Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT- Rant thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by hades View Post
    Take it to trial and counter file and include court costs and attorney fees. I was on a jury for a similar type case where a dumb lady tried to sue, and she got her ass handed to her by us.
    This!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by hades View Post
      Take it to trial and counter file and include court costs and attorney fees. I was on a jury for a similar type case where a dumb lady tried to sue, and she got her ass handed to her by us.
      In Oregon I can not file suit for attorney charges or my time. Other wise I would go to trial . But as it is it's just not worth my 3500.00 to prove my point.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
        She hired a attorney so there is no small claims case. She found a god damned ambulance chaser that wants to take it to trial.
        The parts house is on the hook for that money. She will not win against you. If the AC condensor leaked because of installation problems that's different. If the part is defective its on the parts house.

        Usually in warranty clauses on automotive theres something written about the shop getting a chance to fix the problem before taken somewhere else. That's most def the case with insurance and auto body's.
        Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 11-20-2014, 11:27 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
          She hired a attorney so there is no small claims case. She found a god damned ambulance chaser that wants to take it to trial.
          Can't you just defend yourself?? If you have documents sign by her stating basically that she knew what she was getting before the work was done. I don't see how she could win. Sounds like she knows she's wrong but is pissed the part didn't work out.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            The parts house is on the hook for that money. She will not win against you. If the AC condensor leaked because of installation problems that's different. If the part is defective its on the parts house.

            Usually in warranty clauses on automotive theres something written about the shop getting a chance to fix the problem before taken somewhere else. That's most def the case with insurance and auto body's.
            It's not a matter of winning. She signed papers so it's pretty much case closed but by the time I get done paying my blood sucker it will cost me 5 k to prove that she is a idiot.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
              In what world is it going to cost you $5K to fight it? That's small claims court. It's like Judge Judy, man. Just show up, and fight it yourself.

              Yep, fight it yourself.


              i had a couple try to sue me for something. Like you, they got a lawyer who priced the claim enough for trial but low enough to make it easier for me to settle. Settlement was at $2500 i think? Dont remember.

              **** THAT!!!
              **** them!

              I showed up with NO legal experience but I was not at fault for anything. I took them head on. Paid a court cost of something I think. Was told I could get a lawyer to try and get those back but I decided not to do so. So it ended up costing me some money but I won and those jerks ended up losing a lot more, laywer, court fees, etc.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                Yep, fight it yourself.


                i had a couple try to sue me for something. Like you, they got a lawyer who priced the claim enough for trial but low enough to make it easier for me to settle. Settlement was at $2500 i think? Dont remember.

                **** THAT!!!
                **** them!

                I showed up with NO legal experience but I was not at fault for anything. I took them head on. Paid a court cost of something I think. Was told I could get a lawyer to try and get those back but I decided not to do so. So it ended up costing me some money but I won and those jerks ended up losing a lot more, laywer, court fees, etc.
                I thought about this but without a blood sucker isn't it a lot bringing a knife to a gun fight ?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                  It's not a matter of winning. She signed papers so it's pretty much case closed but by the time I get done paying my blood sucker it will cost me 5 k to prove that she is a idiot.
                  Like others said you can represent yourself. It's worth it. Customers are the worst when it comes to their cars. They want it cheap as hell, take the used route knowing problems can happen then cry about it after.

                  If you don't do it, Id suggest you send the bill to the parts house.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                    I thought about this but without a blood sucker isn't it a lot bringing a knife to a gun fight ?
                    Your gun is that repair order. Those documents are a life saver.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                      The parts house is on the hook for that money. She will not win against you. If the AC condensor leaked because of installation problems that's different. If the part is defective its on the parts house.

                      Usually in warranty clauses on automotive theres something written about the shop getting a chance to fix the problem before taken somewhere else. That's most def the case with insurance and auto body's.
                      Yep it is printed on the invoice that we are the only ones how can honor the warranty. I will win hands down but in todays world it still will cost a fortune to do so. With all the paper work , paying for expert witnesses, jury members , court costs ect... it's just not as easy as it seems.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've had 2 employees quit without 2 weeks notice in the last month and 1 who left for the weekend and then called on Monday stating she is filing for FMLA and will not be back until 12/16.

                        I have regulators sending in hundreds of complaints in without even looking at the validity of them, and to top it off, another employee called out today. So here I am doing 4 employees jobs on top of mine.

                        Oh, and I have to work on Saturday to test our business continuity site. Oh, and I don't get paid for it.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                          I've had 2 employees quit without 2 weeks notice in the last month and 1 who left for the weekend and then called on Monday stating she is filing for FMLA and will not be back until 12/16.

                          I have regulators sending in hundreds of complaints in without even looking at the validity of them, and to top it off, another employee called out today. So here I am doing 4 employees jobs on top of mine.

                          Oh, and I have to work on Saturday to test our business continuity site. Oh, and I don't get paid for it.
                          Employees don't do this to good bosses. You must really suck.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                            Employees don't do this to good bosses. You must really suck.
                            I knew that one was coming.
                            I assure you, it had nothing to do w/me - it is the nature of the business I'm in.

                            But thanks, jerk.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                              I knew that one was coming.
                              I assure you, it had nothing to do w/me - it is the nature of the business I'm in.

                              But thanks, jerk.
                              Sooooo, are ya hiring L O L

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by hades View Post
                                You have her address, go sneak up there one night and stick a banana in her tail pipe.

                                Be sure to buy some new/used boots that are at least 3 sizes too large, so when CSI gets involved, they will not be able to say the shoe is the same size as you wear. People always leave footprints behind and get busted! Toss the boots into a fire pit away from home and burn them afterwards.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X