X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by HILife View Post
    I agree with this. Show her she can't F with you.
    The law protect the consumer so I can't go for fees and court costs. If I could I would be laughing right now instead of steaming.

Leave a comment:

• HILife
    replied
    Originally posted by hades View Post
    Take it to trial and counter file and include court costs and attorney fees. I was on a jury for a similar type case where a dumb lady tried to sue, and she got her ass handed to her by us.
    I agree with this. Show her she can't F with you.

Leave a comment:

• hades
    replied
    Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
    Bastage. Depends on which rankings you go by (peer firm rankings, client rankings, independent rankings, etc) and they change every year, so it's impossible to say what exactly you really are....but we always seem to be in the top 3 of the major ones.
    J.D. Power, the standard by which all things are ranked.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    OEM new/used >>>>> aftermarket all day long.
    After market clutch set-ups on compressors are never right. Most electrical I try to go OEM on as well. Never get an after market gas cap on anything 08 or newer . On that same note suspension parts , brakes pad , steering components , belts and hoses ect... way better then OE.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    There are some good after market it parts. I don't think autozone sells any of them though. Again she did not want to buy a new one. She asked for a used one and I explained it her that this could happen. This is the stupid part about this. I even had her sign a waiver for it. I will win if I go to court. This is a lay down case but it will cost 3 times as much to go to court as it would just to pay her off .
    OEM new/used >>>>> aftermarket all day long.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
    Well the prices went from the 190 range to over 500 dollars. I went with the Chevy Tahoe 4wd with the 5.7 V8.

I was just doing a general search at part houses to see just how much money you were saving her by going with a 14 year old junked out part rather than looking for a remanufactured one that would come with a 2 year warranty at the least.
    I know for a fact my cost on a new compressor for her was right around 450. bucks just for the part. It saved her a lot by going used.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    Lmao why would you put an aftermarket part??

Real parts >>> aftermarket garbage.

It's not his fault the parts house gave him a defective part.

I would never ever put an aftermarket part on my car. It's why I chose a new/OEM clause on my insurance.
    There are some good after market it parts. I don't think autozone sells any of them though. Again she did not want to buy a new one. She asked for a used one and I explained it her that this could happen. This is the stupid part about this. I even had her sign a waiver for it. I will win if I go to court. This is a lay down case but it will cost 3 times as much to go to court as it would just to pay her off .

Leave a comment:

• GreatBronco16
    replied
    Well the prices went from the 190 range to over 500 dollars. I went with the Chevy Tahoe 4wd with the 5.7 V8.

I was just doing a general search at part houses to see just how much money you were saving her by going with a 14 year old junked out part rather than looking for a remanufactured one that would come with a 2 year warranty at the least.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
    Same if you get fired from a job at a company of any real size. Sue. Even in an "at will" state and even if you were incompetent, always absent, etc. Sue for just enough that they won't want to pay their big firm even more to fight it (extra few weeks pay or a small lump sum just to go away quietly) and you'll walk away a little richer for it.
    This is true as well. I fired a guy that lied on his resume blew up 3 motors in a week and almost got one of my good customers in a crash. Because I didn't 1 give him a verbal warning 2 write him up 3 suspend him and then 4 terminate him I had to pay him as well. The judge looked at me and said it's not a matter of what is right or wrong its how the law is written.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Autozone has a compressor for her vehicle for 194 bucks. Comes with a 2 year warranty. I think that would have been better than a 14 year old used one that had to come out of a junked car. Not sure why anyone would slap any kind of warranty on a 14 year old car part.
    Lmao why would you put an aftermarket part??

Real parts >>> aftermarket garbage.

It's not his fault the parts house gave him a defective part.

I would never ever put an aftermarket part on my car. It's why I chose a new/OEM clause on my insurance.

Leave a comment:

• GreatBronco16
    replied
    Why would you put any autozone part in your car would be my first question.
    Why would you put a 14 year old used part in your car would be mine.

I would take a autozone part over a junker part of 14 years old any day.

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Autozone has a compressor for her vehicle for 194 bucks. Comes with a 2 year warranty. I think that would have been better than a 14 year old used one that had to come out of a junked car. Not sure why anyone would slap any kind of warranty on a 14 year old car part.
    Why would you put any autozone part in your car would be my first question. Also I love how they quoted you on it when you don't have her engine size or what kind of Compressor goes on it. Hint there are 2 different ones.

Leave a comment:

• Beantown Bronco
    replied
    So here is my suggestions to all . Go to Best Buy or the like. Buy yourself a nice new TV/Projector for around 2500.00 . Then file a suit against them saying that your are not happy with the picture and would like your money back. Make sure you hire a ambulance chaser and file a case by jury. They will just pay you back because it cheaper then going to court. This is what I have learned.
    Same if you get fired from a job at a company of any real size. Sue. Even in an "at will" state and even if you were incompetent, always absent, etc. Sue for just enough that they won't want to pay their big firm even more to fight it (extra few weeks pay or a small lump sum just to go away quietly) and you'll walk away a little richer for it.

Leave a comment:

• GreatBronco16
    replied
    125 for the compressor
    labor 98.00
    a/c recharge of 134.95

Leave a comment:

• Beantown Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by hades View Post
    Must be the 3rd place one, otherwise you'd say you work at THE top employment law firm in the country.

Bastage. Depends on which rankings you go by (peer firm rankings, client rankings, independent rankings, etc) and they change every year, so it's impossible to say what exactly you really are....but we always seem to be in the top 3 of the major ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X