The TJ Ward Story - Origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TJ Ward Story - Origins

Cool video. Thanks to SBNation for this.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/coR2sPDk8S8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and we can trade for Anquan Boldin

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aqMCx3C9NPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
      I'll watch it when he makes a ****ing play.

Most disappointing Bronco of 2014, imo.

He is meeting my expectations. I understand those here had high expectations though for him to do better.

36 tackles (on pace for his average)
      1 sack (on pace for his career high)
      Safety
      1 INT

His impact does seem to be a coaching issue as last year he seemed to be blitzing a hell of a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
        He is meeting my expectations. I understand those here had high expectations though for him to do better.

Safety
        1 INT

His impact does seem to be a coaching issue as last year he seemed to be blitzing a hell of a lot more.
        I thought that was the big reason we brought him in: to bring more pressure up the middle. Haven't seen it yet.

Comment

I think TJ has been a victim of the coaches asking him to do too much. He looks like he bulked up this year to play more of a nickel backer role than he ever did in the past, and his coverage has suffered as a result. Just like with Von, bulking up your explosive playmakers doesn't usually turn out well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
            I thought that was the big reason we brought him in: to bring more pressure up the middle. Haven't seen it yet.
            Fox: Hey TJ, I know you're a hard hitting, in the box, strong safety, but we're going to go ahead and put you in coverage most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
              Fox: Hey TJ, I know you're a hard hitting, in the box, strong safety, but we're going to go ahead and put you in coverage most of the time.
              What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

...what do you expect him to do on passing plays?

Sorry bud, your post makes very little sense when given any thought.
                What doesn't make sense to me is that if we weren't going to blitz him that much and have him in coverage most of the time why we didn't sign someone else that has better coverage skills??

Comment

Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
                  ...why we didn't sign someone else that has better coverage skills??
                  I've been beating this drum for at least a month now. One of the many big questions about this season.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                    I've been beating this drum for at least a month now. One of the many big questions about this season.
                    Yeah, but it was just mostly winloss bitching until this week.

Comment

...what do you expect him to do on passing plays?

Sorry bud, your post makes very little sense when given any thought.
                      Bring the pain.

Comment

If you're suggesting he blitz every passing down, we could really on do that on obvious passing downs and in those circumstances, wouldn't you rather just sub him out for a better pass rusher like Malik, Quanterus, etc?
                        I think, and I could be wrong, he's talking about cracking some receivers when they attempt to catch the ball. I haven't really seen him seperate the ball from the receiver like a lot of big hitting safties do. Atwater used to punish receivers. Catches they made in the first half became drops in the 4th quarter cause they were afraid of getting blasted again. I think some of the TJ Ward disappointment has to do with how good dudes like Atwater and Dennis Smith were. Denver fans might have been expecting too much from Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post

Safety
                          1 INT

There ya go. Nailed it. Rep! I was more excited about Ward being on this team and I also believe JDR has not used him properly. He was deadly in Cleveland, here he's just not too shabby.

Comment

If you're suggesting he blitz every passing down, we could really on do that on obvious passing downs and in those circumstances, wouldn't you rather just sub him out for a better pass rusher like Malik, Quanterus, etc?
                            I don't see how it'd be worse than what we're seeing? The real question for you, was I being 100% seriousyouguys with my post?

Comment

Working...
                            X