world is it going to cost you $5K to fight it? That's small claims court. It's like Judge Judy, man. Just show up, and fight it yourself.
            Or just go on Judge Judy..... Or move to myrtle beach

Comment

If anyone goes through insurance you cannot avoid not using used parts. Insurance companies always go used on even newer vehicles.
              BS. My car was hit in the back in a parking lot. All that was damaged was my tail light assembly. Insurance got the replacement from the dealer. My car is a 2010.

Comment

You will win the lawsuit. . .

ON THE MOON.

Comment

So much for "in season mode". I guess we're all allowed now to just throw up topics about anything on the main page.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about. Check the next time a compressor is leaking I will replace the condenser .
                    Woops I've been thinking it was the AC condensor.

Comment

Woops I've been thinking it was the AC condensor.
                      Starting to understand your name.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                        So much for "in season mode". I guess we're all allowed now to just throw up topics about anything on the main page.
                        You own a Chevy Tahoe by chance ? Oh and PS BTW

Orange Mane Central Discussion
                        This is our "Mane" attraction. The best Denver Broncos discussion on the Internet. Currently in "Off Season Mode." All discussion topics welcome

If we are talking how the law reads then there is that
                        Last edited by Quoydogs; 11-20-2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
                          BS. My car was hit in the back in a parking lot. All that was damaged was my tail light assembly. Insurance got the replacement from the dealer. My car is a 2010.
                          It's not always the case with minor damage like a taillight. Depends on the car too, like only OEM for range rovers, Porsche etc. They keep costs low by going used/aftermarket.

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-insura...ermarket-parts

http://www.consumerinsuranceguide.co...acement-parts/
                          Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 11-20-2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Starting to understand your name.
                            All good

Comment

I own a automotive business. We put a used A/C compressor for 301.30 on a clients vehicle. We explained that it was a used part and was 15 years old. It was not a wise Idea because of the age. Well it leaked , so we warranted it. She returned a few weeks later and it was leaking again. She brought it to another shop had them replace it with a new Compressor and then filed a suit against up for 1500.oo dollars because she is claiming the parts that we used was defective. Now I as a business owner have to pay this because I would win if we go to court but it would cost me around 5k to do so.

This is one ****ed up world we live in. SO here is my advise.

If you don't like something you have purchased. Sue the people for it because you're not happy with it. Just make the suit less then the court cost and you will win.

Go figure it was a ****ing KC fan too.

Anyways
                              Thanks for listening and Mother ****er.
                              Did she insist on buying that compressor?
                              This is on you. The customer is not a mechanic.
                              You didn't have a business offering her that compressor. It could've also been siezed up. Also, upon installation it was your job to make sure it didn't have any leaks. You know better, bud!
                              Last edited by strafen; 11-20-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I'm neutral on this one...

Comment

Working...
                                X